It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:24 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:41 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 6:06 am
Posts: 1162
Location: Anywhere
Ah I see the forums are back up. Not too shabby.

Another thing we could use aside from a youtube bbcode would also be a strike through feature. 8)

_________________
I used to be an adventurer like you, then I found other games to play.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:34 pm
Posts: 722
Location: United States
I have only one complaint about the changes... and that's i now have to update all my bookmarks 'cuz the URL changed from .../forum to .../forums.

_________________
Forever Forsaken
The Haven Chronicles -

KI #12987306


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:12 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 6:06 am
Posts: 1162
Location: Anywhere
gmz1023 wrote:
I have only one complaint about the changes... and that's i now have to update all my bookmarks 'cuz the URL changed from .../forum to .../forums.


It's always been forums. :P

_________________
I used to be an adventurer like you, then I found other games to play.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:34 pm
Posts: 722
Location: United States
I used to get to the forums through /forum. My bookmarks have always worked until today, 'cuz its only linking through /forums

_________________
Forever Forsaken
The Haven Chronicles -

KI #12987306


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:41 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:01 pm
Posts: 1890
http://mystonline.com/forum/ used to redirect to http://mystonline.com/forums/, and it still does.

I guess the difference is that extended URLs like http://mystonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26609 used to redirect to the equivalent /forums/ URL? That no longer works, if it did before.

_________________
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:43 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:14 pm
Posts: 1757
Make a new bookmark...jeez

_________________
Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

_____________________________
How Many Times Does A Myst Player Play Myst Before A Myst Player Decides To Play Myst Again


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:52 am 
Offline
Creative Kingdoms

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 6226
Location: Everywhere, all at once
Tomala wrote:
Another thing we could use aside from a youtube bbcode would also be a strike through feature. 8)

We have a simple strike-through and border tag that could be used here, if they work with the style. Here's an old post with both tags used at the end of it:
http://forums.openuru.org/viewtopic.php ... 442&p=3361

_________________
OpenUru.org: An Uru Project Resource Site : Twitter : Make a commitment.
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:45 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 6:06 am
Posts: 1162
Location: Anywhere
This works with all styles.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2053305

_________________
I used to be an adventurer like you, then I found other games to play.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:41 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 4:41 pm
Posts: 1687
Location: South Georgia
Some problems I noticed:

If I view my post list, the page numbers have colors that render them practically invisible on Firefox 21. Also, my last posts say that they are from one second before the unix epoch (12/31/1969). If I click on these posts, they are actually from 2007.

General gripe: the layout in general is too squashed and the contrast is too high. I find that in order to read the forum, I have to turn the brightness (unfortunately, laptops have no contrast control) down to the lowest level in order to read the forum.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:21 pm 
Offline
Former MystOnline Moderator

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:05 pm
Posts: 4193
Location: 56°2'26", -3°20'28"
AdamJohnso wrote:
If I view my post list, the page numbers have colors that render them practically invisible on Firefox 21. Also, my last posts say that they are from one second before the unix epoch (12/31/1969). If I click on these posts, they are actually from 2007.

Yes, the "pagination" colours there could certainly do with adjustment. I hadn't noticed the date error but now that you mention it I can see a few (7 out of nearly 1400 in my case) with dates of Thu Jan 01, 1970 posted by "Guest". That tends to look like a search index problem and might be a carry over from the broken search indexes in the old database, although I believe Hannah rebuilt the indexes before the forums went live. The links point to the right places though, so it doesn't seem like a huge problem? - I suspect it's not easily fixed.

I can't comment on your contrast issue - the background texture images are the self-same ones as used previously and the text colours are by and large similar.

_________________
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:43 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:14 pm
Posts: 4248
Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I hate that following links outside of the forum, leaves the forum instead of opening a new tab. But, even worse is that links to specific posts here go to the top of the thread, now. :cry:

_________________
Explorers Memorial * In Memoriam


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:48 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 4:41 pm
Posts: 1687
Location: South Georgia
I just received an email notification for a PM. Clicking on that notification tells me "invalid folder." The header says "1 new message," but I see no message when clicking on my inbox.

Also, the quote header banner is jarring. I think the contrast issues are an artifact of this jarring blue and the extra yellow sections at the top and bottom of the theme.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:41 pm
Posts: 792
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away
Tai'lahr wrote:
I hate that following links outside of the forum, leaves the forum instead of opening a new tab. But, even worse is that links to specific posts here go to the top of the thread, now. :cry:

Get into the habit of right-clicking on links and selecting "open in a new tab"

_________________
Equal among others in the Guild Of Sleepers


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:26 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 4:41 pm
Posts: 1687
Location: South Georgia
AdamJohnso wrote:
I just received an email notification for a PM. Clicking on that notification tells me "invalid folder." The header says "1 new message," but I see no message when clicking on my inbox


Okay, this was actually my problem. The PM inbox was full, and apparently phpBB3 holds back new messages when that happens. I will say that the error message is pretty confusing and that I had to look very hard for the "deliver" button to get the new PM.

This brings back memories of when I migrated the GoW forum by copying and pasting SQL from phpMyAdmin... 8)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:36 am
Posts: 1303
Location: Back to the surface!
AdamJohnso wrote:
AdamJohnso wrote:
I just received an email notification for a PM. Clicking on that notification tells me "invalid folder." The header says "1 new message," but I see no message when clicking on my inbox


Okay, this was actually my problem. The PM inbox was full, and apparently phpBB3 holds back new messages when that happens. I will say that the error message is pretty confusing and that I had to look very hard for the "deliver" button to get the new PM.


I had the same issue with Mac_Fife's PM of yesterday.

I opened my box and saw Christian Walther's PM from 3 weeks ago, I thought the system turned crazy until I realized my inbox was full.

I think it's a nice feature so you know when to do some clean up :D

_________________
Annabelle 47907 - New avatar


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SEMrush [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: