It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:59 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:09 am 

While I have to admit, the topic does sound strange...but look what I found while digging deep into the place we call the internet...

http://www.emurade.com/images/rumors/unknown/speedboat.jpg

Mmhh hmm, an offical drawing of a "D'ni Speedboat." Now call me crazy, but that thing is just BEGGING to be driven at high speeds across the lake outside of Kerath's Arch! Imagine being able to skim across the waters as you and a few other friends race against one another on course's made of markers!

We all know that the code does actually exsist within the current URU to allow the usage of vehicles...so this might not actually be to far off...I personally, think this would be just awesomely fun!

I'm just not sure if the server could handle this kind of thing, lol...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:19 am 

Heh, that thing seems to be crafted out of pure Er'cana. I guess that's the standard D'ni technology look. :)

I think we've all had dreams of taking a boat out onto the lake... and I think if Uru stays strong for long enough, we'll be able to do it some day. I'm sure it's something Cyan would love to give us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:32 am 

This D'ni speedboat is a Stephan Martinière (unused) art concept created while he was working for Cyan, on the ABM project, many years ago.

I have been dreaming of riding one for a long time...
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 6431004873

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:30 pm 

Awesome!

Aye, I couldn't rememebr just WHERE I dug it up from, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Anubislg wrote:
We all know that the code does actually exsist within the current URU to allow the usage of vehicles...

Erm... we do? I didn't know of this... unless you're talking about the Er'cana train, which is A LOT different from actually driving a vehicle (you just stand on a moving "platform")...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:26 pm 

in ABM there's an easter egg where you can drive Zandi's trailer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:40 am 

I'm not sure a steerable speed-boat would fit into the theme of 'URU explorers' but I did enjoy the image of the boat...really cool and URU like.

Here's an idea for a boat tho that I was kicking around:
A double decker ferry (pre-programmed route) for a inner harbor ride "offering spectalar views of Ae'gura" that can act as a platform for celebration, reflection and dance. I personally want to see what it all looks like from the water looking up towards the great zero and stairs, the concert hall & library, and the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:58 am 
Obduction Backer

beautiful!

looks like it owuld have some issues getting momentum up to its full speed, and once it got going it would be really powerful

but how do you stop that thing? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Stevecrox wrote:
in ABM there's an easter egg where you can drive Zandi's trailer

The easter egg method worked for a while in MOUL as well. But of course the clues to it are not in this game. It may still work even.

You can reach Zandi's trailer in the desert, start the engine but the blasted thing won't drive. I guess it hasn't been wired up to the new physics engine yet.

More Uru concept art can be found at Martiniere's official gallery page. I suggest the removal of the link to the ripped image in the first post. Artists tend to be rather copyright sensitive. You can use this link instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:38 am 

D'Lanor wrote:
The easter egg method worked for a while in MOUL as well. But of course the clues to it are not in this game. It may still work even.

You can reach Zandi's trailer in the desert, start the engine but the blasted thing won't drive. I guess it hasn't been wired up to the new physics engine yet.

Yep, I tried it just a few minutes ago and it still works. And yes, you can only get so far as starting the engine; it won't move. Here are a couple of screenshots...

[spoiler=Zandi driving his trailer...]...but the wheels have fallen off! :shock:
Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler=After starting the engine]Something interesting I found, was that if you press F1, you will switch to 1st person view in the location you were standing before touching the trailer. Then when you switch back, your avatar will be visible. (Note my avatar standing just to the right of the trailer)
Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:36 am 

Perhaps, instead of using the nexus to get to Keraths Arch, You could take a speedboat from the docks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:21 am 

toadfan wrote:
Perhaps, instead of using the nexus to get to Keraths Arch, You could take a speedboat from the docks?

Well, I don't know about a speedboat, but there will be a ferry someday. That's what the Ferry Terminal is for, after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:50 am 

Location: In the dark, behind you. With the glowsticks in my nose.
Tesseract wrote:
toadfan wrote:

Well, I don't know about a speedboat, but there will be a ferry someday. That's what the Ferry Terminal is for, after all.

However, it never struck me that the D'ni were ever in any hurry to get anywhere or anything done. I'd always imagined them more a rowboat/gondola society than monster transport via "double decker ferries".
Assuming the lake is a semi-closed system, having such highly industrial transportation sounds like it would do more damage to the lake than not.
/shrug iono.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:46 am 

How do you try the trailer drive?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]