It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:15 am 

Hello everyone! :mrgreen: I am new here and just wanted to say hi and introduce myself and stuff. So um I have been a huge fan of MYST for...well forever. I was only 7 years old when the first one came out, so as you can probably imagine I didn't figure it out without extensive help from my dad and older brother. Actually we kind of all played the game together. It was a lot of fun working with my family to solve all the puzzles and unlock the story of MYST. As time went by my dad bought me the other MYST games. 1 through 5. I have played and loved all of them. Several times even, because over time I forget the puzzles and I get to play again and experience the wonderful story over again. I hadn't really heard of MO:UL until after it was taken off line. I actually heard that it wasn't very good, but I was still curious and upset that I never got to try it for myself. Recently I did get URU Complete Chronicles on Steam and I just finished it. I really enjoyed it. It is different from all the other MYST games, but it is still a lot of fun and has beautiful scenery, and intriguing puzzles. I wanted to experience URU Live though so that I could share my love of all things MYST with others who love it as much as I do.

The only problem is it seems the account creation is down so I might have a problem there. :cry:

Well anywhos I look forward to meeting everyone and making some new friends.

The ending can never truly be written

Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:04 am 

T'ori might be able to help, but you'll have to send her an PM or an email.
Sorry I'm not or more assistance...I will try to post here next time a New Explorer tour is set.

(/salute)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:07 am 

That's ok thanks for helping! ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:56 am 

Well I am now happily exploring the caves! Thanks to everyone who helped me out. If you want to find me in URU my character name is River Morningstar.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Your name sounds familiar, so i may have seen you in Ae'gura!

Anyways, welcome to MOULa!

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:08 pm 

Indeed, welcome Sundrop! :)

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:38 pm 

Could I also take the opportunity to introduce myself? :D I recently got interested in the whole Cyan universe once again, through helping fund Obduction, and I've started reminiscing about the Myst franchise for the first time in many, many years. I played Myst, Riven and Myst III when they first came out, and I even remember loving the original Hypercard stack of The Manhole back in the 1980s. Just a few days ago I discovered that I had (now unusable) installations of Myst IV and V on my Mac, which I have barely any recollection of playing - I don't think I finished either of them. Yes, life has a habit of getting in the way.

The one bit of the Myst franchise that I never got involved in was Uru. I think I was put off by the advertised MMO side of the thing - I have never to this day played an MMO game. But having watched Sven Groot's walkthroughs, I think I'd like to dabble in Uru using what little free time I have, to see how much headway I can make.

Once I manage to persuade someone to give me a login, I'm going to try to get Uru Live running on my Mac. Does anyone have any tips? I've glanced at the tutorial and it would seem that Wineskin is my best bet, but any specific advice for OS X El Capitan would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Richard

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Shorah re17 and welcome to the Uru Community. I hope you're able to easily install Uru and begin exploring the cavern soon.

You might find some useful information in the thread, How to install Myst Online: Uru Live on Mac OS X (and Linux). If you have issues and can't find a solution there, you can start a new thread in the Technical Discussion section to ask about about your specific issue. Be sure to include details about your system.