It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:07 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: 8 June Guild Meeting
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:37 pm 

Good evening

This meeting was the second event that I have been to since joining in April this year. I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were items mentioned which I do not know what they are. I did not want to ask during the event because of the time factor. I would really appreciate it if someone could explain to me what they are. The items are:
MagicBot
D'ni 101
D'ni 201

Regards
Philip
:) :) :)

MOULa KI#645770
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463

Post subject: Re: 8 June Guild Meeting
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Shorah, Philip.

Someone else can probably give a better description of what the MagicBot does, but I can tell you that it's an automated avatar which can respond to commands.

D'ni 101 & 102 are language classes taught by shokhootahn (instructor) Rehn and graduates of his classes. The next 101 class will start on July 7. Class times are 9:00 AM KI time on Mondays and 23:00 KI time Mondays. The 201 class will begin on July 15. It is open to all former students.

You can find a summary of the meeting and chatlogs on the Guild of Messengers site.

It's okay to ask questions during the meeting - that's why it's held. Just be sure to send your question to the moderator (usually Doobes) in a PM with a question mark (?). He will ask your question to the presenter when it's time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Glad you enjoyed it, Philip! Another thing you can do, if you're shy about asking really basic questions at the AGM in front of everyone (though you don't need to be :D - presenters should not assume lots of prior knowledge), is pick on someone you know in the audience and ask them :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:12 pm 

Hi Philipgr!

MagicBot is one of the many bots that you can encounter playing on the main server (MOULa). Those bots are normal avatars (look like a normal explorer) but they are controlled by programs written in Python instead of a human being :wink: . You can interact with them using their known language. Usually when you want to know what the bot can offer or if you want to know his/her language, type in PM to the bot: "/help".

Typing /help, you will receive a KI-mail in your incoming folder ****. I think the bots can send their informations remotely (if you are in another age), I'm not entirely sure about it though.

The bots are programmed by explorers like you and I just a little bit more savvy in coding! MagicBot is one of the bots of MisterMagic (aka Michel).

In other words, every pictures/KI-mails/new buddy/new neighbour coming in won't be updated in your KI until you log back in.

And as a reverse effect, every buddy/neighbour who quitted the game a long time ago will still be showing as being online until you update your KI (log back in).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:09 pm 

Good evening everyone

Thank you for your responses. Things are clear now. I did not realize when I first joined MOULa and the other shards that there is more to Uru than just the game. I never expected to encounter such a huge community of enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated people. I am glad that Cyan released the Uru source code under the GPL. I am used to the open source community in Linux so it is nice to see it in the Uru community. And like the Linux community I have found the Uru community to be very helpful in answering queries etc. Unfortunately there have been a few exceptions.

Kudos to everyone in the community.

Regards
Philip
:D :D :D

MOULa KI#645770
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463

Last edited by philipgr on Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:17 pm 

Hi Annabelle

So you cannot tell a MagicBot explorer from a human explorer? Last night in TOC I felt a bit of a nit. I have in all my visits I to the City Of Dimensions I have always seen a number of cats running around. I previously thought that these were explorers that had changed their appearance. So I sometimes greeted the cats with comments like 'hello kitty', 'meow'. Last night I said 'hello kitty' when one of the other explorers asked me why I was talking to the cat. One of the other explorers showed me the Relto page to add a kitty. As I said I felt a real nit.

Oh well I guess it is part of the learning process. I had a good laugh at myself.

Regards
Philip
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MOULa KI#645770
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:21 pm 

Hi Acorn1

Thank you for telling me about the guild meeting it was really great. I still want to visit the heritage night web site to see what is there.

Regards
Philip
:) :) :) :)

MOULa KI#645770
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

philipgr wrote:
Hi Annabelle

So you cannot tell a MagicBot explorer from a human explorer? Last night in TOC I felt a bit of a nit. I have in all my visits I to the City Of Dimensions I have always seen a number of cats running around. I previously thought that these were explorers that had changed their appearance. So I sometimes greeted the cats with comments like 'hello kitty', 'meow'. Last night I said 'hello kitty' when one of the other explorers asked me why I was talking to the cat. One of the other explorers showed me the Relto page to add a kitty. As I said I felt a real nit.

Oh well I guess it is part of the learning process. I had a good laugh at myself.

Regards
Philip
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shorah philipgr,

:D :D

Personally, I *always* talk to cats! ;) They are sensible, tidy creatures, usually moreso than the rest of us. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

*Ahem* Relevant.

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:59 pm 

philipgr wrote:
So I sometimes greeted the cats with comments like 'hello kitty', 'meow'. Last night I said 'hello kitty' when one of the other explorers asked me why I was talking to the cat. One of the other explorers showed me the Relto page to add a kitty. As I said I felt a real nit.

That's lovely :lol:

The cats or the ravens are pets that you can have on TOC. Don't worry much about feeling nit for that, a lot of explorers (including myself) are greeting the cats or ravens knowing they can't answer. Some also talk to the crabs in Ahnonay...but that's because they get mad at them because they don't cooperate much... :wink:

And... I'm talking to Charlotte, my pet Tarantula in my Relto (on another shard & offline). I don't wait for her to answer me back though! :wink: (She is also an addition coming with a fan-made Relto page)

Some of the explorers are too down-on-earth, too logic. They cannot understand why some, like me, just do something they know it's illogic but they do it anyway, like greeting Charlotte. Just like in RL. If I see a cat on the street, one thing you can be sure of, I'll talk to the cat.

BTW, on TOC, you might during events encounter some weird avatars like Fuggelsomething the dragon, or a giant smiley (a she), or a big treasure box. These are not bots, they are controlled directly by TOC's admins. You might as well see some bahros in magic events on MOULa (forbidden in public ages) controlled directly by savvy explorers.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]