It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:47 pm 

Putting this entire post inside a spoiler tag.

To summarize, I recently finished the PODS and I wanted to share my experiences/research.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
The Pods can be accessed through the Ae'gura library - there are 4 of them.

The following link is a very good resource for knowing when to catch the gateways inside.
http://www.uru-reallife.com/dnidatetime/release6/map.html

Some tips:
1.) Your computer's clock affects when the gates appear inside the pods (the gateway is a glowing symbol). The website above will give you the calculated time for when the gateway appears.
2.) I always recommend being there at least 10-20 minutes beforehand, and stand near where the gateway appears. Turn your sound up, you will hear a sound effect when it appears and disappears.
3.) I've been doing research on the Pods after I missed two gateways in a row. I've discovered that the website can be off anywhere from 45 seconds to at least 3-4 minutes. So when it gets close to the time for the gateway to appear - just focus on the game.
4.) Research also tells me that when the gateway first is triggered by your time, it can take up to 20 seconds to fully appear. You will then have 30 seconds to walk through it. If you do not walk through it before it disappears, you will have to wait for the next cycle.
5.) Sometimes visual effects/bugs can occur. For instance, today Payiferen's gateway didn't fully disappear. I was timing how long it was open and it partly disappeared. I was able to walk through it without being transported. If your gateway never appears, don't worry - just catch it the next time you can.

I hope this helps. The biggest thing for me was the 30 seconds to walk though the gates - it can be very easy to miss the gates if you step out for just 30 seconds to a minute. :shock: :x :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:18 am 

[Reveal] Spoiler:
The Pod portals not disappearing after closing is a feature, and not a glitch. Check out each portal after they vanish! Some are different from others! :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:01 am 

Calumon wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
The Pod portals not disappearing after closing is a feature, and not a glitch. Check out each portal after they vanish! Some are different from others! :)

[Reveal] Spoiler:
curious, why do you say not a glitch? What I've seen in the python code and myself, out of 10 times or so, all closed except one. Therefore you've sparked my curiousity. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Hey Guys...
Spoiler tags are not necessary in the Spoilers, Hints and Tips section.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:23 am 

Fireether wrote:
Calumon wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
curious, why do you say not a glitch? What I've seen in the python code and myself, out of 10 times or so, all closed except one. Therefore you've sparked my curiousity. :)

Well, each time I've seen the portals close from the outside, they've always stuck in certain ways each and every time. Payiferen's portal stays a full design, for example, while Tetsonot's closes down to the center dot.

I don't really see how it can be a glitch when there's such a dramatic difference between them. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:43 pm 

have the pods stopped working/ I have been to several and get there 15 minutes early and stay til 15 minutes after and no portall!! What gives?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Last time I checked - two nights ago - they were on time EXCEPT KI time was one day (24 hours) ahead. I had to look at tomorrow's POD schedule and use those times and they worked for folks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:08 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Quick correction: The Pod Ages are in the Museum, not the Library. Minkata and Jalak are in the Library.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:52 am 

HenryMikel wrote:
Last time I checked - two nights ago - they were on time EXCEPT KI time was one day (24 hours) ahead. I had to look at tomorrow's POD schedule and use those times and they worked for folks.

Tell me how to do this...I am using the online calculator shown here

http://www.uru-reallife.com/dnidatetime ... 6/map.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Happily the server reset today fixed the KI date so that website should now work for you. You should still show up a few minutes early but you should have no further problems. Until the NEXT server hiccup :o

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:18 am 

Thanks! Just found that out and was able to use portal in the last 2 instances!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Yes! The Ki time is fixed! (Although it did have the side effect of messing up my Er'cana pellets' cooking times. But that's a small price to pay for a properly functioning KI.)

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall