It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:58 am 

i recall Rand and friends saying we are getting new Content the begging on this year?

any idea what happen Cyan???

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:18 am 
Creative Kingdoms

It's great to see folks interested and checking in on progress. The answer is that real life happens in a volunteer effort. Cyan wants to see this happen too, but it's up to us, the fans.

As Mac-Fife wrote:
Mac_Fife wrote:
You need to read the last few pages of this thread - viewtopic.php?f=41&t=27359

The people doing the work are volunteers with real lives to live so timescales are not fixed and everything has to bend as things happen.

And as I wrote last year:
JWPlatt wrote:
Optimistically, "by the end of the year" has been suggested. But that is a goal - not a promise. Everyone is a volunteer with real life priorities. I hope the community can understand that and be as patient as the rock cutter.

There's a bit more about real life here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27856

Last edited by JWPlatt on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:44 pm 

After a visit to GoW pub the other day, I know the team is up to *something*, but don't have more details than that...
...I can tell you the GoMe related Restoration activities are on the back burner, as Doobes is still getting settled in, while also working on other projects.

Maybe Tweek, Hoikas, or someone else from the GoW and/or the Intangibles team might be along to provide further insights either here or at the next AGM. Sorry I don't have more info to provide to you at this time.

(/salute)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Actually I was in the process of writing an article on the Intangibles site about this.

In short, Age building takes a lot of time and work. Kadish Tolesa took Cyan 6 months to make with a full team doing it as their job. We do this in our spare time (and some of us don't have much of that) and at the moment there is only Chloe and myself actually building content.

Now personally speaking, in the last 2 months I lost my grandmother and last weekend I lost my grandfather. So working on Age building stuff has taken a bit of a back seat to everything else I've had to deal with.

I shall try to get a more lengthy response written up and posted on the Intangibles site so people can see exactly how much work goes into what we're doing and a rough calculation for how long each thing takes (for example there is a small area in Rebek which has tunnels that interconnect..modeling said tunnels took me roughly 8 hours).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sry for your recent losses... :cry:
Can you provide a link to the "intangibles site"?

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

http://intangible.grey-skies.net/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:09 am 

2 or 3 out of 18 members of the The Gateway team that I know of are currently working on the new content, I think their may still be a good chance its gonna happen but its gonna take more time then expected

My advice at this point if you really wanna see some new content is to get a few friends together and check out the shard's over at the Guild of Writers, one of them has got all the 100 plus fan created ages and their all public so you can explore it with friends, a little safari of sorts.

The GoW has a wiki page and forum that will tell you every thing you need to know

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Last edited by Karkadann on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Perhaps this will answer some questions and put things into perspective a bit more.

http://intangible.grey-skies.net/whats-taking-so-long/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

The proper question isn't "What's taking so long?" it's "What can I do to help?"

The amount of work that's being done by volunteers in their spare time is nothing less than epic. And the only thing that is doing to make it go faster is more volunteers doing needed work.

Even if you're not adept at 3d modeling, there could be things you can lend a hand on; Photographers could add to texture libraries, writers could be working on in game journals, maybe help is needed on puzzles and walkthroughs, or sound design and music. Can you code? Can you do animations? Can you texture avatars?

Are you willing to do any of these things, or learn how to do these things, and then put in the commitment and work to bring new content to MOULa? Then go over to the Guild of Writers and be a part of what's happening.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Actually it's modelers and coders that would be useful.

Sound stuff is pretty much covered, as is in game journals. Puzzle designs, well what the puzzles were to be and how they'd work is information Cyan has passed on to us. As for making them, that comes under modeling and coding again.

But the problem lies in knowledge and skill. At the risk of perhaps sounding rude, the amount of people in this community that can build for Uru and make it look on par with the stuff Cyan has built is very, very small. There used to be more, but we've lost them over the years...I don't think I need to explain how and why.

We'll get there, it's just going to take time and patience. Some of this stuff, I've been waiting 14 odd years to see/explore/play so I'm very much interested in making it work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:14 am 

Tweek wrote:
There used to be more, but we've lost them over the years...I don't think I need to explain how and why.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

George Santayana

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:23 pm 

Tweek wrote:
Perhaps this will answer some questions and put things into perspective a bit more.

http://intangible.grey-skies.net/whats-taking-so-long/
Thanks for the update Tweek, interesting read!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:59 am 

Yeah, I get the frustration. Like Tweek said, coders are the big need at the moment. Like, I'll be honest, with the stuff I've learned I can model you the bulk of an Age in an afternoon. I've got some cool garden Age ideas that really don't need much more work. I've got Cyan concepts I could easily flesh out in models and textures. The problem is that an Age is much more than what I can provide. I need sounds (ambient, machinery, music), python coding (logic scripts, puzzle coding), high-quality art (maps, paintings, murals, etc.). That's just the easy stuff. For some of the Cyan concepts, whole new parts of the engine would be required. How else do you realize a massive Age with constantly shifting obstacles and resources?

If we get help in those areas, though, I don't see anything to stop us from making tons of new content.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:49 am 

Thank you all, for the great reply's and i am sorry for your loss.