It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:31 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:32 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:57 am 

Beleive it or not.

Right at the top of the Guilds forum on this site, there is a sticky thread called...

Btw, sticky threads do not mean off limit. It means the moderators have decided that such threads will always stay on top of a forum(s). (or on top of other threads)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:53 pm 

Ghame, it seems to me that you're exagerating.

I've been (and I am) involved in some Guilds but I've never seen anything of what you're saying in them. I just see people, from this community, thinking the same things you (we) all think here. We don't want the old Imperialistic D'ni Empire back. I've just seen people struggling for figuring out how to create/maintain/guide a guild. The guild with most strict rules is the GoG from what I see, with the acceptance policy. But I must say I see the reason behind that: if you want to organize a good system for suppporting explorers in the cavern you can't rely on people you know nothing of (Do they have enough experience to guide new players? Are they really willing to Greet people or are just here to say they're in a Guild and do nothing?).

Yes, sometimes they have rules and leaders, but how can you make a group behave as a single entity without them? You need something that prevents the members to go in a million of different directions neutralizing the effort. Then, nobody has never said you can't discuss the rules and take your suggestions and points of view, at least not in the Guilds I've been in. Both GoMa (well...when it was active) and GoMe are always open for new suggestions on rules, structure ecc. Right now the GoMe is trying to understand how to better serve the community in this new situation of MOULa. However, at the GoMe we always say that the first rule is to have fun, as long as you are here to have fun and relax from your RL it is ok; when it starts getting more similar to a work/job with no fun then it's better that you stop a moment and ask yourself why you're here; this is a game guys, keep it simple and fun. :)

I've got the feeling that many people don't trust the Guilds just because of what they heard the Guilds did in the old D'ni. Well...at least we know that Yeesha's lessons have been learned very well and people won't allow the guilds to become like those in the Myst Lore (sometimes we forget it is just a story, eh? :lol: ). All of this didn't happen when the various groups didn't have "Guild" in their name, they are just tring to follow what Cyan had in mind. The Guilds are here to serve the community, that must remain their first objective and rule.

And believe it or not even the people that form the Guilds come from this community, they didn't come out of nowhere, they know well we don't want someone to have power over the other players. They are the same people who enjoyed staying together in the Is It Uru Yet? Thread and have a Delin run with friends. I don't see big bad people trying to gain power over the Cavern and explorers, really. I've particularly seen the GoMa leaders being seen like that, especially when it came to the FCAL licences; they were not trying to enforce anything, they just tryed to figure out how to handle them in the best way since it Cyan itself that asked them (with the GoW and GoA) to do that. If you didn't like what came out from their discussions, the forums were always open for you to bring your ideas.
I don't know what the GoMe seems from the outside, but I can say that they (we) are only a little bunch of people (very little right now) that's trying to figure out what's the best way to spread information in the Cavern. We are really a group of crazy and funny guys...not at all the serious business men that the word "Guild" makes appear many people mind :lol:

So, in the end, my suggestion is to come looking inside the Guilds. What's behind the facade you see? Go looking at how the guilds work at their home places and understand what they are doing before you scream "arrogant" and "looking for power" to anyone, often you get the impressions of something from the words you hear and even more often people dont' express themselves in the better way to let to understand what they are meaning. They are just explorers like anhone here; calm down, have fun and help others if you can, that's all.

Did you realize that all of this discussion came out from a couple of imagers? :lol: Guys we must really love this game.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:43 pm 

Please can we calm down people? Adam I think you could have stated that in a better way, althought I can agree that many people attack the guilds without knowing exactly what they are talking about. However, I've already said that in my own post :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:20 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:25 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:17 pm 

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:26 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4