It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:31 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:15 am 

Hey all,

I played URU and all of its expansions as soon as they were released. However, when Ubisoft pulled the multiplayer, I quit playing. Well imagine my surprise (and excitement) when I came across a GameTap add advertising Myst Online: URU Live. After reading over the boards, I have a few questions.

I understand that you have to download the program and have a GameTap account. Will we also have to replay the entire game that we already played in the retail versions, or will the new game start at where those left off? Also, will our character information be stored on the server or will it be stored locally. I ask because I would like to be able to play from multiple computers (gotta find something to do at work). Anyway, I would appreciate any answers, and look forward to seeing you all in game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, you will start out from the beginning, but the beginning has changed slightly (for the better) from URU.

And yes, the game state is stored on Cyan's server, so you can play on as many computers as you want. And yes, it is handy to have something interesting to do at work. :lol:

Ki #782729

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:22 am 

Tofer wrote:
And yes, the game state is stored on Cyan's server, so you can play on as many computers as you want. And yes, it is handy to have something interesting to do at work. :lol:

Actually the Oracle database and the game servers are located at AOL. Cyan is hosting the file server (for updates) and the auth server.

To wurdmann:
The current beta of Myst Online : URU Live (MOUL) has nothing new for you. Today the ages of ABM and To D'ni are available. We are hoping to see some new stuff in the next days as Christmas present.

In the future new ages will be available monthly. Existing ages may be changed daily.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:05 am 
Obduction Backer

Tiran wrote:

To wurdmann:
The current beta of Myst Online : URU Live (MOUL) has nothing new for you. Today the ages of ABM and To D'ni are available. We are hoping to see some new stuff in the next days as Christmas present.

In the future new ages will be available monthly. Existing ages may be changed daily.

This is not TECHNICALLY true.. while MOUL currently does not have any new ages or areas to visit, there is a new storyline in its very beginnings right now.

Like he said though, after launch the idea will be to have new ages monthly and smaller changes made on a weekly and daily basis.

(Already since the launch of the new beta last week Cyan has done SOMETHING daily.. whether it be returning imagers or having a character show up spontaneously for a chat, something has occured everyday since the 20th now.)