It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:49 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:57 am 

I am curious what the theme or purpose is for each neighborhood; what is its garden age (Eder Tsogal or Eder Delin); and what types of events does it regularly or sporadically host?

For example, the theme or purpose of my neighborhood -- Pacific Time Zone's Hood -- is to gather together a group of explorers who may be likely to visit the Cavern during a particular time of day (i.e., the normal waking hours for denizens of the Pacific Time Zone). The garden age for this hood is Eder Tsogal. Presently, we don't host any types of events.

How about your hood? :)

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)
CT Hostess Susa'n KI#9122427 (member Cavern Tour's Hood)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:37 am 

Ghaelen D'Lareh used to host meditation there every week in one of the Garden Ages.
Loved them.
I think she does it on S/L now only.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:53 am 

All of our Hood (Deck 15) members are siblings. There are seven of us (plus one other member who was a friend of the family) with our assorted avvies on the books as Hood members, but only three of us who still play. We meet there before going off to explore or participate in Cavern events.

Tonight we had what was supposed to be a short round of sardines. 3 1/2 hours later....

Eder Tsogal.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:40 pm 

I hope you won't be surprised if I'm telling you that I'm member of numerous hoods :wink:

Here's the breakdown, I'll keep it short:

L'unique Sophie's (private) - 11 avatars - Repositories avvies & other tasks - Eder Tsogal
Annabelle-Sophie's (private) - 10 avatars - Related to my quests collection - Eder Delin
La jolie Annabelle's (private) - 10 avatars - Related to my quests collection - Eder Delin
Sophie's (private) - 10 avatars - Magic Incantations & Projects yet to be published - Eder Delin
Annabot's (private) - 1 avatar - She is borked since inception...I have no idea what I'll do with her
SkydiverBot's (private) - 1 avatar - Project yet to be made public

Uru Cavern Skydivers' (public) - 144 owners - 4 avatars - Eder Delin
The purpose of the hood shifted around the time I became I member... the active members at that time were glitching. Having no idea what "skydiving" was (I'm serious), I made in my head the correlation that the activity they were doing was skydiving... and spreaded it to the point that in this game community, the word glitching is almost non-present and its preferred term is skydiving instead. There were maybe more gathering before in past versions of MOUL, in this version, it became more a lonely activity although I recall some nice evenings where we gathered and "skydived" together :wink:

Eden-GIRA's (public) - 71 owners - 2 avatars - Eder Delin
One of the 2 main French community hoods. This hood always suffered from being the 2nd one. It kept a small number of members. We used to be more active in 2010-2011, gathered together, doing some activities. I'll say that on the imager, it can goes up to 2 months of non-activity between the last visitor and the visitor right before.

Les-Voltigeurs' (public) - 30 owners - 2 avatars - Eder Tsogal
This hood was made by Michel at the time skydiving was at its highest. He made it to gather the French community skydivers. This hood has no more active players apart maybe one of my 2 avatars with whom I'm working on a project yet to be published.

D'ni Musicological Research's (public) - 54 owners - 2 avatars - Eder Delin
The purpose of this hood is well-known, hosting weekly concerts. It was created by Turjan, a French artist. Its first members were Turjan, Musica, & Christine (if I'm not mistaking...) The hood is still in good health, we grew up steadily over the past 4 years. We are not all musicians or DJs. This hood is open to everyone.

Mystpédia's (public) - 208 owners - 1 avatar - Eder Tsogal
The main French community hood that is still very active. Janeerah still host his Monday Gatherings. The online community (in Cavern) which differs from the forum board community (on Forum & Wiki) is often seen in Magic Ages developed by Michel. The hood grew up steadily since its inception in 2010. There are still new comers entering this hood in 2014!

Fabulous Magic Treasure's (public) - 33 owners - 1 avatar - (dunno the garden)
The main purpose of this hood is to gather players of the FMT game made by Michel. Since a month or so, we don't need to be members of that hood to participate in the FMT game. I don't think this hood will still be active for years to come since many of its members including myself just parked an avvie there for the duration of the game. And now that the participants can stay in their respective hoods...

The total owners in each public hood are the numbers as of today.
Great my avatars are adding up :lol:, my conciliation is working :D!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:59 pm 

I let our hood get a bit untidy. There's moss growing everywhere, graffiti, mice, a kokroach (I wanted to name it after my favourite Youtuber, but Cpt Jericho said no), the beds are all unmade, food needs clearing and the plates need washing up. The garden is so overgrown, I can't tell which one we have. The welcome board has a drawing made by a five-year-old on it signed "G" Eddie is asking "whatever happened to Saturday nights?" the light garden has gone out because Zandi parked his Airstream in front of our solar panels. The Bahro raided our fridge. Atrus won't change the channel on the televison until the Stranger visits him again. He keeps muttering something about "My Desert Bird" ... in short, I don't know.

(seriously? kokroach gets censored if spelled correctly?)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:39 pm 

Great posts Annabelle and Alien.
I really don't know how Anna keeps track of all her stuff.
Must be a great spreadsheet.

