It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:48 am 

crystal wrote:
Good idea silmefea. I don't quite get what you mean by "write the world to your own tastes. It could be a hologram that offers you choices..."

What sorts of choices would this hologram give you?

You remember the caves where Yeesha speaks o you as a hologram? Well it could be sort of lie that only with a picture of Relto and you could choose the terrain features and colors by clicking on the different symbols that you used to bring up the hologram. Say you didn't want the mountain, you could eliminate it altogether at this stage. Maybe you want a cottage rather than a hut or you want to move your pond to the front of the house. Color would also be changeable. I really don't know what is possible, just what I would like to see.

That which doesn't kill me is gonna regret its failure.

-Silmefea

Post subject: Re: Relto, not Relto?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sophia wrote:
dnidaz wrote:
What do you think?

I couldn't agree more dnidaz! Where are my curtains, flower vases, comfy chairs and picture frames??? If I could choose a home world, it would be something like Rowan Green (yes I know it is not very Uru like, but all the same I love it).

Relto is terrible, unwelcoming, and every single addition was utterly useless. Who wants rain when, as already mentioned, the roof leaks? Who wants a dirty old rug in the middle of the hut if you can't even sweep the dirt under it? Who wants STONES and STICKS? And worst of all, a fireplace on the OUTSIDE??!?

No, I fully agree, I vote Relto OUT. Off with its head, and let's find a new home in Open Source! :lol:

I liked having the rocks and stones. They gave me something to kick around and interact with on Relto. And that thing on the outside is NOT a fireplace. It is an oven, quite similar to the outdoor ovens (hornos) used by the pueblo Indians of New Mexico.

I personally liked my Relto, but everyone has different tastes, so just as some don't like it, others would retch if they were given a cottage with flowery curtains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:12 am 
Obduction Backer

I liked using my oven to cook the stones. Nothing beats stone soup after a long day of adventuring.

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have heard Ercana plants soup is pretty tasty too, but I guess that one is only for the really adventurous explorer... Seeing what they do to the Lake I wouldnt't try eating them myself... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Ahhh... so that's why the warned us not to drink the Lake water! :shock:

[spoiler]I remember seeing a sketch of Er'cana, which mentioned there was a spot where "fertilizer" goes in. I always wondered why the place looked like a sewage treatment plant.... And if that's what the pellets are made from, well, now we have another reason not to drink the Lake water![/spoiler]

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:35 am 

I liked the Relto as a place that was "mine." Somewhere I could go to be alone and poke around and think, where nobody could show up to interrupt me, but which I could allow other people into if I wanted.

I think maybe pages that would allow you to change the basic backdrop might be nice. Change it from the twilight mountain peak into, say, a valley in the middle of a mountain range, or an island surrounded by ocean as far as the eye can see. I'd want them to be page options, though, which forcefully turn conflicting pages off. I wouldn't want to have to pick a Relto and stick with it. I change my mind too much.

One thing that always really bugged me was that there's no way to pick things up and look at them that doesn't involve kicking them around. Uru has a physics engine, why not get a little use out of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:56 am 

Maybe we can just make a feature where you can select each model and move it, like the Elder Scrolls Toolkit or BFeditor. Or if not that, make a book with a symbol for each model, and let you choose between a bunch of models the community loaded for that location- choose Hut.3ds or Cottage.3ds from a dropdown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:12 pm 

I like Relto, but there is nothing to do there! How about an activity like Jalak, to make hanging out in your Relto fun?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:32 am 

Janara wrote:
I like Relto, but there is nothing to do there! How about an activity like Jalak, to make hanging out in your Relto fun?

Monthly concerts of your favorite artists! :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5