It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:12 am 
Obduction Backer

For the record, I just created a support ticket with Cyan. I assume they are aware of the issue but am hoping we can get a response out of them. I am not optimistic they can/will do anything. We know what the problem is but it doesn't look like the community techs have the free cycles to do anything right now.

KI # 00009577

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for the record, and the ticket.

/?t - "jukebox"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:10 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

TCB The Scar wrote:
AdamJohnso wrote:
BS
What "BS" means?
It means poutrew has been told some rubbish that simply is not true.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ah OK, thanks.

/?t - "jukebox"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Unless Microsoft make a change (very unlikely) on a future update, the community will have to fix it. As I stated in an earlier post, the problem will intensify as people move from Win 7 to new Win 10 machines. Better keep those Win 7 machines running as long as you can. You can also stay on Win 10 1703 but Microsoft will eventually stop supporting it.

Edited to remove support post as per Cyan policy. Any post regarding this issue will come from Cyan directly and not through a support request.

KI # 00009577

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:41 am 

Mac_Fife wrote:
TCB The Scar wrote:
AdamJohnso wrote:
BS
What "BS" means?
It means poutrew has been told some rubbish that simply is not true.

I hope you're right, Mac. Because it would mean the good folks at Cyan know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it. Since I use exclusively a trackball to navigate the game, as of now it is a really miserable experience to move in anything but a straight line... :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:13 am 

@ poutrew

Quote:
Re: Riven: save game and load saved game bug

Postby Artic_Wagon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:38 pm
Thank you for the response Magic88889.

I was only wishing for an easy fix for new players (not computer genius) to get acquainted with older Cyan games they could have been given by older members of their family or friends. (I no longer have my old windows XP pc)

If CYAN won't care why should I. :shock:

Artic Wagon salutes you.

I have sorry but Cyan's forums will not link me to my post (even if I click the little white box) It looks like if they more interested in planning their 401K than helping their fans. :shock:

The thread page 1:
http://forums.cyan.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1390

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:13 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

poutrew wrote:
Because it would mean the good folks at Cyan know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it.
Strictly speaking, Cyan don't really "support" MO:ULa, at least not in the conventional sense. They host the game and maintain the server side of things but don't really have any resources for client side bug fixes nowadays (Chogon is about the only one and he has other business) so they are by and large the domain of interested community developers. And they're thin on the ground too. Adam has identified the problem, finding the time to do something about it is probably another matter. And even then there'll be a bit more of a delay before Cyan can incorporate any fix into their build.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

I know it is real easy to think that Cyan is this big company with lots of people to work on all kinds of stuff. But the reality is that there are less people at Cyan than you can count on your fingers and toes. And BTW, there is no 401K, too many up and down cycles. The game industry is not a very secure place to work. Personally, I have not been a Cyan employee for the last ten years.

After all that said… Mac is right. It will be up to the fine fan developers to create a fix for MOULa. As for Uru:CC, once a MOULa fix is found, I will try to find the final Uru:CC sources (easier said than done) and try to retrofit the changes from MOULa. No guarantees.

—Chogon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:54 am 
Obduction Backer

I think Chogon and I are in the same boat here. It is difficult to find time for nonpaying work when the amount of paying work is so high a show dog can't jump over it. Chogon's row is a bit more difficult to hoe because he's in a sink or swim business. I'm in the public education sector, which has its own share of chaos. I do understand that the mouse issue is frustrating because I see it on my build of Windows 10 as well. It's very difficult to combat problems that were introduced by the OS itself, so please be patient. If no one else addresses this issue, it will probably be June before I can give it any kind of serious thought. Assuming I don't have to add a new field to my teacher certification entirely over the summer...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:58 am 

Chogon wrote:
Personally, I have not been a Cyan employee for the last ten years.

And you still deal with this kinda stuff plus any Intangibles/open source biz? My hat is off to you, sir!

Folks, the mouse may be messed up for now, but I have faith in our programmer friends. When they get the time, they'll do what they can. Either that or Microsoft may miraculously (or more likely inadvertently) fix the problem on their end.

In the meantime, the keyboard still works just fine. It's not ideal, but I can "limp" by with it...certainly enough to where I won't feel the need to rage-quit the game. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Artic_Wagon wrote:
@ poutrew

Quote:

If CYAN won't care why should I. :shock:

Artic Wagon salutes you.

I have sorry but Cyan's forums will not link me to my post (even if I click the little white box) It looks like if they more interested in planning their 401K than helping their fans. :shock:

Just in case you hadn't noticed, Cyan laid off their entire art team yesterday. Not easy to be a game developer with no art team. Things must be very VERY tight.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:37 am 
Obduction Backer

Having to use the keyboard because the mouse doesn’t work is still better than being unable to solve Gahreesehn over a high-latency connection (without workarounds). Yet I never felt the need to make a drama out of it, though :roll:

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Acorn1 wrote:
Just in case you hadn't noticed, Cyan laid off their entire art team yesterday. Not easy to be a game developer with no art team. Things must be very VERY tight.

:shock: Wait – no, I hadn’t noticed, where do you notice such things? – simultaneously announcing a new game and laying off the team that should presumably make said game? How does that go together?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:31 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Either the art is done, or you can't run through the brick wall of funding without greater damage. The announcement can serve as a strategic attraction for more funding to get the art team back. Like a Kickstarter, but it looks like Cyan is taking a different approach this time.

Last edited by JWPlatt on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next