It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:00 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: A Beginning
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:33 am 

In January of 2004 (so far as I know) Uru Live was shut down.

In early August of 2004, the first Until Uru shards opened to the public. That kept the way open for the next year and a half, until Cyan opened the D'mala shard.

Ten years later... we're still here. A long time. Worth celebrating, I think.

Post subject: Re: A Beginning
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:28 pm 

Better than that. With the Mysterium announcement, we are going to grow again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Whilyam wrote:
Better than that. With the Mysterium announcement, we are going to grow again.
It very much sounds like it, thanks to those who steadfastly and unerringly invested their passion and energy in such or any other satisfying solution, and of course thanks to all who kept this all as much as possible alive in all those years, which ultimately might have inspired sufficient confidence in all at Cyan Worlds to support such a wonderful community effort now and in the future ... :P

So, I'd say, yes, this all sounds like a great reason and special occasion to celebrate ... :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:14 pm 

@LC & Doobes (for the in-joke): "It's been a long road...."

Anys, free Shroom Juice for everyone!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:29 pm 

Nev'yn wrote:

Anys, free Shroom Juice for everyone!!!

The day the Pub is (hopefully) released on MOULa, we'll have a HUGE party to celebrate. Free drinks for all (it's on Cyan's tab :P )!

We will all (Cyan *and* the fans) grow the cavern again together in our own ways. Let's make it happen!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:21 am 
Obduction Backer

Lord Chaos wrote:
In January of 2004 (so far as I know) Uru Live was shut down.

February. But close enough.

Quote:
In early August of 2004, the first Until Uru shards opened to the public. That kept the way open for the next year and a half, until Cyan opened the D'mala shard.

Ten years later... we're still here. A long time. Worth celebrating, I think.

For some of us, it has been even longer... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Nev'yn wrote:

"...getting from there to here..." see we can all make in-jokes about that statement

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:13 pm 

ChloeRhodes wrote:
Nev'yn wrote:

"...getting from there to here..." see we can all make in-jokes about that statement

LOL! I knew *someone* would pick up on that, Nev. :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:37 am 
Obduction Backer

@ Doobes
Quote:
We will all (Cyan *and* the fans) grow the cavern again together in our own ways. Let's make it happen!

This is great news ! :o And ready for your party !
In your fantastic new Messengers pub ..... great job !!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:10 am 

Sorry--what Mysterium announcement is this? I don't know anything about the recent Mysterium other than the fact that it happened. Was there an important Uru-related announcement?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:37 am 

Oh, nothing really serious :roll: . Just that they try by the end of this year to add some fan-made content. What excactly is however unknown to me. But it sounds like it will be a bit more than just a few new shirts :lol:

Edit:
This might be worth to read.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Carl U Palmner wrote:
Sorry--what Mysterium announcement is this? I don't know anything about the recent Mysterium other than the fact that it happened. Was there an important Uru-related announcement?

Carl, you may want to read this - http://invertedpixel.tumblr.com/post/93 ... evelopment

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I was sort of hoping this thread would be filled with posts of people reminiscing about Until Uru and other past Uru events so I could mine it for historical information for my current project. :wink:

*Removed long ramble about recent announcement leading up to a question which Tweek answered in the link he gave.* Just waiting on that official announcement and clarification of what to expect, now. :)

Nev'yn wrote:
Thank Yahvo that Marten didn't listen to me when I recommended this song for his video at the end of MOUL. Instead, we now have the classic Don't Give Up video. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:18 am 

Oh wow, that's fantastic news! It will be great to have some new official content, and the fact that the content is (I think) fan-made makes it even better! And it will be very nice to get the EoA Ages there as well. I've always thought Direbo would be a fun place to visit with others.

Has Cyan said anything--either in Mysterium or otherwise--about continuing the ongoing live story that has been on hold since the Gametap days? New content was only half of the Uru coin--the other half was a constantly evolving realtime story.

Also--TWEEK! HOLY CRAP HELLO I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN FOREVER...HowhaveyoubeenwhathaveyoubeenuptoIhaven'tseenyousincethegoodolddaysrememberwhenWheelydied
andweweereallreallysadandhowIusedtoalwaystalkabouthowgoodlookingIwasbecauseletsfaceitIkindofamandhaveyou
seenGadrenorGondarorJazzoranyofourotheroldfriendsandrememberwhenYeeshasavedusallthatwasawesomeandremember
whenSharpermetabunchofusintheWatcher'sPubandthosebahroappearedwiththebodyofthebahroSharpershotandthatwas
awesometooandit'scrazytorunintoyouafterallthistimethesenewexplorershavenoideawhatit'sliketheynevercoweredinfearof
thebahroorcameupwithcoolnamesforAgeslikeReziksehvandIreallymissalltheoldDRCcelebritiesanditwouldbereallycooltosee
themallagainandweshouldtotallyhaveapartysometime...

(ahem). What I meant to say was: Tweek, so nice to see you again. It's been a while. I do hope you're well, old chap.

EDIT: added line breaks when I saw that my original post BROKE THE INTERNET.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:50 am 

Carl U Palmner wrote:
Has Cyan said anything--either in Mysterium or otherwise--about continuing the ongoing live story that has been on hold since the Gametap days? New content was only half of the Uru coin--the other half was a constantly evolving realtime story.

I wouldn't place a bet on Cyan continuing the storyline. They have a major release (Obduction) to work on. MOULa is just pet project.
The only way to get the story going on would have to come inofficially from fans, I guess. The hard part would be that you can't show up as DRC memebers in the public. Maybe in the magic ages with a some grey hat magic. Wouldn't be the same, I know. But that's probably the best we can hope for, storywise.

However, would be nice if at least a few members of Cyan would show up when it happens and celebrate with their fans. Even if just for an hour or so.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next