It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:18 pm 

I've just spent a few completely futile hours trying to solve Minkata, and I feel like I have a bug or something. The fisrt kiva goes fine, but from the second kiva onwards, the bahro glyph DOES NOT appear. I've tried multiple constellations for each kiva, which took massive amounts of time, frustration and cursing, and none of them gives me a bahro glyph like the first. I deteleted the book and started over 3 times, but nothing works. Is there some insane rule that once you make one tiny mistake the entire age is screwed?

It even drove me to check the guild of greeters website, but even when I try their kiva/constellation combos I get nothing. No glyphs.

Why did they make an age this *beep* *beep* *beep*. Just to drive us insane? It's close to impossible.

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Hi Narameh. I don't believe your Minkata is screwed up. You're right in that it's a very difficult age to solve. I believe Cyan was hoping it would keep us occupied for a long time. :wink:

The bahro glyph can be easy to miss if you're even slightly off course. It's important to go in a straight line towards the constellation, go slowly and look in a wide area for the glyph to appear. Also, be aware that the one for the first kiva is probably much closer to the kiva than any of the others.

Some people have made marker missions for this. Hopefully, someone will post to offer you one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:38 pm 

Well I'll have to keep trying then. I've been walking for minutes, and there's just nothing there.

It's so uncyan like. Making the thinking part hard is fine, but why make an age where the walking is hardest, not the thinking? It's so senseless.

Edit: ARGH, appearantly it WAS bugged. After rebooting the client and doing *exactly* the same (I mapped the humps, so I'm very, very sure) the glyph was there. Crap. So I did just waste an afternoon on a bug...

Edit II: And then it went quite fast. Finished it now. So it was indeed uncyan like. I'm rebooting much earlier next time. Lesson learned.

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Nietzsche

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:18 am 

Having completed Yeesha's journey, I am now tackling Minkata. It is extremely frustrating, even with the coordinates!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:17 pm 

Frustrating, yes, but the musical moment at the end is one of the best in all video gaming. The only one I like better is the music that plays when you spring Catherine from her Riven prison.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]