It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:23 am 

angelmyst wrote:
I have not been able to get it to update...sits at update screen forever....any suggestions?

try running as Admin? Or check for a ghost URULauncher

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:57 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm okay on both accounts updating just fine Minkata .74 dated 4/09/2013

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:43 am 
Obduction Backer

just to say that it all seems to be playing well from my testing so far!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:15 pm 

I was able to get in later...must have been my internet provider...it is horribly slow at night. Ty.

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:58 pm 

I spent a little bit over an hour in Minkata last night. The first thing I want to say is that the sooner this new build can be incorporated into MO:ULa, the better. For me, Minkata is working without a hitch, so far. I'm impressed.

I was especially interested in trying it because I've been having a lot of problems in MO:ULa recently, always with what I would call "dynamics". I often introduce friends and guests to Uru, but when they go to play, things just understandably discourage these newcomers from getting interested. I was not paying enough attention to it at first to pinpoint exactly when these glitches started. Here is what I remember at the moment:

-1. My avatar often got "caught" walking or running in one spot, as though trapped inside a collision wall all around. This happened most often at Nexus kiosks. The only way out was to exit the game.

-2. I cannot right now, no matter how I try in every possible angle, jump accross the crack in the Gahreeen floor. It has been impossible for me to advance a new avatar past that point, so Gahreesen has gone unsolved for me and my guests' avatars. It's a good thing the KI dispenser is before that point.

-3. In the Tahledan prison room with the floor plates, the kickables won't kick consistently. I can kick something once or twice, then my avatar just starts walking onto and over it. Nothing more useless than kickables that don't kick. And at that point in the game, it's not only very annoying, but completely discourageing.

-4. Once through the prison room, I cannot, no matter how many times I try, force down the "stuck" wooden gate by jumping on it. So that's the end point of that age.

-5. I had an experience at the steam vent in Eder where my avatar was not lifted by the steam to jump the rocks.

So, last night I purposely checked all these items in Minkata, and everything worked perfectly. (Except, I still didn't jump the Gahreesen crack.) I don't understand how MO:ULa gets "broken" like this. I certainly know that all these things worked just fine when I first played last year, and for a long time after that.

In closing here, I want to say that, based on my experience, I think the guys at openuru.org are doing a great job. I will continue to test more over the weekend.
(I'm currently using 64-bit Windows 8 Pro)

Image r'Ricard KI#1479684
" MUSTARD??!!! Don't let's be silly!! "
Learn URU Modding at www.IndyURU.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:19 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Ricard, apart from the jump over the Gahreesen crack and getting trapped at the Nexus terminals, I think your experiences are shared by most people at some point. The other one that often occured was not being able to lower the Teledahn walkway near the sea gate onto the 'shroom.

Some of those physics related effects are currently influenced by the speed (or lag) of your PC (I think it's really linked to frame rate): Typically older, slower PCs would experience less of the issues, and faster PCs would see them more frequently or more markedly. So upgrading your PC (or changing OS) might "reveal" some issues that you hadn't been aware of before. The fixes you see on Minkata take care of (most) of that.

And just to make sure credit goes to the right people, most of the fixes on Minkata are coming from people outside of OpenUru.org, such as the H'uru/GoW devs - Minkata is merely facilitating a semi-formal test environment for those fan-created fixes that resembles MOULa as closely as we can manage.

Edit: Expect another update to Minkata later today. There may not be anything very new, but it's work towards getting another update into MOULa, hopefully this month: http://forums.openuru.org/viewtopic.php ... 7804#p7804

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Last edited by Mac_Fife on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:45 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

I have an update about the weekend testing.

Skoader's physics are well tested, but we have the weekend to test further on them and the fix to pellet point stealing. Besides the other benefits Ricard and Mac mentioned, my favorite is finally being able to kick the leaves again in Kadish!

Chogon will probably pick up the physics changes on Monday to merge into the next MOULa update. In a week or two, we will have two more small fixes, to also be tested now, ready for pickup if testing goes well. As Mac mentioned, the update is planned to occur soon after that.

This will be a big update. We need all willing and able bodies in Minkata over this weekend and for the next week or two to make sure the MOULa update has the best possible chance of going smoothly. If it does not, the consequence of backing out an update as big as this one would have a greater affect on future updates. So please join the effort. Let us know if you find any problems. And have fun!

Huge thanks to Chogon, Skoader, Christian Walther, and rarified for making this happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:39 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Minkata.77 is built and the update will be available on the shard shortly :D - Keep an eye out for rarified's update to the thread on the OU forums: http://forums.openuru.org/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=866

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:36 pm 

Here's my Friday evening report:
Almost everything works very well. I did discover one problem that I never had in the past.

My avatar will not run and jump. Anywhere. It will only walk and jump.
In most situations, this is OK, but not always.
In Gahreesen, I cannot jump from the second pillar to the entry of the Bahro cave. So, I cannot get into the Gahreesen Bahro cave.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior? I hope I'm not the only one getting this.
If you can run-jump to the Gahreesen Bahro door, or even walk-jump to get to it, please let me know.
If you can do it, I'd like to meet up with you, so that I can see for myself that it really does work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Ricard (and all other testers), you'll likely get a much faster response to your question by posting it on the OpenUru.org forums in the Minkata Test Shard section. As a matter of fact, JWPlatt has mentioned it here. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

(but a quick answer on this forum: no, I've not had this problem either, Ricard.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:02 pm 

Hello.
OK, I see the OpenUru comment page.
However, I cannot log in there.

I get the message that I entered the wrong password, but I didn't.
I asked the site to email me my password (in case I've gone bananas), but it does not do it.

After too many login attempts,. I get the error message to that effect saying to also solve the
captcha "below", but there is no captcha.

I give up for now. It seems there is no point to my testing further if I am doomed to an assortment of strange problems that others do not have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:05 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

The email failed. I've PMed you the email address attempted for you to check to make sure it is current.
Edit: The email bounce error actually looks like something is blacklisted by sorbs.net along the way.

For the "Captcha," enter the invite code. The invite code is:

Shorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:30 am 
Obduction Backer

How is the testing coming along? If you don't have enough testers, I could make an account and start testing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
All testers are appreciated, Rik. Just follow the link in my signature and we'll see you there. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next