It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Kero wrote:
Interesting - when I went to the website they had a screen with a number of their game choices - including URU. I clicked on that and the tab said it was coming in 2006 under GameTap TV! Now why would they be putting an on-line GAME into their TV section and not their Game Vault under Adventure? If that is where they plan for us to access it we are in trouble. Who is going to look for an on-line GAME under the TV section?

PS: I checked out some of the other game choices and they were all tabbed with the type of game - adventure, action, arcade, etc.

GameTap TV has a collection of trailers for upcoming and recently-released-on-GT games, and for obvious reasons, Uru Live is among them (as is Sam and Max). Only released games are put in the Game Vault... everything else gets advertised in GameTap TV. I would expect that once the game is released, it will be put in the Game Vault along with everything else, and probably get more than one special mention because of its flagship service status.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:04 pm 

I checked membership plans yesterday, and was wondering if I can change the "1 month free 9.95 thereafter" plan to annual ($84.95) but keeping the 1 free month (i'm so cheap :} ) So I asked customer service by e-mail. Their answer was "Call our CS number..." Well, today I went back and SURPRISE! The annual plan is 50% less than yesterday!!!! It's an anniversary special effective from 10/20/2006 (according to the confirmation page after you finalized the order). That means $4.95 / month for 1 year. :] YAY

gabor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:33 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Wow, thanks for that!

I had already switched my GameTap account two days ago from $9.95/month to the annual plan at $6.95/month. I just now called back to get the better discount. Because my annual plan has not gone into effect yet, the Customer Service rep easily changed it to the even better price.

I'll still offer the difference between the discount plan and the regular $9.95 price directly to Cyan Worlds for Uru Live development if Cyan Worlds and GameTap would like to discuss the possibility.

Now is the time to sign up for a year, if you are going to sign up at all, to save $60 over the year. That's a 50% discount or six months at the regular price. You can't beat that with a cone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:48 pm 
Cyan Employee

Great find, gaborm! You beat me to it. :)

We were just told about this offer yesterday and were in the process of getting all of the details nailed down before making the announcement.

All the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed now, so I've posted the announcement in a separate thread here.

:)

RAWA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:03 am 

Just had to say, Hiya RAWA. Wish I had ran into you in the cavern back in the day, but running into you here now is almost as nice. *fauns*

Anyhow, something I wanted to say... Why is everyone so concerned about saving a dollar? I mean, i know everything adds up, but URU is of such importance to me, that I'd rather pay the full price so that I know that I am lending my support to the success of the project, rather than trying to pinch my pennies.

Anyhow, that's just how I feel.

s'riously,
the_bUg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:20 am 
Obduction Backer

To some people $10 is alot. I know it was for me when I was a student.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:42 pm 

Woohoo!! They're expanding into Canada!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

On the discount for a yearly rate - count me in! I'm happy about it and I see that Cyan is too. I'm already paying monthly, but I'm going to switch to the discounted yearly rate, tonight when I go home.

On the price break, marketing is not my area of speciality, but I think that one issue with any online subscription is getting people to stick to it, month after month, period after period. So, a discounted yearly rate would be a great way to get people to commit, with an added benefit of getting the money up front. I can see why Gametap would sometimes offer good package deal. That looks like good marketing to me, and the cool thing is that it benefits Cyan!

I'm also happy for anything that makes it possible for more of our members to get in on the fun and play Uru Live.