It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

after installing for the seventh time. i am able to run the game more than once in a row!
woo hoo!
thanks everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:46 pm 

Registered UruLive account. Downloaded client. All went well. Started game, went into my neat hut, tried accessing the first book to get to the city hub.

Load time becomes seemingly nigh-infinite. Checked Task Manager and Uru had gone into Not Responding mode. Think it's a problem with my computer or a problem with the servers? It seems to tax my CPU to the max, even with the graphics turned down to minimum...

Oh yes, this is on open-source UruLive, so if I posted this in the wrong forum please let me know.

Pleased to meetcha all, by the way, as this is my first post (my first posts in forums always seem to be requests for tech support, how embarrassing for me!). Here's hoping this is the start of something beautiful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:40 am 

Sorry I just read like the first page of this thread and didn't have time to read the whole thing but
I do know MOUL here NEEDS DirectX 9c to run right. and I believe URUCC Needs
DirectX 7 or higher to run right. Could this be the cause of the problem?

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:57 pm 

Hi;

I have not been able to get past the checking for patcher update... for several weeks - I have terminated the executable from the Task manger and restarted several times. I have also re-downloaded and re-installed several times with no success. I have tried on a windows 7, Vista and windows xp all with the same results. The version that I have 1.887.

Are the servers down?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

MRnelso wrote:
Hi;

I have not been able to get past the checking for patcher update... for several weeks - I have terminated the executable from the Task manger and restarted several times. I have also re-downloaded and re-installed several times with no success. I have tried on a windows 7, Vista and windows xp all with the same results. The version that I have 1.887.

Are the servers down?

Thanks

No...this is a you problem. Given that you've tried multiple machines with identical results, it's more than likely a connection issue. Probably an over-zealous firewall. If you're running one, try turning it off then running the patcher just to see what happens. If it works, you've found the problem. If it still doesn't work there's an issue between you and the servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Perhaps try running as an admin and see what happens. If you still don't have luck, try the firewall idea (perhaps there's a network one in the way since the issue is happening on multiple OSes).

If you still don't have luck, uninstall MOUL, redownload the installer and reinstall and try again. On your first run on Vista or 7 be sure to run as an admin on your first run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:26 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

A recently discovered issue in the most recent update to NVIDIA's PhysX System software may result in some users finding that MOULa no longer works - The symptom will be getting a message similar to: "PhysX is not installed, or an older version is installed. Install new version? (Game will exit if you click "No")" even though the newest version (9.12.1031) has just been installed.

You may not be aware that PhysX has been updated - The NVIDIA Updater service may be installed if you have a NVIDIA graphics card, or an NForce motherboard and may automatically update PhysX.

MOULa users (and users of most MOUL-based shards) that get an update to PhysX through the NVIDIA Updater service or perform an install of PhysX at version 9.12.1031 or later, either from the NVIDIA website or a supplied driver CD, should also run the optional legacy installer. This is not necessary if PhysX version 9.12.0613 or earlier is installed and you do not need to update PhysX unless it is required by some other application.

Download locations:
PhysX 9.12.1031: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.12 ... river.html
Legacy Installer: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.12 ... river.html

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject: NO MOUL every Saturday
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:44 pm 

I find it hard to believe that I have a problem when everyone ( dozens of people) I know cannot log into MOUL... EVERY Saturday. Come Sunday all is fine (except Feb 17th) and all week long.. PCs running Win 7, XP and Mac running XP..all work fine until Saturdays. There must be a good reason.

MOUL KI#502986 MOULa KI #332851 SL=granelda Oh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is already under discussion here: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26291

A new thread is opened each week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:03 am 

add to the bug many of my friends and I are experiencing in Allonay of the chair that takes you into the chamber and to the control in the 4th world. at the end of the ride it throws us out or in the middle of gong up it drops us out of the chair as if the chair or us are invisible then we are tped back to our relato. we cant finish Allonay and get inside the control room where that last cloth is and get the book to tp to the pellet caves. we all tried to delete our character even try a different desktop to even deleting our desktops but stil the same the chair has some alpha characteristic so the avatar cant stay in the chair

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
If it happened just now, it might be related to this: MOULA DOWN AGAIN ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:14 pm 

You serious? My laptop just shut off and I thought it was my stupid laptop computer. Ah well, that answers my question. Thank you Tai'lahr.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:25 am 
Obduction Backer

All this over a Sphider?...lol

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Drakmyth wrote:
MOULagain will not start and displays the following message even though PhysX was previously installed and working: "PhysX is not installed, or an older version is installed. Install new version? (Game will exit if you click "No")".
NVIDIA PhysX versions later than 9.12.1031 do not include the older drivers needed for MOULa.

To resolve this, users should run the PhysX Legacy Installer after installing PhysX 9.12.1031. The Legacy Installer is provided on the NVIDIA website: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.12 ... river.html
For versions of PhysX later that 9.12.1031 NVIDIA may provide a different version of the Legacy Installer - Please check the NVIDIA website: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_system_software.html[/list][/spoiler]

Hello, I'm playing MO:ULagain with CrossOver on Mac OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion and the PhysX 9.12.1031 update worked fine! :D

[url=http://myst-aventure.com][img]http://myst-aventure.com/-grover/image/sig-moul.gif[/img][/url] [url=http://ufo-3d.fr][img]http://ufo-3d.fr/ufo-3d-350x75.png[/img][/url] [url=https://polystudio.shop]PolyStudio[/url] MAhmtee Bevin KI #123057

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:33 am 

Can the "Crashing Problems" part of the support list be updated? This should be included in the "I'm stuck at a black screen that won't change." section.

Mac_Fife wrote:

In some rare cases, widescreen displays don't work with the defaults and you need to get a working graphics.ini file to suit your screen resolution from somewhere else, such as the one D'Lanor posted here: viewtopic.php?p=360705#p360705.

D'Lanor wrote:
I don't think this monitor should have any problems displaying the default 800x600 resolution the game starts up with the first time.

But just in case here is a link to a graphics.ini file which makes MOULa default to 1680x1050. The native resolution of your monitor (1920x1080) is not officially supported unfortunately.

In Windows XP you have to place this file in:
C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\My Documents\Uru Live

I have a widescreen display, and I couldn't get it to work until I stumbled across this solution. I tried setting my screen to 800x600 for my regular Windows desktop, but it just went black, then reverted, so I knew that my display wasn't handling 800x600 well. Looking for the solution, I found the above posts. Using this graphics.ini file, I was able to start URU and set my desired resolution.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next