It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: FAN-Ages realy exist
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Code:
[img]http://direct/link/to/image.jpg[/img]

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:55 am 

That's a funny topic to follow :lol:

Dulca,
Beside all the help you are getting so far... (yes clearly people want to see Alabaster. I would add "want to visit" as well :) )

... there's are something I want to address to avoid yourself getting into trouble. You have posted 6 messages so far on this forum board. The very first one is quite problematic. There are rules on this forum board and they are very strict.

How can I state that? Let's say I want to talk about a fan-age on this board, that's ok. If I want to tell people which server they must use or which hack they must use on their URU offline version, that's a no no (well... I haven't written the rules!)

So for example... I want to share with the community on this board the fact that Elodea is a great age for exploration. I would write something looking like this: "I'm inviting you to play the marvellous age of Elodea written by Dulcamara, which age can be accessed following the methods provided on the Guild of Writers' board. If you are clueless on how to make them work, ask for help on that specific forum, people over there will help you gladly."

I know, it's weird to write that as everyone saw the elephant standing in the middle of the 8 square feet room, but that way you won't get into problem

With all that said, when I'll be able to explore Alabaster? I'm languishing in here :lol:

Take care!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:05 am 

Oh oh oh :oops: :oops:
I am sooooooo stupid!
Like a elephant in Porzelan Store. :shock:
I am so sorry. :oops: :oops:

So I will again begin anew
and choose your words Annabelle
if you have nothing against it.

Quote:
Annabelle said: "I want to share with the community on this board the fact that Elodea is a great age for exploration. I'm inviting you to play the marvellous age of Elodea written by Dulcamara, which age can be accessed following the methods provided on the Guild of Writers' board. If you are clueless on how to make them work, ask for help on that specific forum, people over there will help you gladly."

That is all what i want to say.
Forget everything you have read so far.

The one with the photos I still have not really understood, but I'm working on it.

So you can imagine that it is also a lot of work to understand a Alcscript. (For me :!: :!: )
But if it works then it is wonderful.

Ok now to your question
when it is so far with Alabaster.
Now it makes a brief pause.

I just prepare an update of Elodea Mainland
and revise ElodeasTunnelgang.
After that it will go on with Alabaster.

:!: Thanks for the note Annabelle :!:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:51 pm 

Dulca,

you don't have to feel ashamed or anything. Don't down yourself, you are clearly a brilliant woman with a great creative talent and you share it with us. The only thing here, you are definitely a new member on this board and my intend was to inform you and many others (at the same time) of the rules and their tightness. :)

There was a time when we could still talk of some other shards here but since some were forbidden and some were ok, and people were all mixed up, Cyan then took the decision to make them all forbidden. It's all legal stuff here; Cyan is not the only company involved in URU:CC and MOUL.

What would be the best for you is to go back to your initial post and edit it so all the references are removed. You can always ask someone of trust who is fluent in German to help you out in PM because they won't be able to tell those informations in public, Christian would be a great choice.

------

For posting pictures now,
I could recommend you to use the same picture hosting service that I'm using: HostingPics, they are complete free, they are reliable, you can choose the size of the image right before uploading them to their servers, you can make them private. Just keep everything from the BBcode IMG (in brackets) up to the second BBcode /IMG (in brackets)

------

For my question,
my intention was to kid you, I have plenty of projects on my side so I'm certainly not languishing :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Annabelle wrote:
There was a time when we could still talk of some other shards here but since some were forbidden and some were ok, and people were all mixed up, Cyan then took the decision to make them all forbidden.

That's not true; you can talk about Minkata, Gehn and other shards that are based on the user downloading MOUL from Cyan. And, AFAIK, you can talk about shards that use "other methods;" you just can't talk about the "other methods" used to access them if those methods are illegal.

tl;dr: Okay to talk about shards; not okay to talk about Drizzle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:38 pm 

DropBox is more about file sharing than image sharing. Flickr is primarily photo sharing. They make it easy to share images as a link or embed them in blogs, various social media (Twitter, etc), or as BBCode. The later being what is needed here. Plus Flickr holds the images for a really long time. Plus they provide size options. Clicking the image takes you to larger versions of the image.

