It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:23 am 

Hi,
As an avid Myst follower, I have found myself exposing/forcing my friends to join me in the wonders of the world that Cyan built. However, some of them have harder times joining me than others. A close friend of mine who has a newly inspired(or forced >_>) interest in Myst and Uru. However, he is a Linux user. I heard rumblings originally way back during the prologue that there was a chance of a Linux client.
However, now that Gametap will be backing Uru, does anyone know the chances of that happening? Would it be possible for someone to make an addon for Uru that'd allow it to run in linux?(or possibly have Cyan help Transgaming along with Cedega so that it supports Uru?)

Any/all information/ideas is greatly appreciated,
-Eujin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am one of those who would love a Linux client!
I use Windows to play games, but... well... it is not the safest OS to be used online.

If I remember well, Cyan used some open-source libraries in Myst V (e.g. ODE for the physics), so maybe they will use it in Uru Live too. Many open-source libraries (like ODE) already exist on Linux. Unfortunatly, physics is just a small part of the whole engine...