And Alien, you crack me up. Great post. Love the humor.
I agree with you about the "bug". (didn't spell it out either. No censoring please.)

Wonderful posts.
We need more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:50 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm a member of The Cavern Today's Hood, named for our team who produced the long-running podcast of that title. Our hood kind of worked into our story arch, as we founded the hood when MOULa came to be, and it was to serve as our gathering place, conference area, recording studio, and general base of operations.

I still visit our hood every now and then, but it's awfully quiet. When Uru news dwindled, so did the need for our podcast, alas. I miss those days a lot, but at least some of us still congregate on Skype.

"For The Cavern Today, this is Mowog... signing off."

;-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:59 am 

Mowog wrote:
I'm a member of The Cavern Today's Hood, named for our team who produced the long-running podcast of that title. Our hood kind of worked into our story arch, as we founded the hood when MOULa came to be, and it was to serve as our gathering place, conference area, recording studio, and general base of operations.

I still visit our hood every now and then, but it's awfully quiet. When Uru news dwindled, so did the need for our podcast, alas. I miss those days a lot, but at least some of us still congregate on Skype.

"For The Cavern Today, this is Mowog... signing off."

;-)

Ditto what Sir Mowog pointed out. "sigh" Good times, miss it, still log in now and then.

Regards
Tyion

~Yeesha~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:06 pm 

Hi Susa'n

My stats:
Gorens' Hood (Private) 10 owners (5 Avvies) Eder Delin
Hmmm the purpose? Gorens's Harem??

The Big Pond (Private) 7 owners (2 Avvies) Eder Tsogal
This Hood was made especially for Miss Bass, when she started enjoying Uru.
Currently we are cooperative keepers of the Lake in an ongoing pellet harvesting effort.
All things Aquatic and for the Bug connoisseur. :wink:

Game Master URUs' Hood (Public) 6 owners (1 Avvie) Eder Tsogal
Marker Games Resources
Jahman made this Hood. It is open when there is an Owner on Duty.

Lyneesa KI#107095 aka Lyyne 106746 aka Taadpole 106952

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I belong to many hoods, none of which seem to be doing much at the moment - with the possible exception of MagicBot.

By the way, whatever happened to the Obductee Hood? Is the Guild of Translators still active, or has it been abandoned?

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:58 am 

I have more invites to hoods than I care to count. Occasionally I will visit some them and invariably find that they have been abandoned. People start groups in effort to encourage playing and participation, they will create a hood for that group, but will eventually leave when game boredom and apathy takes hold. Sometimes the odd player will appear and ask about new content or updates, but is always quick to leave on finding there haven't been any.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
As has been pointed out in another thread, there are other activities (e.g., The Magic Ages), but nobody seems to know about them. In the end, publicity is the key - but how do we get the word out?

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:37 am 

Ohh. I did create an avatar called 'Grim Reaper' for the sole reason of making a hood that would end up being called the 'Grim Reaper's Hood'.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:47 pm 

I'll chime in for the Guild of Messengers' hood, which is fairly self-explanatory. It has Delin, which I think is fantastic (my favorite Eder!).

While we've kept it private before, we've recently made it public and occasionally bump the hood on the list (thanks to a client Lyrositor made). Last big event we hosted was the MOULa leg of the Christmas Party Hop to great success.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:36 pm 

My presently "active" avatars are as noted in my signature. My first one [NoorMax] I created
when joining MOULa some 4 years ago and it has been a member of the DRC Hood for most of
the time. Although this chap don't see many of his Neighbors apart from a handful [I think we
have some 180 members], he's still around now and then.The DRC Hood has a Delin... I think

But lately I've used my I.H.P.Max avvie. We created the International's Hood [I.H.P(roject)]
as we thought it could be useful to display some basic Info in different languages to anybody
New & Non-English Explorers. So the Hood Imager has always been used for that.

We have also co-arranged several Events, like the D'ni Palooza [Music Event], the D'ni Winter
Olympics
, several Open Hood Days with different themes and most lately the April 24th Open
Hood Day
, with meetings of the Shard Crews & Creative Minds of the Cavern. And I was very
pleased to even see some people from the Cyan HQ at that event, chatting with the crowd!

The Hood has a Delin, very few members [we need to keep things in our hands, info wise] but
I'd say we are very active and try so be also in the future. We have our own Blog or a Web Page:
gotoihp.wordpress.com ...where we will publish info on past events or plans of coming events.

Oh yes, I was also a Member of Guild of Sleepers, and take the blame of creating the Guild's
[un]Official Soundtrack [you can find it here >>] with an associated theme [zzzzzzzzz... ].
Another "Max" was also in the Skydivers, but he's stuck some place in a glitch, and the physics
got changed, I later got a Laptop, so... that's history.

edit: fixed the linky. thanx Alien!

Last edited by m.a.x.2.0 on Wed May 14, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next