It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:38 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:03 am 

Thank you Alan D., m.a.x.2.o, and Tai'lahr. Now I also sorta know what Magic World is. I don't think I have seen a bot in the game.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:26 pm 

For those of us who are terrible jumpers, the bots ages are a great way to get places that the 'normal' explorer can not get to. I have gotten some awesome pictures while hanging with the bots.
If one is interested in actually dong something there is plenty to do. We do have a strong element of those who are content to just stand around and chat. I have my times when I like that as well but I would rather go run thru the ages with a bud...race across Minkata, and search for my ever elusive soccerball.
I do not think I will ever grow tired of this place. The Cavern walls will have to crumble around my ears....mmmm that has happened in the past...how we lost someone way back in the restoration days....not that kind please...I do not want to be buried in the rubble.
Love it..love it love it...even the presence of griefers will not hamper my love....if we could have invisibility with the ignore that would be nice, but my ignore list just grows, as griefers insist on changing avis and coming back..again and again....
Until we meet again....

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:31 am 
Obduction Backer

In case it is still not pretty clear the bots link you to separate instances of different ages and give any visitor the ability to do the kinds of amazing/amusing things the grey hats used to do and more. You do not see the bots in the regular ages generally, they only hang out in the magic ones. You link to them by sending them a message. Be sure you get the "help" message from the bot when you get to the magic age the bot is in. Mr. Magic gave some classes not long ago in using all the various commands available. I have the impression the grey hats were eventually asked to move their activities to the Fun House area but that also kind of faded out. Shows are put on in the Magic ages using Grey Hat type programing, a couple very cool laser shows recently.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:15 am 

That actually sounds pretty fun. I remember the Grey Hat Fun House stuff. I might just have to play around with these magic Ages--if I can ever catch a bot online. They are never on when I am, so far.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:36 am 

Only one thing to remember....after hanging with a bot you will find residual effects....your relto may have overlays of other ages, you may not be able to access the Nexus and such. It can give some great effects. All you have to do is log out and come back and all will be fixed...ish. I still have a journey cloth in my nexus book that I acquired from hanging with a bot I suspect.
Just proves the age old truth, that you become like those you hang with.
Have fun!!

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:04 am 
Obduction Backer

These ‘mixologies’, as they’re called, persist after a logout, you’ll have to re-launch the game to get rid of them. Keep in mind they’re temporary and harmless. Here’s a list of basic commands :wink:

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:26 am 
Obduction Backer

It is also important to have the bots in your buddylist, so you can find them :)

Magic Bot [KI: 21418998]
Mimi Bot [KI: 21420380]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Most of the things you remember are rare now, but there are other things that have replaced them. People still make and play marker missions, although they are mainly used as a skydiver teaching tool now. I've made a number of marker games that were designed to aid exploration, although the info is outdated... I've learned a lot more since I made them.

What you'll see much more of are social events, like the music programs held every Saturday, the Heritage Nights lecture series, and a series I've been assisting with called the Cavern Tours (although the Cavern Tours are only only scheduled once or twice a year, since they are pretty exhausting to perform.) There are more events like that too, such as the All Guilds Meeting held once a month. There have even been Q&A interviews with Robin Miller and various Cyan guests, a music festival in which cavern musicians shared their original compositions, and heaven knows what else.

Oh, and we do have Door Runs for those who need the wedges pretty often.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2