It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'd disagree on the same egos or the same arguments - and those arguments aren't always used by the same people. =P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:25 pm 

I totally agree Szark.
There are always a few people who think they rank higher than others,
and they don't. Kings and Queens we don't need. Just friendly people
who love URU and don't want to ruin it with the drama if things are not
exacty the way they want it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:13 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
ChloeRhodes wrote:
...something akin to placing someone on ignore, renders them invisible to you, and you invisible to them. ...That is a solution that requires no effort from Cyan, and could be implemented by the fans on Cyan's shard... and can be maintained and made to work by our fan developers.

That is a good solution. Most important is that it is under fan control. My compliments to the person who thought of it and implements it.

People who behave provocatively ("griefers") do so to get a reaction. Their gratification comes from the attention they get and sense of power and control they feel. These are deep psychological issues requiring professional treatment, and beyond the scope of the good-hearted people in this community (but that's another subject).

The only solution is to ignore them completely, as *any* interaction whatsoever reinforces their dysfunction. This can be extremely difficult to do. Removing all auditory and visual communication channels would be the equivalent of shunning. While shunning can be viewed as relational bullying, in this instance, it would serve as a protection from bullying/griefing by empowering the individual listener/receiver.

Fantastic idea!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:29 am 

OMG a mental health counselor, every body quick sweat shirts clean side out.
Welcome to Uru Neelena

just for the record
I may get controversial on the forums, but I always behaved in the Caverns. because for me forums are a place to express myself the Caverns is someplace to have fun and escape the tiles and tribulations of daily life. When I noticed the atmosphere changing and getting not as friendly as I remember it before after I got into Age writing. Nothing fancy. but is has served as a substitute escape. Creating stuff in 3ds Max exporting it ext. ext. and seeing it in the old game engine is great but it does lack the friendlessness I remember from GT

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:43 am 

Nicoleleigh wrote:
I totally agree Szark.
There are always a few people who think they rank higher than others,
and they don't. Kings and Queens we don't need. Just friendly people
who love URU and don't want to ruin it with the drama if things are not
exacty the way they want it.

Yeah I just don't get way people have to resort to name calling and just plain disrespect. And yes mainly on the forums and not in the cavern so why can't people behave on the forums as they would do in the cavern. It makes no sense at all and never did.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:01 am 
Obduction Backer

Szark wrote:
so why can't people behave on the forums as they would do in the cavern. It makes no sense at all and never did.

The reason for that is pretty straightforward; on a forum you can discuss, argue, and go into some depth which you can not do in the game, or want to.
Even when a discussion gets heated on the forum, it will/should not influence the game-experience for anyone involved in the discussion or not involved at all.
On a forum you have all the time you need to write your piece and at least try to prevent misunderstanding, something that is much harder to do in a live-conversation, especially when your native tongue is not English.
One other reason is that there are active posters that are not active players, staying involved regardless.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:49 am 

ok so why can't mature adults DISCUSS things in a mature fashion then...seems very simple and straight forward to me though many do the opposite.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:10 pm 

Szark wrote:
ok so why can't mature adults DISCUSS things in a mature fashion then...seems very simple and straight forward to me though many do the opposite.

Simply because they never learnt such thing... A discussion involves at least 2 persons. Many still think a monologue is a discussion :roll:

There are many posts that follow each others and go in the straight opposite opinion, that's ok, that's a discussion.

For example, Szark, you gave an opinion yesterday, kae came 15 minutes after you saying she disagreed and Nicole came few hours later saying the complete opposite, she agreed. I never saw disrespect in those 3 posts.

The main word here is: respect.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:20 pm 

I am talking in general and have seen DISRESPECT since 2007 hence why I said nothing changes and I wish it would. Yeah I know many don't know how to act in public but I am just sick and tired of it all. It doesn't need to be that way. And I wasn't aiming my comments to one single person but as a blanket remark.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

The same griefer was back on again last night using the same name spelled with a y this time instead of an i. Another ticket was sent into Cyan today asking them to kick him again.

One new player actually said they were leaving the game if that is the way people talk to each other in URU and she did quit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:51 pm 

it is a shame we can't get a bahro to link him/her out to a prison age. They would only be allowed back if they behaved. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:05 pm 

I think I may boil down to something as simple as, its a lot easier to stay miserable and pass that around. Making thing better for your self which might make things for others takes effort.

Szark wrote:
so why can't people behave on the forums as they would do in the cavern. It makes no sense at all and never did.

another reason may be that Cyan and the MOULa forum moderators are more likely to read the forum then to go into the caverns, given the two choices someone is more likely to get thier point across on the forums

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Last edited by Karkadann on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:16 pm 

Karkadann wrote:
I think I may boil down to something as simple as, its a lot easier to stay miserable and pass that around. Making thing better for your self which might make things for others takes effort.

I tried that years ago and it feel on deaf ears....and for the record I am not miserable just frustrated. :) But yeah I get your point.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:17 pm 

rocketdog wrote:
The same griefer was back on again last night using the same name spelled with a y this time instead of an i. Another ticket was sent into Cyan today asking them to kick him again.

One new player actually said they were leaving the game if that is the way people talk to each other in URU and she did quit.

Too bad if that happens... and one can never predict if it will happen again. If the foul mouthing
continues...

But would it not be wise if the people present (when this happens) speak up? Just say:
This is NOT THE WAY people talk to each other in this game. That there is a zero tolerance...

Our very own behaviour, when such things happen is also a major important key to how the
community is perceived as a whole.

But we've had plenty of new explorers this last week (new for me) that we have helped with
guidance, Door Runs etc. so that is still a positive sign I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:22 pm 

exactly Behaviour breeds behaviour that goes for good or bad. Personally I think if more of us level headed folks were down there more and speaking up and m.a.x said I think it would be a better place. I not sure if I am deluded in saying that but that is how I look at it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next