It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:36 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:43 am 

Shorah!

I like to start a discussion about the Guild of Writers and fill you in with information from 'us'. 'We' are members from various groups that are dedicated to age creation and age creation tools for a long time. Some of us started in 2004 when Prologue was shut down and before Until Uru was available much later. We are interested in assisting and guiding the creation process of the Guild of Writers because we have an interested to get things done right using the proper way. However we are neither interested to rule the GoW nor do we want to create an elitist group for our own purpose. Rumors that we want to rule the world are greatly exaggerated. :P

Mission statements

I've given some thoughts how to create or boot strap the Guild of Writers. The ideas are purely my own ideas and may not be shared by other members of our group.

Phase 0: Find a suitable location to discuss the boot strapping process. Some people have suggested to use http://uruguilds.org/uruguilds/ but I like to wait until Greydragon has decided if Cyan is going to provide us with discussion groups here at http://www.mystonline.com/forums/. The user base is much larger, this is the official forum and one doesn't have to wait until the administrator has approved the account.

Phase 1: Discuss and define common goals and rules for the GoW. I like to get into this topic later.

Phase 2: Discuss everything with the DRC/Cyan and get approval and acknowledgement from official side.

Phase 3: Build the infrastructure: web site, membership, vote for official representative aka Guild Masters

Phase 4: Get in touch with the Guild of Maintainers to establish communication channels.

Phase 5: Create ages :)

Common goals

* The main goal of the GoW is to provide all means and the infrastructure for age creators and tool developers. The GoW must focus on making the age creation process for every interested user as easy as possible. We don't want the GoW to become a discussion group about cavern politics.

* In order to assist people in the age creation process the GoW provides an infrastructure including a discussion area (forum), a wiki or similar for tutorials, howtos and documentation, download section for tools, seperate areas for each age creation team, a subversion repository for collaborated development, a bug tracker for tools and ages etc.

* The GoW membership is open for everybody but in order to apply for membership people have to show that they are interested in becoming an active member. We don't like to have hundreds of dead accounts around. We don't want to decide the rules yet but we have some ideas:

o Everybody can become a supporter. Supporters have access to the public areas of the forum and other resources like wiki and tools.
o A supporter can apply for membership. The supporter becomes a Guild Cadet and works together with other guild members on an age, tool or other age related stuff.
o After a while the Guild Cadet promoted to Guildsman / Guildswoman. The time depends on the quality and amount of work e.g. show us a fully working age and you'll get instant membership. 8)
o The GoW is governed by five Guild Masters. The guild master are purely representative and act as liaison between the GoW, the other guilds and the DRC/Cyan.

Important

We (the group of age builders) don't want to set the rules alone! In fact most of us aren't interested to apply for the Guild Master position. We welcome everybody to work towards the common goal. It doesn't matter if you are new to the cavern or working on Uru ages for years. Don't hesitate and get involved.

The GoW is NOT for coders only. You don't need to be a Python or C++/C# developer. In order to produce high quality ages we need all sorts of people from 3d object creators over designers to story writers and puzzle creators. We need musicians to create sound effects and music and artists to get the lights and colors right. Age creation is team work!

Please read the Age Creation FAQ about age creation and H'uru: http://blog.hurustudio.org/age-creation-faq-info/

[KI again #01792364]| |

Last edited by Tiran on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:02 am 

Guild of Writers contacts:
Paradox
Tiran
Robert The Rebuilder
AdamJohnso

The above people are working to lay a secure and stable foundation for the Guild of Writers. They have no interest in leading the Guild when it is formed, nor do they wish to hold positions of great authority. As I said: working to get the Guild *set up*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:05 am 

The Assembly of Guilds would like to offer you our forums in the attempt to centralize the emerging Guild structure. Even if you guys don't plan on using it for the long term, we're happy to accomodate you for however long you'd like. I've created a forum specifically for you guys to use:

Feel free to use it however you like. I'd like to see all the currently forming Guilds to stick together as a group, and I hope you guys will choose the Assembly of Guilds to do that. Think of it like a virtul Guild Hall. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:01 am 

I forgot to mention an important point. Personally I like to see all guilds to be a voting Meritocracy. Membership in the guild should (in my humble opinion) be decided on the merit of the member. The position should be based on the merit as well but also voted upon. It benefits those members who are investing their free time and money for others and IMO fair, too.

[KI again #01792364]| |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:43 am 
Obduction Backer

[post deleted by Dovahn]

Last edited by Dovahn on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:23 pm 

[KI again #01792364]| |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Last edited by Dovahn on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:31 pm 

Last edited by MattyQ on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:36 pm 

Hey there, I also support the Guild of Writers. This is a great idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:00 pm 

[KI again #01792364]| |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:30 pm 

[KI again #01792364]| |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:47 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next