It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:41 am 
Obduction Backer

Ah I see the forums are back up. Not too shabby.

Another thing we could use aside from a youtube bbcode would also be a strike through feature. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:55 am 

I have only one complaint about the changes... and that's i now have to update all my bookmarks 'cuz the URL changed from .../forum to .../forums.

KI #12987306

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:12 am 
Obduction Backer

gmz1023 wrote:
I have only one complaint about the changes... and that's i now have to update all my bookmarks 'cuz the URL changed from .../forum to .../forums.

It's always been forums. :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:36 am 

I used to get to the forums through /forum. My bookmarks have always worked until today, 'cuz its only linking through /forums

KI #12987306

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:41 am 
Obduction Backer

http://mystonline.com/forum/ used to redirect to http://mystonline.com/forums/, and it still does.

I guess the difference is that extended URLs like http://mystonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26609 used to redirect to the equivalent /forums/ URL? That no longer works, if it did before.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:43 am 
Obduction Backer

Make a new bookmark...jeez

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:52 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Tomala wrote:
Another thing we could use aside from a youtube bbcode would also be a strike through feature. 8)

We have a simple strike-through and border tag that could be used here, if they work with the style. Here's an old post with both tags used at the end of it:
http://forums.openuru.org/viewtopic.php ... 442&p=3361

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:45 am 
Obduction Backer

This works with all styles.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2053305

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Some problems I noticed:

If I view my post list, the page numbers have colors that render them practically invisible on Firefox 21. Also, my last posts say that they are from one second before the unix epoch (12/31/1969). If I click on these posts, they are actually from 2007.

General gripe: the layout in general is too squashed and the contrast is too high. I find that in order to read the forum, I have to turn the brightness (unfortunately, laptops have no contrast control) down to the lowest level in order to read the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:21 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

AdamJohnso wrote:
If I view my post list, the page numbers have colors that render them practically invisible on Firefox 21. Also, my last posts say that they are from one second before the unix epoch (12/31/1969). If I click on these posts, they are actually from 2007.

Yes, the "pagination" colours there could certainly do with adjustment. I hadn't noticed the date error but now that you mention it I can see a few (7 out of nearly 1400 in my case) with dates of Thu Jan 01, 1970 posted by "Guest". That tends to look like a search index problem and might be a carry over from the broken search indexes in the old database, although I believe Hannah rebuilt the indexes before the forums went live. The links point to the right places though, so it doesn't seem like a huge problem? - I suspect it's not easily fixed.

I can't comment on your contrast issue - the background texture images are the self-same ones as used previously and the text colours are by and large similar.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I hate that following links outside of the forum, leaves the forum instead of opening a new tab. But, even worse is that links to specific posts here go to the top of the thread, now. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

I just received an email notification for a PM. Clicking on that notification tells me "invalid folder." The header says "1 new message," but I see no message when clicking on my inbox.

Also, the quote header banner is jarring. I think the contrast issues are an artifact of this jarring blue and the extra yellow sections at the top and bottom of the theme.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:08 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
I hate that following links outside of the forum, leaves the forum instead of opening a new tab. But, even worse is that links to specific posts here go to the top of the thread, now. :cry:

Get into the habit of right-clicking on links and selecting "open in a new tab"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
I just received an email notification for a PM. Clicking on that notification tells me "invalid folder." The header says "1 new message," but I see no message when clicking on my inbox

Okay, this was actually my problem. The PM inbox was full, and apparently phpBB3 holds back new messages when that happens. I will say that the error message is pretty confusing and that I had to look very hard for the "deliver" button to get the new PM.

This brings back memories of when I migrated the GoW forum by copying and pasting SQL from phpMyAdmin... 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:17 am 

AdamJohnso wrote:
AdamJohnso wrote:
I just received an email notification for a PM. Clicking on that notification tells me "invalid folder." The header says "1 new message," but I see no message when clicking on my inbox

Okay, this was actually my problem. The PM inbox was full, and apparently phpBB3 holds back new messages when that happens. I will say that the error message is pretty confusing and that I had to look very hard for the "deliver" button to get the new PM.

I had the same issue with Mac_Fife's PM of yesterday.

I opened my box and saw Christian Walther's PM from 3 weeks ago, I thought the system turned crazy until I realized my inbox was full.

I think it's a nice feature so you know when to do some clean up :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next