It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:47 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:42 pm 

A brief, fleeting thought I had...

It's pretty much decided that the intended future of the Writers Guild is meant to be for Age-creation. I'm also assuming it's going to be a collaborative effort.

Obviously, we can't build Ages right now, for many reasons. But what can we do to initiate that process in the meantime? How can we participate in some proactive waiting?

One of the keys to creating quality Ages is concept-- or target-- art. It's best to get an idea of the look, feel, and structural design of an Age before you start building it. (Trust me.) Creating an Age without first having a piece of target artwork of some kind is like trying to put a car in an assembly line and design it as you go along without knowing what the car will look like when you're done. That's generally not going to produce a quality vehicle.

We all have some great ideas for Ages, right? We talk about them constantly. Some of us have the artistic ability to sketch those Ages onto paper, however that's done, whether you're using photoshop or you're drawing a map in the back of your notebook in math class.

I think it's time we start sharing concept art with each other and initiate the flow of creative juices between potential Writers. We can't make Ages in Uru yet, but until we can, why don't we decide now what kind of Ages we like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:45 pm 

You can build Ages right now actually, they work perfectly with PotS or CC.

Unfortunately the tools aren't available yet to export them using MOUL's format; but any Ages built for the offline game should easily be converted to MOUL.

http://alcugs.almlys.org/ - ALCUGS Age Building resources

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:56 pm 

I agree that concept arts and story boards are important for the initial design of an age. But I think that is is too early to discuss the mattern now. I like to create the foundation and basic concepts of the GoW first. Once the GoW is running we can discuss the next steps.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:22 pm 

paradox wrote:

Unfortunately the tools aren't available yet to export them using MOUL's format; but any Ages built for the offline game should easily be converted to MOUL.

WOW thats good news
Not long ago this was posted elsewhere in the forum

Quote:
And even if you decide to use Pyprp tool and make your age "URU prime" compatible i'm sure Cyan can port it in to MOUL if your age is interesting enough.
(and if you have URU ABM/URU CC you can bugtest your age in the singel play with the help of uru library manager befor sending it to Cyan)

With the reply
Quote:
The currently available tools based on pyPRP are outdated.

and at the end
Quote:

Personally I highly doubt that Cyan is going to have time porting your age to the new code base.

So should we use the old tools and learn or should we wait for the new set of tools to arrive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:26 pm 

Of course, there are already good artists that can do that and there's even a new Guild that will be centered around ideas and concepts for ages.
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... uild+ideas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:40 pm 

Lmf wrote:
paradox wrote:

WOW thats good news
Not long ago this was posted elsewhere in the forum

Quote:
And even if you decide to use Pyprp tool and make your age "URU prime" compatible i'm sure Cyan can port it in to MOUL if your age is interesting enough.
(and if you have URU ABM/URU CC you can bugtest your age in the singel play with the help of uru library manager befor sending it to Cyan)

With the reply
Quote:
The currently available tools based on pyPRP are outdated.

and at the end
Quote:

Personally I highly doubt that Cyan is going to have time porting your age to the new code base.

So should we use the old tools and learn or should we wait for the new set of tools to arrive?

The tools being developed right now by the H'uru Team are compatible with PyPRP and there is planned support for MOUL's code-base (of course we can't do anything with this until Cyan gives us permission).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]