It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Update... PLEASE!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:20 pm 

All the thread on the forum say the same thing- that Uru is on life support. I can't read any more! Please post any NEW information so that I can either be happy or put the game to rest for good. :(

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

I VISITED AHNONAY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TREE SHIRT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:25 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

You DO understand the irony of another new new thread, right?

:P

If there's going to be a post from Cyan, I suspect it will be in the Announcements section anyway, plus maybe a new thread with a copy for discussion about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ah, you must have missed the thread detailing updates regarding open source Uru. It has been a little quiet lately, though...

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17829

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:14 pm 

After Astral Projecting into the offices of Cyan (being noticed and flipped off by one of the employees who shall remain nameless) quietly looking over the shoulders of several of the people their at what they are doing (and not knowing what I'm looking at) the only progress I can see is that which will hopefully (barring any unforeseen or unanticipated incidents) turn a profit sufficient to dedicate enough Cyan resources to put Uru live back on the map PROPERLY.

This has been a Dark Star News Update

Oh and don't forget to rinse out Mr Coffee before the you leave
that stuff smells nasty after a few days of segmentation

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:50 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Karkadann wrote:
Oh and don't forget to rinse out Mr Coffee before the you leave that stuff smells nasty after a few days of segmentation

Not to a Bahro.

What the heek is coffee segmentation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:10 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Karkadann wrote:
Oh and don't forget to rinse out Mr Coffee before the you leave that stuff smells nasty after a few days of segmentation

Not to a Bahro.

What the heek is coffee segmentation?

ur uh stagnation

That stuff smells nasty after a few days of stagnation.
Somebody keeps on forgetting to clean the coffee pot before they leave for the weekend. The coffee gets stagnant and the coffee grounds tent to go moldy

:- P

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Is it possible you meant sedimentation? And no, I'm not going to make a pun about a Sedimental Journey... oops, too late.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Somebody keeps on forgetting to clean the coffee pot before they leave for the weekend.

So someone is there during the week and no one is there on the weekend? And all this time I thought Cyan was really serious about working on the Open Source Project...Sorry...I found traces of coffee granules in my keyboard....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:09 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
TOOO wrote:
Is it possible you meant sedimentation?

Perhaps he meant fermentation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:32 am 

Throws snowball at TOOO I didn't think any one could come up with a joke worse then mine :oops:

Charura, Everybody needs a day off once in a while, Besides thats when the Barho come out. Turn Keyboard upside down and shake firmly but gently. if key board starts falling apart discard and get on that does not float. :P

Tai'lahr Fermentation takes a bit longer and different conditions plus I believe it takes a bit of yeast to start the process. a mild breeze and an open window if your lucky you might get something floating in and landing on the coffee grounds to start the fermentation process but I would be real reluctant to use it for any thing other then a science experiment

That reminds me I have some Coffee Liqueur around here somewhere :idea:

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am 

WHAT??!!

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:07 am 

Cyan is running behind schedule on MagiQuest Online. It was set for "Early Fall" release last I checked, but it's late fall now, almost winter - and they're still not finished making it.

Cyan is putting all their effort into getting that game released ASAP, and trying desperately not to fall so far behind their release goal that Creative Kingdoms gets upset.

They're in the middle of crunch time, stressed out, and likely within several weeks of actually having MQO ready for release.

I imagine once MQO: Chapter One is released - which could happen at any time now - the Cyan Worlds employees will have some time to step back, take a deep breath, assess their condition, and give us an update on Uru.

Who knows - if MagiQuest Online turns into a big hit they may have enough spare cash on hand to get Uru out to us quickly.

Maybe two, three months after MQO: Chapter One is released?

Maybe sometime around February?

But we'll see...

Maybe MQO won't do very well.

Cyan Worlds may just keep running headlong into a string of unsuccessful projects, be in continual financial desperation, and never actually get around to giving us Uru. That's also a possibility, unfortunately.

But yeah, I think the lack of communication right now is because they're very busy on MQO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:17 am 

With a release the crunch is not over. Then one has to fix the bugs that made it through testing. Figure at least a month for that. January or February before Cyan people get much of a break.

Of course they may go right into chapter two. How long is CK going to want to wait for the next edition?

Also we see the consumer demand for content is voracious. MQ is likely trying to get people into the game to assure return visits. I wonder how they will work the online in with the parks. They have stated it gives those at home a way to participate. But, is it designed to be stand alone? I would not think so. There is no real incentive for CK to want people in the game unless there is some motivation in the game for players to return to the parks.

I suspect there would be some parts of the game or skills useful in game that can only be obtained by playing at a park.

matthornb wrote:
Cyan Worlds may just keep running headlong into a string of unsuccessful projects, be in continual financial desperation, and never actually get around to giving us Uru. That's also a possibility, unfortunately.

Possibly… However CK is appearing to be successful with their MQ parks. The online part is not the key to that but a new supporting part they likely hope will increase business. I don’t know if they can afford to not keep going as long as the MQ parks are doing well.

…and the lack of communication is likely because they are busy with MQO.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

All being well, RAWA will look after the more general communication now. I don't know if he's involved with MQO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:42 pm 

I'm so amazed that another one of these strange threads is getting posts that I decided to help it a bit :evil:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next