It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:26 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Umm, yeah, I'm gonna blame the lousy WiFi connection here at the Comfort Inn and leave it at that... I re-did the stream, which now has a new address (and I'll correct the link in my earlier post).

[[You will need to be patient; as I mentioned, the WiFi here seriously sucks and it seems to be taking *forever* to get the images uploaded from my laptop to the cloud account :evil: ]]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

ChloeRhodes wrote:
The ages that are in the trailer, for those curious are:

Maintainer's Nexus
    Descent/Great Shaft
    Fehnir's House
    Direbo
    A updated version of Bob Lishman's Sonavio for MOULa
    Lakiahn

In addition we're working on the overall Nexus project to get fan ages into MOULa.

While some of the stuff we are working on is related to Myst V, it should be pointed out that this isn't a "conversion" of Myst V files but a literal remake of them from the very bottom, so the look may stay the same in some of the ages, and may change in others depending on how the age was supposed to look for Uru, not Myst V.

Hope that helps.

I would just like to say a huge "Thank You" to Chloe and everyone who is involved in this project. Words cannot express how honoured I feel to have one of my Ages chosen to be included in it. Chloe deserves 100% of the credit for all the improvements that will appear in any MOULa version(s) of Sonavio and I cannot wait to see them myself. As for one of my Ages being (a tiny) part of a Mysterium event ... well, that just blows my mind. Thank you again to everyone involved.

and ...

uʍop ǝpısdn ʇsod uɐɔ l 'sǝʎ

Ki # : 02037973

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:18 pm 

A sincere congrats Bob...yeah I bet it blew your mind..it would me.

I'd just be happy to get a team together and make what Theremin and I had in mind for some ages a few years back. But I realise now that will never happen. I will still make my concepts in made in Blender and rendered in Vue one day just for me to get it out of my head once and for all.

I am buzzing with the recent news though..very cool indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:25 pm 

What I am curious about is that if you have Laki'ahn and potentially the other Myst V ages as well, including the bottom of the Great Shaft .... How have you changed the puzzles?
I know Myst V backwards, and without spoilering what you do, I know why those ages are not possible in MOULa. The game mechanic simply isn't in MOULa.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:32 pm 

Alien: I can take a stab at that, though I think others in the project might be able to answer this better. Many of the Ages that are coming to MOULa will require us to add game mechanics. One big hope of mine is that the engine can be improved and modernized so that a lot of ideas both Cyan and the fans may have will be easier to produce. There's some amazing stuff out there that I would love to see integrated.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
The trailer looks really wonderful! (Imagine if there had been a voice-over by Rengin Altay....)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the final product.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi, everyone, I just got the link to the video recordings by Draaloff, which he promised to provide while on the justin.tv chat, which were just posted on the Cyan forums by Weldford in the Mysterium 2014 thread ...

So, please follow this link and enjoy the whole Mysterium if you like or in case you even missed it ... He even set time markers to jump to any section you like ... Enjoy ... :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:25 pm 

Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy everyone! Cal here.

I Just got back from the road a few hours ago, and I'm working on copying my large video collection to my main computer at the moment. Once I finish, I'll begin work on editing and posting the videos to my youtube channel.

Also! I'll link to pictures and stuff once I get those uploaded as well. :33

This was a FUN weekend! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:44 am 

Sorry to Double post, but I figure that it would be better at getting people's attention.

I've uploaded a majority of my Mysterium 2014 pics to my DeviantArt gallery, Here! I am missing a lot of names on certain pics, so rather than butcher them, I've left most of them blank, even on the ones I do know for sure of who I got pics of. If anyone has the correct spellings of the names of everyone I got pics of, I'd appreciate it. :)

Videos shall be worked on tomorrow!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:53 am 
Obduction Backer

Awesome pictures, thank you, Calu ... :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:11 am 
Obduction Backer

janaba1 wrote:

+1 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:51 pm 

Acorn1 wrote:
janaba1 wrote:

+1 :mrgreen:

Thanks. ^^

Videos are SLOOOWLY being processed and uploaded, but with my internet being rather poor when uploading videos, and Youtube's many 'processing delays'...combine that with the fact that I've got to chop the larger videos up into smaller bite sized chunks (15 minutes is a wonderful benchmark both for being reliable in terms of how 'long' it takes a video to upload, plus, I notice that longer videos tend not to get as many views as shorter videos do, so there's an attention span thing there as well)...

Well, let's just say it's going to be a LOOOONG week of video uploading. The Mysterium 2014 playlist is HERE and videos will be uploaded to it as time allows. ^u^;

Once I get the last of the videos uploaded, I'll post again about things being completed, but until then, be sure to keep your eyes open for more videos as they get published! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wonderful, thank you, Calu, now the real fun begins lol, and we already get to see a 'Pancake Printer' in action haha, I've never heard of or seen something like that ... It is also great to get a better quality version and more close-up view of the 'Yiddish Esher' ... :P

I'm really looking forward to being surprised by the rest of your video collection, thanks again, Calu, for this dedicated effort for us all ... :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:09 am 
Obduction Backer

I disturbed the poor breakfast room worker by opening up the hatch at the top of the pancake printer to see how it worked... but I was at a Myst convention... and there was a strange machine... and the hatch was unlocked...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:03 am 

Too funny...of course the machine had to be messed with...but....why...was...the ...hatch...open?
You should have asked everyone's avi name as you worked the room...lol.

KI #03313934

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next