Select what and where to share and it is copy paste.

Devokan Sunset – SL 2009 by Nalates Urriah, on Flickr

Example Code:
Code:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/6owpsY][img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3565/3536679048_9403064291_z.jpg?zz=1[/img][/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/6owpsY]Devokan Sunset – SL 2009[/url] by Nalates Urriah, on Flickr

On Flickr you can also control your copyright level and limit how things are shared. Flickr will not show the sharing code if all rights are reserved. So, it is quick and easy to decide which images made by others you can share.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:31 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
Annabelle wrote:
There was a time when we could still talk of some other shards here but since some were forbidden and some were ok, and people were all mixed up, Cyan then took the decision to make them all forbidden.

That's not true; you can talk about Minkata, Gehn and other shards that are based on the user downloading MOUL from Cyan. And, AFAIK, you can talk about shards that use "other methods;" you just can't talk about the "other methods" used to access them if those methods are illegal.

tl;dr: Okay to talk about shards; not okay to talk about Drizzle.

You have to consider that it wasn't ok until Hannah changed her mind about it...

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Hannah clearly edited her own post. But when I saw the original, it was saying: "Do not talk about other shards on MOULa forum."

So for me the rule was quite clear (at the time). Now when has she changed her mind about it ?!? I don't know, her edition is not dated. At the thing with me is that I remember small piece of information and who wrote it and when they did. After she edited the last post of that topic I never returned back. She should have had deleted her last post and reposted it immediately with her change. That way it would have had appeared on the "View new posts" page which is the only way I'm navigating through this board :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Annabelle wrote:
You have to consider that it wasn't ok until Hannah changed her mind about it...

No, it was always okay and that didn't change just because she had a momentary lapse in judgement. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:14 am 
Creative Kingdoms

That's right. I sent a note to Ryan (Greydragon) on behalf of the open source effort, OpenUru.org, and our Minkata test shard when I saw that post and he probably provided an internal clarification. I do wish as well that there had been a follow up post to prevent further confusion like this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:33 am 

Tai'lahr wrote:
No, it was always okay and that didn't change just because she had a momentary lapse in judgement. :wink:

Well... anyway that's not so important. I stand corrected now :) . I would have been corrected long before if I had posted more stuff or read every subjects (I might have read 10% of all the posts) on this board since September last year. Because for me it was quite clear.

What reinforced my opinion about it too is the lack of topic pertaining to such accepted MOULa code-based shards such as the Minkata Testing shard.

I've looked at the posts on the main topic of that shard and apart a brief revival moment in late January 2015 started by rarified (I was surely frozen, the winter we "suffered" was one of a kind!... I never saw those posts), there were no posting between September 2014 and today.

I won't add more on the subject, you all got my point of view and we are using Dulcamara's topic on a whole different subject to do so. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:59 pm 

While we're talking about fan ages, I am in the process of writing a series of ages. I'll release new chapters in the series periodically, starting with the first one, "Age II," in the next couple of months. Yes, I am as cold and heartless as Gehn, and I number my ages instead of naming them. I'm working on some backstory as well, so stay tuned!

A separate project that I actually intend to start now is my long-planned Edward Tyndale age project, following a talented writer's story. The big difference between these two projects is that one would be called a writing project, and the other a restoration project. I intend to release this entire pack at once, so it will probably take awhile (read "years"), as I take the time to learn more about age creation. However, I'll make sure to release pictures and updates on both projects, so, again, stay tuned!

The USRD lives!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:29 pm 

The Guild of Writers has a DevART page where pics of all of the Gehn Shard ages and certain other ones can be seen.

http://dni-guild-of-writers.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

There’s also the GoW wiki Gallery. Someone has updated it quite recently :wink:

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

You've expanded your gallery again, Afalstein, and your presentations are beautiful and got so many views on DeviantArt already, this is great ... :P

As for the GoW Wiki and as I've said already on the GoW forums, it is really wonderful that the GoW now has a complete gallery of all created and all available and explorable fan ages ... A big Kudos, thumbs up and applause for this diligent, silent busy bee (Korovev) for an awesome job well done ... :D