It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:53 am 

Anyone have a public twitter that can throw something at Neil Patrick Harris? He got Obduction funded, and he's a Myst fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:43 am 
Obduction Backer

I know I have been pushing Kickstarter Lately but in all honestly there have been Some GOOD games that were in the Spirit of MYST.

This last one is the closest yet. This one Truly needs assistance I am of course talking about Quern - Undying Thoughts AND They do have a Facebook Page. There are Numerous Pledge Tiers. BUT unfortunately most people seem to pledge in the 18₤ (about $27 USD) tier and below.

People if this GAME Does not make their Kickstarer we will be kicking our own backsides. YES I do have my Knickers in a Twist BUT I WANT to Play this GAME

his picture shows the activity for this game from day 3 to the present.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:53 pm 

I'm spreading the word about Quern too now. Told over 30 people about it in art communities I frequent. Also told some people on social media, my Twitter followers, etc.

I also intend to back the project.

Yes it is slowing down, and yes the backers are hesitant to commit much for the most part.

A lot of KS backers have been burned lately by game projects that went over budget, behind schedule, or otherwise proved unable to meet their goals and either released later than planned or released in a less complete form than was promised.

The Quern KS looks like the real deal though, it is already halfway done and they've got an amazing amount of presentation material. They deserve our support, as the game they're making is very much inspired by Myst and very high quality.

I really hope we can push it over the top and get it to its goal.

I know the Myst community is small, but if we could get Obduction funded (a 1.3 million project) surely a $30,000 project is something we can pull off.

As for myself, I'm self-funding my projects through freelance gigs, so I won't be diluting the fan base's efforts with another KS campaign. My current ongoing adventure-game project is also a Unity 5 based Myst-like game, and is entirely created by me. (3d Graphics, puzzles, level design, interactivity, sound design...) It looks like it'll cost me approx. $1000 by the time it is released... And about that many hours of work. But yeah, I shot off a Twitter message to the Quern team saying I appreciate their work and am very impressed with what I've seen from them, and that I know firsthand how challenging game development can be.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:58 am 
Obduction Backer

Just 'upped' my pledge a couple tiers..Hope it helps...

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:24 am 
Obduction Backer

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Not really slowing down, but definitely needs a steeper trend to make it.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:47 am 

Quern is past the $25,000 mark now, with 7 days more to go. 82% funded.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

That is well over the "stop worrying" line, according to the usual KS statistics.

On Monday, when it's officially the last week of the project, I'll tweet about it some.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:46 am 
Obduction Backer

This ... is ... so ... exciting!!! ... /cheer ... :P

I knew it all along, you have to know it, otherwise you cannot achieve anything, not really and in the long run lol, but yesterday was special, and when I went to sleep I really felt and thus knew they, and you all, all backers out there, would make it through the finishing line victoriously when I'd wake up again, and yeah, there we are ... just by a hairsbreadth by now, but the first and biggest hurdle has been taken ... :)

They now take PayPal donations too as of their latest update, they've also revealed parts of a complex puzzle, beautifully illustrated and with more awesome music, please, have a look here in case you'd be interested ... and they now have an 'Add-on System', for all who haven't seen it yet ...

So, now on to cement that victory and for the 'Stretch Goals' ... :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

yay! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:10 am 
Obduction Backer

YES - They have reached their main goal !!

BUT - They have also eliminated the first stretch goal (it is now part of the game play)(hidden books telling the background story)
Furthermore, they have also lowered the limitation for the second stretch goal (additional Game Languages)

SO THEY still need our help...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Only 10 hours left to add £ 600 and reach the 1st stretch goal (localizations)! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... g-thoughts

[url=http://myst-aventure.com][img]http://myst-aventure.com/-grover/image/sig-moul.gif[/img][/url] [url=http://ufo-3d.fr][img]http://ufo-3d.fr/ufo-3d-350x75.png[/img][/url] [url=https://polystudio.shop]PolyStudio[/url] MAhmtee Bevin KI #123057

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Congratulations!!! to the Zadbox team for a great Kickstarter campaign and to all who supported and backed this wonderful project in every way possible!!! ... :P

A big Hooray!!! goes also to our great Myst/Obduction community for playing quite a leading role on the way to that victory ... :)

And after having reached the 1st stretch goal I'd like to welcome and congratulate all French, Italian and Russian explorers to this exciting new adventure ... How wonderful it is that it can now be enjoyed by so many more people around the world, besides that it is great that the Zadbox guys will have so many more fans and thus future customers to support their future projects ... I wish you all the best of luck and success and my sincere best wishes to all explorers too, and above all much much fun and even more fun ... :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:17 am 
Obduction Backer

This final GIF shows the Pledge action from 1 July to the point of Success. The final 10 Screenshots are of the last day.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have been honored and privileged to have played both the Demo and the Alpha for The Eyes Of Ara. I have Ben Droste's (the Programmer and Developer) permission to release these two movies of my game play. I used DIVX and MP4 compression so you will need to have DIVX loaded on your system to play these 2 movies.

This game is in the early stage of development so what you see is just a teaser NOT the actual game. Again this is unfinished and a Pre-released Version of the Game.

I would suggest that you right click Demo and the Alpha and save these movies to your system, If you have a slow internet connection.
Once you have these movies saved you can open and play them (Full Screen) with either the DIVX Player or Internet Explorer.