It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:36 pm 

On a personal note Tweek I am glad you are doing this.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tweek wrote:
You know what is holding up the first fan Age from getting onto the MOULa server at the moment? Some scripting for the Maintainer Nexus. That's it.. we already have MOULa compatible Ages and locations ready to go.

Hi, everyone, I just had to come in and save that great and promising line out of Tweeks extensive and very interesting statement above from being lost and vanished into oblivion ... :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:26 pm 

Identifying the hostilities and resolving them may prevent them from happening again but sometimes its better to call it all water under the bridge and donate your time to what you feel benefits you the most, in my case its the art work I do in Max.............hmm which I really should get back to, thanks for reminding me Tweek. Its always a loss when someone leaves but their is only so much you can do.

and thanks for the updates, perhaps we can get some of the others from the Gateway team to chime in and give us a bit more of an update on whats going on as far as the addition of fan ages and new content are concerned, people may be more likely to contribute if they see the progress every body has been waiting for.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

janaba1 wrote:
Tweek wrote:
You know what is holding up the first fan Age from getting onto the MOULa server at the moment? Some scripting for the Maintainer Nexus. That's it.. we already have MOULa compatible Ages and locations ready to go.

Hi, everyone, I just had to come in and save that great and promising line out of Tweeks extensive and very interesting statement above from being lost and vanished into oblivion ... :D

+1 This.

In the interest of keeping everyone informed and taking full responsibility for any fall back in productivity of late on my end, as Tweek said everything is done save for working out the scripting/GUI for the new nexus machine in the Maintainer's Nexus. I've created the bare bones of what I'll need as far as the hooksups for Max. Bit of a technical stuff there, but to be plain the script is in a place in that if someone else on the team feels that things are progressing too slow they are in a state in which I can send what I have to others on the team (Script,Max file or even the PRPs themselves) and they can pick up on the scripting and only need to touch the python side of things and not have to worry about the artistic side. Unless they feel that the GUI isn't up to the rest of the group's standards of artistic quality, and then it'll have to be edited.

At the moment the group has been relatively quiet other than Tweek. He's been busy as a racehorse and I'm thankful that he's been able to be so productive while myself and the others have not been.

I wish I could be more productive but earlier this year I lost my job so I've been looking for full time work while working part-time and have had not had the motivation to put much time into Uru till I find more stable actual work. So thats where things are, if someone else in the group felt that things need to speed up and wanted me to hand over what I've done on the Tainer' Nexus to this point I'd be okay with that, and be able to set them up so that they can just work on the script. But i think most of the programmers are busy with their own RL jobs at the moment as well.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:23 pm 

@Chloe: I understand how ya' feel, I got layed off from my library services job when the economy went bad back 2008. I then worked in several more government offices (and a college) for a while as a temp, part-time help, teaching assistant, and even a consultant for a while.

My motivation levels varied a lot during that time. Anys, hang in there, and I hope things get better for you soon!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Szark wrote:
Emor D'ni Lap wrote:
A short video of that revision, along with some further explanatory text, can be seen here: KorTiwah Demo.
I so missed this thread, shame it wasn't linked to in the other thread discussing DIRT etc.
KorTiwah is the best idea for a new Nexus I have seen, excellent work to whoever thought of it and made it.

Thanks so much for saying so, Szark...I really appreciate it!

Like Chloe, I had to set this KorTiwah project aside for awhile. In my case it was because I got about ten weeks of all-consuming freelance work that left no spare time. When that was over I promptly caught a bug that put me out of commission for a couple weeks.
Only this week am I getting caught up on my backlogged RL stuff, enough that I've been able to get back to Agebuilding.

The KorTiwah Nexus now has animations completed*. I'm well into wiring up the logic for the last steps of Age selection and linking, and have been refining the Nexus' texturing and lighting. A few close friends have been beta-testing, and we're also working on getting Vault links coded for the GUI display.

* once the basic animation has been proven, we hope to assign one of a bunch of different animations to each book, so the machine won't be doing the same "search" animation for every book!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:06 pm 

What could we do to inspire people to continue to contribute to the Cyan's MOULa when they have been waiting for new content and haven't gotten any? The Cavcon is rather low, I can't say one way or another but it seems to me that people are loosing faith that any thing is gonna be done. I see a few active members of the Gateway team where good enough to give us an update on whats going on behind the scene's, so progress is being made.

