It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Malfhok wrote:
Can one of you add a link for me?

Done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:24 pm 

Yo, got a new HN lined up for you to Document-Ize!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:19 am 
Obduction Backer

Cool! I don't know when I'll have a chance to do it, but I will save the link and plan to do it when I can.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:18 am 

Sorry for necroposting, but I have a question.

Did this all ACTUALLY happen? Does this mean it's possible to see Bahro in any age today? And that they could potentially be friendly/skittish or murderous?

Man, I always miss out on the coolest stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:43 am 

Short answer: Yes, all of it happened.It's still possible to see Bahro in some ages, but not very likely. Any Bahro you DO encounter are not going to be murderous, they have all left for the time being, and their return is not expected any time soon, although that may change in the future.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Long Answer
From a strictly OOC POV: Yes, all of the events told in Heritage Night happened in real time, in game, many years ago, as best as can be humanly remembered. The story elements retold were the official story that Cyan provided for us to tell their story.

It's still possible to see Bahro in cavern, yes, but not *very* likely from an official story standpoint. More than likely they'll either be people in very convincing "Bahro Costumes" or holograms of avatars that just stand there doing nothing, as seen in their native habitat of "Magic" or "Fun House" type ages.

IF Cyan ever restarts the story line in a fashion that resembles what happened years ago, then you may encounter Hostile Bahro as part of the story, but for the most part, the Hostiles have only been seen in shadow- and almost all of the Bahro seen in-game were all Good Bahro.

From a strictly IC POV: Yes, all of the events told happened in Cavern, as best as can be humanly remembered.

Any Bahro you could run into In-Cavern however are going to be friendlies, however, left behind as a sort of 'night guard' for the Cavern. All of the bad ones are presently off chasing whatever it is Yeesha has.

If the Bahro return in force, then the likelyhood of encountering Dangerous Bahro is possible, but you're more than likely going to encounter good ones.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:21 pm 

Calumon wrote:
Short answer: Yes, all of it happened.It's still possible to see Bahro in some ages, but not very likely. Any Bahro you DO encounter are not going to be murderous, they have all left for the time being, and their return is not expected any time soon, although that may change in the future.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Long Answer
From a strictly OOC POV: Yes, all of the events told in Heritage Night happened in real time, in game, many years ago, as best as can be humanly remembered. The story elements retold were the official story that Cyan provided for us to tell their story.

It's still possible to see Bahro in cavern, yes, but not *very* likely from an official story standpoint. More than likely they'll either be people in very convincing "Bahro Costumes" or holograms of avatars that just stand there doing nothing, as seen in their native habitat of "Magic" or "Fun House" type ages.

IF Cyan ever restarts the story line in a fashion that resembles what happened years ago, then you may encounter Hostile Bahro as part of the story, but for the most part, the Hostiles have only been seen in shadow- and almost all of the Bahro seen in-game were all Good Bahro.

From a strictly IC POV: Yes, all of the events told happened in Cavern, as best as can be humanly remembered.

Any Bahro you could run into In-Cavern however are going to be friendlies, however, left behind as a sort of 'night guard' for the Cavern. All of the bad ones are presently off chasing whatever it is Yeesha has.

If the Bahro return in force, then the likelyhood of encountering Dangerous Bahro is possible, but you're more than likely going to encounter good ones.

That just makes me even sadder about what happened... It's just that I saw the memorial ticker and didn't know if it was placed there to honor actual people that existed or if it was just there as a reminder of the sad tale. That's how I got to this post, actually, from looking up what the memorial ticker was for after another explorer was being vague when I asked what the ticker was for.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Inunah wrote:
That just makes me even sadder about what happened... It's just that I saw the memorial ticker and didn't know if it was placed there to honor actual people that existed or if it was just there as a reminder of the sad tale. That's how I got to this post, actually, from looking up what the memorial ticker was for after another explorer was being vague when I asked what the ticker was for.
Inunah, did you get the answer you were looking for about the memorial? It was placed there after two characters in the story died in that location, but with the exception of Willow "Wheely" Engberg, Rosette Taylor and Phil "phend" Henderson, the rest of the names are those of real people who were once explorers in the cavern and beloved members of the community.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:35 am 

Tai'lahr wrote:
Inunah wrote:
Inunah, did you get the answer you were looking for about the memorial? It was placed there after two characters in the story died in that location, but with the exception of Willow "Wheely" Engberg, Rosette Taylor and Phil "phend" Henderson, the rest of the names are those of real people who were once explorers in the cavern and beloved members of the community.

