It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:28 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:36 pm 

I don't know if this is possible but I have registered for Gametap and my wife and I have two separate players in Uru. Would it be technically possible for each of us to login via separate computers but to play as separate players? it would be great (or really sad) if the both of us could play at the same time but we really can't afford or other than something like Uru have a need to have two seperate gametap accounts. If not do you think they could do something like AOL does have have seperate users on one account?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

In Gametap, you can set up a subaccount with it's own user name and password. Then the second person can log on using his or her username and password. If you want have them to use another computer log on the other computer and download the Gametap software and game software. The only problem with this is they will have to start with a new avatar. You won't be able to use the avatar from the other account. They probably have to use another game name for their avatar, because the other one is already taken. But the advantage of this is you both can play at the same time. Solve the puzzles togeather. It makes good family fun.

I believe this is the way it works. If I am wrong, please someone correct me. But I am sure this is the way it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:58 pm 

gnorke wrote:
They probably have to use another game name for their avatar, because the other one is already taken.

They can also delete the avatar and recreate it under their new account. I can't think of a way for the two to play simultaneously without one having to restart. You could try PMing Greydragon to see if an avatar can be moved to another account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah,

I believe you all are correct. I contacted GameTap and they told me that I can set up subaccounts and the any 2 can play at the same time. So I set up a subaccount with it's own GameTap credentials and had my wife log on and download GameTap. She was able to log on and play at the same time I was on. She did however start her avatar from scratch and the name she wanted was not taken. If you have questions, remember you can contact GameTap, they were very helpful to me.

Hope this helps,

Golden Wedge
"Best, guarantees different"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]