It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:11 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't think it was a bad question. But as is often the case, I think we have an incomplete understanding of the situation, and some details may be private so we may never know.

Any ban on the MOULa shard would have to be set by Cyan. Although MOULa resources are minimal, I still trust that Cyan doesn't ban without doing a bit of investigation and fact checking.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

:cry: :x This subject has already been talk to about in another thread and I think we NEED TO MOVE on what is done is done it CAN"T be changed but you guys are making a mountain out of mole here and as long as this subject stays open we end up rejecting new users and saying that URU is not a safe place, everything been talk about so Please no more dragging this out. I'm not saying things aren't in place to help people with this situation but I think we have gone over the top with this and this makes a little angry that you have not let go yet, but time to move on enjoy the game, be cautious when talking to another player if he/she does not understand some of the rules the please tell them. ONLY report it if it is continually.

Enough is Enough You may disagree but if you don't move on then your gonna fear everyone is greifer and that should not be the case just try to communicate with that person in that language if he/she needs or translator, remember you were once new users so put your self in their shoes.

There an old saying "Treat others as you wanted to be treated."

Sorry but I had to say something.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Blaming the victim or telling someone that has been harassed or abused to just suck it up and take it *is* not acceptable. Ever.
Cyberbullying and Cyberstalking is real and is a gross misdemeanor in the state of Washington.
And Cyan has no tolerance.

I know that some of you think that harassment issues are over reported. But the unfortunate reality is that it is grossly underreported. Just as in RL (real life) the number is close to 80% of the incidents are not reported.

A harassment report does not result in an immediate banning but will start an investigation. The result of the investigation may range from warnings, temporary bans, permanent bans… all the way to forwarding a report to the state authorities for criminal action.

The new harassment reporting system will make investigations much more efficient as all the information including collaborative information is all in one place.
No one should feel afraid or ashamed about submitting a report, either as the victim or as a witness. And it shouldn’t be as the last resort but as the first resort. The more information available will make the investigation easier.

Because I like to have the last word ;-) I'm locking this thread as this has been discussed many times already.

--Chogon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2