It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:47 am 

I got a notice tonight when trying to enter the Cavern ..(game) that MOUL URU had reset my video card to default settings which is nonsense.

My video card works just fine on very demanding games and my system is fine too. It is the first time i have seen such a strange message..has the game been hacked? my system has now blocked URU from trying to mess with my settings thankfully and i wanted to report this. Hope it can get fixed

thanks

CrisGer

"We Build Worlds"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:15 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

No reason I'm aware for that to happen. Only thing I can think of is if your settings file maybe became corrupt/unreadable and Uru defaulted to basic settings as a result.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:30 am 

Hmm what video card do you have? I would Google "[video card name] game resets card to default settings" and see what comes up.

I have never head of this either. If it happends again try hitting Contrl + C to copy the exact text of the dialog here.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:01 am 
Obduction Backer

Jamie Marchant wrote:
Hmm what video card do you have? I would Google "[video card name] game resets card to default settings" and see what comes up.

I have never head of this either. If it happens again try hitting Contrl + C to copy the exact text of the dialog here.

I, (and a couple of others, I believe) have experienced a Graphics reset over the last 3 days....and concurrent with some universal KI issues (commonly shared by all) and certain Bot (Magic Bot) demise issues for me and others. The usual Tori Server Reset is eagerly anticipated. Some of us have improved the KI Issue (temporarily ?) by quitting and re-logging; this seems to free up some Bot use consequences too. Basically the KI issue seems as if the cyan server has lost the correct location coordinates of many avies. It remains to be seen if the server reset fixes the KI issues.

But the Video card reset has a different solution, I suggest. I experienced it with a (temporary) white flashcard advising me that my graphics (Card ?) had just defaulted to it's lowest settings; and the MOUL graphics looked awful. Quitting and re-logging MOUL made no difference. At first I presumed that the Card might have defaulted from Heat stress protection, but other PC program displays were all normal.

That took me back to MOUL and I pulled up the in-game Tool Box, (bottom right Screen click) and opened the "Graphics Settings" Box, to find that "Resolution" was now :shock: set at "800x600" (pixels) having a screen ratio of "[4:3]": No wonder it looked so bad.

My Monitor Display screen ratio is [5:4] measured with a tape. So the challenge was to use the "Resolution" Toolbox selectible slider and pick and set the highest pixel resolution that also supported a screen ratio of [5:4]. Turned out to be "1280x1024 [5:4]", and we are back in business :mrgreen:. And the root cause was probably a desperate server....or an internet glitch :roll:

Hope this helps...

Hi All !!.....Myst'ya !.....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:22 pm 

MOULa and URU seem to reset to the lowest setting(to be on the safe side) when you install a new graphics card. This also happens when new graphics drivers are installed. These can be installed over automatic updates. Large Windows 10 updates(where the build number changes) also reinstall the drivers. I would not worry about that.

There has been a server reset recently, is your Ki problem fixed?

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

This may be related to the connection issue that happened the other day. The DB cache may have become corrupted. With this all cleared out now, your settings should be what is actually in the DB.

Tor'i

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:08 am 
Obduction Backer

Tor'i wrote:
This may be related to the connection issue that happened the other day. The DB cache may have become corrupted. With this all cleared out now, your settings should be what is actually in the DB.

Tor'i

Many Thanks Tori, things are looking Great !....only one odd thing...an EU avie didn't show up on my KI list in Aegura until I stumbled across him outside Kadish Gallery...May have arrived from inside Kadish Gallery, with some delay, perhaps.

The screen resolution is perfect, with same correct settings:))

This might be a good time to mention one screen display error that may haunt some or all of us, and appeared way back with some GOW updates, I believe. When I use any Telescope, it appears full with a dark surround that frames the view: If I take a KI-Pic of it, the dark frame seems to be registered from the top left corner, but has grown in size and obscures much of the Picture, rendering the KI-Pic useless.

My take is that someone has hard copied the dark surround to fit someone's else's longer or larger screen Ratio Monitor. Dunno. But it might be another example of mis-referencing the Tool box Resolution settings.

It occurs to me that incorrect Toolbox settings (wrong screen ratio) could also cause other individual issues.....and just before this reset, Avie luan was falling thru her Gahreesen Island rock and when taking the elevator. (I shared my age instead and we skipped the elevator with my last cloth and she then completed the age successfully..all before the reset)..... I am unable to say if this is one of those issues.

Many Thanks !!

Hi All !!.....Myst'ya !.....