It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:32 am 

I generally agree about cheating. I mean, brute forcing your way to K'veer still doesn't give you the Path of the Shell fire ring in your Relto, so there's no real sense of accomplishment. I was just intrigued by the possibility of finding the correct code. Otherwise, I'm all for finding your own way through the game.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:40 pm 

O I think I understood very well. On my own musings I found out that it is not a puzzle design flaw we are seeing here. Thats it :). It is just a very well balanced puzzle for the need. Once the need is done and the riddle is solved we can have fun like this, ( if the game is frozen in time and nothing is developed for years and there is little else to do and we still find that this is more enjoyable than to not play it at all etc... but I digress.)
Sorry if you feel I tried to derail the thread. I won't mention it again.

Annabelle wrote:

Maybe you didn't understand the essence of this whole thread...

And I think it is fun to "brute force" once way like this. No one ever did it as a new player becuse no new player knew that there was another message in the imageer (unless they read a walkthough but thaat would be a real cheater much worse than the "brute forcer" and . He/she (the brute) is still somehow playing the game. g

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:07 pm 

Rudolfson wrote:

I didn't feel no derail in your text.

It's really just me trying to demonstrate how someone with a lot of experience in the game itself can become attracted by brute forcing puzzles after a while, as a distraction.

It's like the new thread of Jamie, I don't participate in it since I have no clue how to play the game "nicely" anymore... I'm too used to play my way with a lot of skydivings, I would require a walkthrough to remember how to solve it the intended way.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:09 pm 

Annabelle wrote:
Rudolfson wrote:

I didn't feel no derail in your text.

It's really just me trying to demonstrate how someone with a lot of experience in the game itself can become attracted by brute forcing puzzles after a while, as a distraction.

It's like the new thread of Jamie, I don't participate in it since I have no clue how to play the game "nicely" anymore... I'm too used to play my way with a lot of skydivings, I would require a walkthrough to remember how to solve it the intended way.

You must be right lol. I dont understand a word you are writing :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:33 pm 

Rudolfson wrote:
You must be right lol. I dont understand a word you are writing :)

I'm always :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Like many brute-force problems, this problem is in the class of NP (and also in co-NP). After all, it's easy (i.e., solvable in polynomial time in terms of the input size) to see if a given code is correct or not, but finding the correct code takes a lot of time.

So if anyone would prove that P = NP, then finding the correct code becomes easy!

So what we really need is to prove that P != NP and then we can be assured that cheating isn't easy.
As a bonus, proving P != NP would award you $1 million, the so-called Millenium Prize! How awesome is that? :D

(With all the maths confusing people, I couldn't resist making it a little worse. :lol: ;) )