It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:26 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 pm 

I am a major mingler... Lol. I love to help out new players but have been of late accused by our old friend [G] of being patronizing....if helping new players is patronizing I am guilty as charged.
I am sure I was not in the city when you were or I would have responded to your hellos.
I hood hop...going to the newly created hoods seeing if newbies are popping in...finding the KI seems to be an ever present problem.
I have help notes in English, German, Spanish and Italian to try to be a better greeter.
I love this place...it is my relax time...the only online game I play.
I hope it stays alive....it deserves to stay alive.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Don't beat yourself up, angelmyst. [G] is merely the latest name for a known griefer who has been banned countless times, but manages to sneak back in. (Luckily for me, it's been a long time since I've encountered this person, so I don't know if they've returned or not.)

As we say on other message boards, "Don't feed the trolls." Don't reply to griefers, and put them on /ignore immediately.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:02 pm 

Lol..I am aware who [G] is and he is on ignore along with a few other avi names I suspect are him. I do not reply....nor do I feed his fires by watching any of his posts on You Tube.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:11 pm 

fchall wrote:
I really don't know where to put this.
I haven't been down to the city for awhile. In case you're wondering, I do go donate every few months to help keep it going.
So, recently I have visited the city and met nothing but derision for being an old Gametap Vet and being ignored by people.
Is it too much to ask for a simple greeting in response to a Shorah and Wave. Come on people. I waved and said hello. At least you could respond in kind.
What has happened to the friendly caring community that once was? Being an old vet. I offer help to people who seem confused and receive nothing but BS in reply.
What has happened to our city?????

Every one has their story... I was not around at GT times. But I know a few explorers still in the Cavern that were.

But there's always two sides to a coin. And I think you should not let a few incidents decide. We have some 3000 individual users (explorers) logging in every month... Are they all behaving in same bad manner as you describe? I don't think so (but I've only been around for 4 years and to the Cavern at least, if not almost on daily basis, then on weekly basis. And I think in general, we do "hello & welcome" people, old and new to City and ask them to join in in discussions or ask if they need help or make a Door Run).

I co-founded the International's Hood, to try and help Explorers of foreign languages. And like Angelmyst mentioned perhaps, she is in the Guild of (New) Greeters that do the same. Welcome & Help New Explorers! We have plenty of events happening on almost weekly basis, in the Hoods or in Kirel (like All Guilds Meetings)... And I'm almost sure we DO "hello & welcome" people at those events.

But yeah, not everybody show courtesy. I remember way back a little group that sometimes used to hang at Link In Point at Tokotah, and yap away. And when people Linking in mentioned that is a bit "uncomfy" (Linking In to somebody in that group) they got cursed at...

There are some that are less friendly than others, sure. But in general, I think most of us (or parts of the 3000 or so) would perhaps agree that we are a friendly community. The City might have become less crowded these days (although there's at times over 20 people around, but that depends on time of the day of course) but I would not say it's got less friendly.

But then again... I could be wrong...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:52 am 
Obduction Backer

You know, now that I think about it, I seem to remember similar complaints about the "new" GameTap members back when Uru first showed up there.

I was way more active in cavern back then, and I can honestly say that I have no idea where it was coming from. I was always treated with respect and friendliness. I cannot remember a single time that I was ever ignored, by either us "old-timers" or the newer GT members. And I always tried to respect others as well.

I have always loved this community for that. It didn't seem to matter whether it was on the forums or in the cavern, things were great. I always hear about crazy angry people on other sites, but I never saw any of that in this community. It's a big part of why I consider the Myst community one of the greatest fan communities in the world.

So you'll understand when I say that I'm surprised to hear this kind of thing happening. I was shocked and confused back then, and I don't know what to say now. The only thing that I can say is that I believe it is an isolated event. This is hands down the most welcoming and supportive community I've ever been a part of.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2