I did. It's quite a sad tale, knowing that such beloved people were lost... I got a emotional hit when I realized what that big fissure in the ground of the Kahlo Pub with the ceiling rubble in it might have been... :(

Though I do have one question about the ticker: It moves so slowly that I can't see all the names to pay respects to unless I sit there for two hours watching. Just wondering if that was just me, or if maybe I spent too much time in Teledahn trying to figure out if it was snowing or if there were just spores falling from the air...

Also, does anyone have any pictures from around that time? Like, from when the Bahro swarmed every age, maybe? I'd like to see what it was like. I've seen a few, but the quality was awful and they were probably just in the last hour or so of the events.

Last edited by Inunah on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:40 am 
Obduction Backer

Inunah wrote:
Though I do have one question about the ticker: It moves so slowly that I can't see all the names to pay respects to unless I sit there for two hours watching. Just wondering if that was just me, or if maybe I spent too much time in Teledahn trying to figure out if it was snowing or if there were just spores falling from the air...
Yes, it does move quite slowly - probably an appropriate amount of time to be able to read each name. However, each level has the exact same line of names, so you're actually able to see them in batches. If you'll remember just one name from the top, when you see that name on the bottom, you've seen them all.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Explorers Memorial Names
Richard "ShadowCats" Bader
Janet "Pehpsi" Burress
CAGrayWolf
James "Aquila" Capenter
Virginia "Terra" Cinova
Willow "Wheely" Engberg
Cindy Farrar
Gandhar
Jahuti
JDrake
Katzi
Mo'zie
Len "Flyboy" Mumbower
Myst'Aken
Perlenstern
Ramsine
Jim "Dust'ei" Rhodes
SIL-OH-WET
Rosette Taylor

Last edited by Tai'lahr on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:43 am 

Tai'lahr wrote:
Inunah wrote:
Yes, it does move quite slowly - probably an appropriate amount of time to be able to read each name. However, each level has the exact same line of names, so you're actually able to see them in batches. If you'll remember just one name from the top, when you see that name on the bottom, you've seen them all.

I'm actually a speed-reader when it comes to English, so slow to you is probably twice as slow to me. When I originally glanced over the ticker, before I knew what it was for, I had thought it just showed a stationary image.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Oops, I was editing my post as you were posting. I found the list of names and added it to my post above.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:54 am 

For a second there, when I saw the list, I thought I knew James "Aquila" Carpenter...then I remembered that I had only played a Dragon Quest game where one of the characters was named Aquila. Oops.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:21 am 

Will this continue someday? THe Guilds and fans must create new content and if Cyan sees that it's good or fits, maybe they'll continue. Although how did we discover how to Write Ages?

Also, I went to see Phil's Relto, the whole bookshelf is filled!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:34 am 

coffeemancer wrote:
Will this continue someday? THe Guilds and fans must create new content and if Cyan sees that it's good or fits, maybe they'll continue. Although how did we discover how to Write Ages?

Also, I went to see Phil's Relto, the whole bookshelf is filled!

It's unsure whether or not anything will happen in the Cavern again. The DRC has been in a bit of a tough spot since GameTap ceased funding, and it seems it's up to us to help out...though it seems everyone is just getting that little funding ticker up to the level that allows the Cavern to be accessible, no more or less.

Writing Ages came to us through trial and error, I suppose. It's likely that someone learned how to write in D'ni, found a compatible book and ink, and began writing. Once the ways were discovered, it was only a matter of time before the techniques spread.

Ah, Phil's bookshelf. I can only assume that, since he was part of the DRC, he had access to a lot more Ages than a normal explorer. It's possible the Ages on his bookshelf were either:

• Denied for public release
  • Never revealed to the other DRC members
  • Private Ages that Phil did not want released publicly
  • Never released because the DRC lost most of their funding before they could do so

However, I do believe we won't get a true answer on the subject until the DRC returns to the Cavern and someone gets the chance to ask.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next