However they can only do so much, RL issues must take priority, patients is a virtue but it can only go so far. The active members of the Gateway team are doing what they can to work toward the inclusion of fan ages into Uru live again unfortunately is a slow process. More updates on the progress perhaps some preview pictures might help, but it will only help so much.

Hopefully the active members of the Gateway team will get something going before the Cavcon meeter gets to low. Cyan did say at one point that the weight is going to be placed on our shoulders so I guess its up to us to keep MOULa open long enough to give the Gateway team the opportunity to produce a gateway to adding fan ages and new content.

To be blunt the Gateway team needs time, MOULa needs to be funded, at the same time the people funding MOULa might need to see progress to continue their funding. and the Gateway team are all volunteers working on this in their spare time.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:07 pm 

Emor D'ni Lap wrote:
Szark wrote:
Emor D'ni Lap wrote:
A short video of that revision, along with some further explanatory text, can be seen here: KorTiwah Demo.
I so missed this thread, shame it wasn't linked to in the other thread discussing DIRT etc.
KorTiwah is the best idea for a new Nexus I have seen, excellent work to whoever thought of it and made it.

Thanks so much for saying so, Szark...I really appreciate it!

Credit where credit is due Emor. I cant think of a better way to handle new ages than with you came up with and it looks so cool. For me it is very in keeping with Myst as a whole.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:49 pm 

I just came back through, I'm really glad to read this thread, and I'd love to help in some way creatively. Where do I contribute? To whom should I speak? Should I just give out my twitter https://twitter.com/JamesLSarandis and go from there? I just want to make sure I don't step on someone's toes trying to help build Ages.

Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom

member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent

"I invented the term the Bevin Generation do I get a spot in Mystlore?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

No one should ever worry about stepping on anyone else's toes with agebuilding, Jadawin!
Just as with any art form, it's a wide-open field, with few restrictions.*

And new agebuilders are very much encouraged!
/me cheers

But if you want to offer assistance to the people in this small Intangibles group - who have a limited scope of tasks - maybe you could list what specific skills you'd like to contribute (and perhaps some links to examples of what you've done toward agebuilding so far). If there are individuals in this group you'd like to work with, just PM them.

*(Cyan has certain guidelines regarding re-use of their content. And obviously, it would be rude to lift some other agebuilder's concepts without authorization, whether from a completed Age or one that the artist had already described to you)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Really looking forward to this along with DIRT. I'm craving new Uru content really bad. Any news? When can we expect to start seeing all this awesome new stuff?

Still want to see all the community's great ideas implemented in a bigger, better Uru.

Edit: Just want to add, seeing as both this and DIRT are taking so long due to the projects being volunteer work, would you ever consider doing a kickstarter or some other form of crowdfunding? Assuming its legal, it could potentially totally re-ignite Uru as a game, both in the public sense and in the development sense.

That is, assuming such a thing could be legal. I'm just dying to have a fantasy MMO that doesn't suck for once. Plus, there's so much lore and story/world potential with a game like Uru. It really is the hidden gem of the industry.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:19 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I suspect that the issues that are limiting the time people can spend on new material for MOUL aren't, for the most part, the kind of things that allow you to just put money in place of doing those things - it often comes down to the fact that there just isn't enough hours in the day/week/month and offering to pay for time won't fix that. I guess we need to be just a little more patient.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
I suspect that the issues that are limiting the time people can spend on new material for MOUL aren't, for the most part, the kind of things that allow you to just put money in place of doing those things - it often comes down to the fact that there just isn't enough hours in the day/week/month and offering to pay for time won't fix that. I guess we need to be just a little more patient.

Precisely this. I have a limited amount of free time that is then broken down between personal art projects, movies/TV shows I watch, intangible projects, social/family obligations.

Add to that I am in the process of selling my house and moving which is more fun. I'm working on stuff, albeit slowly (I certainly don't want to get burned out otherwise nothing will get done).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:42 pm 

Moving Fun...depends how and where you're moving too. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:03 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I've moved home five times - there's little I could imagine that would be further removed from any definition I have of "fun". I hate moving house.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next