It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, it works fine with symbolic links. I had two problems, though. The program missed the files OpenAl32.dll and d3dx9_43.dll. Probably because none of my Uru installations have been installed normally, year by year they were copied from hard disk to hard disk, so the program could not localized them via the registry. On copying the two files to the new uru_marker folder solved the problem.

By the way, the sdl folder stuff is gorgeous! I could re-enable for example the Yeesha journeys in the city - I have not seen them since the very first beta back in 2003 + few old shards. Of course, they are visible only to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

dj_ wrote:
A question;

In your 'A Marker Game', what appear as co-ordinates have decimals to 15 places. My KI never shows that sort of detail.

Can we tweak those numbers to slightly move the actual markers?

Yes you can! The Marker Editor offers unparalleled precision with your markers. Be as precise or not as you wish. My advice is to start your marker game with the standard Uru tools, then tweak it with the Marker Editor for fine-tuning.

Norfren wrote:
By the way, the sdl folder stuff is gorgeous! I could re-enable for example the Yeesha journeys in the city - I have not seen them since the very first beta back in 2003 + few old shards. Of course, they are visible only to me.

You might want to link to Lyrobot... he's in a special city where all these changes are active all the time (journey cloths, pellet machine...). :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:55 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the beautiful Work, AND Documentation :)

Regards,

Hi All !!.....Myst'ya !.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:46 am 
Obduction Backer

I must temporarily make the Marker Editor unavailable because of this issue, as I cannot distribute a GPL-licensed program without providing accurate sources for them (I have deleted my Marker-Editor repo; I'm switching it over to another location).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:21 am 

That prompts two questions :
1) Can we still continue to use your marker editor client or are we to cease use of it with immediate effect?
2) Will you be releasing an updated, reworked marker editor client?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

1) Yes, you can continue using it.
2) I will release a new one as soon as a viable workaround has been found and some work has been done on the OU.org repos.

Post subject: Figures!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:23 pm 

Lyrositor, I finally found the Marker Editor just in time to not be able to use it. Sheesh! :cry:

It never occurred to me to look in Spoiler Free Discussion. I was looking for it in Technical.

I have a 260 plus Quest to finish needing the text put into it and I was really hoping to use the editor.
Obviously those here who have it already and tried it, LOVE it!

So. . . :roll: I will await the fix and pray it to be soon.

Last edited by Jahmen on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:28 pm 

Huh? He just said you can keep using it, although it seems the download is missing :?

Post subject: Mis-understanding
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 pm 

Jamie,
What I meant was, I just found the link here in on this thread for where to go to download the Marker Editor from.
I had been searching the forum for it. And yes, there is nothing there to download when you use the link.
Assuming that it was taken down because of this:

Quote:
I must temporarily make the Marker Editor unavailable because of this issue, as I cannot distribute a GPL-licensed program without providing accurate sources for them (I have deleted my Marker-Editor repo; I'm switching it over to another location).

I didn't mean to imply I had it or others with it can't still use theirs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:03 pm 

Uh got it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:10 am 

I was wondering, Lyrositor, if and when your Marker Editor will be made available again?

It sounds very promising to those explorers, like myself, who enjoy making Quest Games that have text clues and story's to tell. Obviously, even using a programmed fast scroll key for editing markers games in edit mode, it can be rather labor and time intensive to do.

So any time table for when the Editor might become available again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

It should be relatively soon now; most of the work to remove Bink is done, now there needs to be some work to replace it. While that happens, I hope to find some time to set up the new, cleaned repository for the Marker Editor.

Post subject: Re: The Marker Editor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Marker Editor has been updated!

It now uses the latest H'uru moul-scripts code and stores data in a new format (YAML instead of the old JSON format). Previous saved games should be compatible with the new scripts.

I have stopped providing a client, though; this means you need to already have a working internal client for use with the Marker Editor scripts. Read the original post for the details.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:22 am 

Lyrositor said

Quote:
The Marker Editor has been updated!

Quote:
If you want to run it, download an H'uru client and install it (you can find a pre-built one here; be sure to follow all the installation and running options) and follow these instructions:
1. Extract the Marker Editor files to a location on your computer.
2. Delete or rename the "Python" file in your H'uru client installation.
3. Copy the Marker Editor's "Python" folder to your H'uru client installation. You should have four folders in this folder now: "dat", "Python", "SDL" and "sfx".
4. Run the H'uru client with the "/SkipPreload" argument. You can now use the Marker Editor's commands in-game!

First, YAY! Super stoked about getting Marker Editor back up! You da Man!

OK, I read the instructions above, however, I'm not completely clear on or sure about where or what my H'uru client is.
Guessing my H'uru client file is my current UruLive.Live.1.918 - External.Release my current dat, Games & sfx files are in?

I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out with some trial & error.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Jahmen wrote:
OK, I read the instructions above, however, I'm not completely clear on or sure about where or what my H'uru client is.
Guessing my H'uru client file is my current UruLive.Live.1.918 - External.Release my current dat, Games & sfx files are in?

No, the H'uru client was the client linked in the post: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26515

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next