It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:21 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:25 pm 

Dan'nee wrote:
You know, this guy joined just to day to make one post dissing Uru Live? And he didn't even say anything about Uru Live in particular? My guess is spam bot, but either way, I'm going to ignore it.

Yes you'right man! That "invisible swordsman" is sending this stuff to all Windows based software sites I guess! Consider it spam. And we all fell in - LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:53 pm 

wccrawford wrote:
Actually, porting from a single platform to any second platform DOES make it easier to port to any third platform. It forces you to properly separate your code. The fact that OS/X is Linux-based is just a huge, huge bonus.

Mac OS X and Linux are POSIX conform OSs. OS X is using a Mach based hybrid kernel called XNU/Darwin while Linux is only the Linux kernel. Most people prefer to distinguish between GNU/Linux and GNU/HURD.

Perhaps you have mixed up the fact that Mac OS X is based on BSD, too. BSD is a familiar of free Unix OSs similar to GNU/Linux ... *tech talk*

Read wikipedia for more infos.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:54 pm 

Stevecrox wrote:
Apreantly WINE could run it however Uru is using some network protocols which are updated.

I was able to run URU on WINE but it didn't work well. Some puzzles weren't solvable under WINE. Nowadays URU requires an async io framework for high performance network application called IoCompletionPorts. WINE doesn't implement it so you can start URU.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3