It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:49 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm starting in on a project I've been mulling over for a while now -- notionally, it's a nonfiction book written by a journalist who found out about D'ni just after Yeesha's last appearance [1]. In reality, it occupies a weird in-between of reportage of shared fiction.

I'd like to get in touch with as many people as I can who were in cavern during any of the phases of the game -- Prologue, Until Uru and/or MOUL. What I'm after to start with is how and when you first came to D'ni -- IC by preference (if OOC I reserve the right to create an IC analog). Among those I'm particularly interested in corresponding with are (the players behind) Sydney & co. and J.D. Barnes.

Where this may get especially tricky (*glances at Chogon*) is that the notional author would also want to talk to as many of the DRC folk as possible. There is also the question of seeking elaboration on "Fighting Branch" Loftin and Elias Zandi, and the circumstances surrounding the rediscovery of the cavern and the formation of the DRF and DRC. Right now I'm picturing this as running roughly half-and-half on canonical Cyan story vs. the activities of the ordinary explorers.

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer...

Joseph "Fax Paladin" Abbott, editor
[email protected]

Sandra Bethany, author
[email protected]

[1] You may remember a character named Selina Bethany -- I'm changing her name to Sandra -- who appeared shortly after the season finale. Had season two actually happened she would have been interviewing people in the cavern for this book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:11 am 

Cool idea. It'd be great to have all the Prologue/UU/MOUL stories, official and unofficial, chronicled in a big ebook or book-like website.

My advice to you is to collect not only stories, but screenshots from those events. We want to see what happened, and hear what happened, and experience it in a multimedia context. Nice visual presentation, images, sound, video, drawings, music, all embedded in an artfully designed webpage.

Essentially, present the whole collective experience of the story and put it on the web, not just text. Make it extensive and compelling, find all the good parts. I bet you can do that. Use this community as a resource to draw from.

Imagine if there were a webpage that looked like a book, and if you clicked on the left or right edges of it you heard a paper rustling noise and the pages turned. Not that they'd actually turn, of course, it'd be loading a new page on the website, but it'd feel like you're reading it in a book. That's just one idea, there could be other designs of course.

I figure if you're going to the trouble to interview Cyan people, you might as well present the information in an aesthetically pleasing way.

But even if you don't and it's just text, I'll be very interested in reading it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:59 am 

/me pokes her head up over the parapet, still feeling bruised :?

"Is it safe to come out now?"

If I count as '& co.' I'd be happy to help, if I can :D

Jazz

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]