It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:52 pm 

Hi, everyone.

I have Windows 7 on a 3-year-old computer, 32GB of RAM, Nvidia GTX960 4GB graphics card. MOUL used to work well on this. GW2 runs fine, Second Life, various other games.

Windows 10 decided to install itself. I tried to stop it but was too late, and the computer wouldn't boot at all. I removed the system drive and copied its files to a backup, and then reinstalled Windows 7. The computer works fine now but I get only errors when trying to run MOUL.

I downloaded and installed the correct DLL files, I believe. I no longer get the DLL error, but soon after trying to run the program I get an error box called "UruExplorer.exe - Application error"
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

Can anyone offer some suggestions for how to get this working?

MOUL runs from my E: spinning drive, where it has always been. Boot drive is the C: SSD. Nothing has changed on the E: drive, so I'm guessing there's a missing bit on the boot drive.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:28 am 

Error 0x7b is ERROR_INVALID_NAME, "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.", which means that something is wrong with a file path used by MOULa. This might simply be something that wasn't updated during your manual backup/restore, perhaps running the MOULa installer again will help?
I recommend using the Cyan Worlds Downloader - it's very small as it only contains the patcher, which then downloads the rest of the game. If you install it into a new location, you might also be able to copy the data files from the old installation to skip most of the downloading.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:36 am 

If you have the Myst online-Uru live icon on your desktop right click it / properties / compatibility tab / run as windows 7 and do do forget last line "Prililege Level" / tick "Run as an administrator".

When you first start the game the installer might ask you to install AGEIA PhysX if not found on your programs' list.

Edit:

Make certain that you do "not" use the old "UruLauncher.exe".
A new one can be found in the Uru Live folder in the Program Files (x86) or wherever you find find the new installation.

Good luck.

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:00 pm 

I ended up removing all traces of Uru from the system and starting over. Other ideas didn't work. I downloaded from the link provided, then had to go get the various DLL files, and then set the launcher to run as Administrator. The hints and clues were in various places here.

It's all working now. Thank you for the tips.