It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Misconceptions, Hooo!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

I wanted to clear up a few bits of data running amuck, before they got too ugly :)

The D'net didn't close because of the Guild of Messengers, although it was, in a way, a casualty. The D'net was down to just me, and on its last legs long before the Guilds were announced. When they were, I had to find an IC response (the 'press conference') and an OOC one (the job openings)

I was hoping that the Guild announcement would spark people's interest in helping out. That's why I held the press conference and had job openings posted, rather than just closing directly. Unfortunately, people's energies moved to organizing the GoM, rather than applying for the D'net.

Since I can only juggle 40 things at once, not 42 ( :wink: ) I had to let the D'net be done. And my not stepping up to help the GofMess (*SNERK*) now is because I need to avoid serious burnout, not because I think it sucketh, or anything like that.

I do have some IC plans that may seem like the D'net blaming the DRC for their closure, but that doesn't apply to any surface peoples :)

I *do* think Cyan, with all good intentions, doesn't quite notice just how tasty the 'sanctioned' carrot looks like, to the fans.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, Eleri, misconceptions seem to abound these days, and I guess there's a semi-related issue to clear up. Hope you don't mind if we borrow your idea...

CCN production team members have become aware that there are individuals, engaged in various discussions elsewhere than on the MOUL forums, who are explaining CCN as if they themselves are members of the CCN production teams and who assume knowledge of CCN's current interest the future Guild of Messengers. Since no one on any CCN production team has participated in any other discussion than this one on MOUL, team members met to discuss this strange phenomenon. They asked me to post this link so that if anyone is curious about what the CCN Production Teams actually have to say they can go there and read it for themselves.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:48 am 

Ghaelen you do realise all of the Guild of Messengers discussion is happening on the Assembly of Guilds forum which Relteltee has suggested. We are currently discussing topics that we think should be raised in the first pre-guild council meeting, since the pre-guild council's purpose is bringing the messaging groups together to talk it would be a shame if CCN decided not to put forward a representative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:09 am 

Quote:
I was hoping that the Guild announcement would spark people's interest in helping out.

See, the one thing that stood out about this post for me was, the first time I read this sentence, I thought it said "I was hoping that the Guild announcement would spank people's interest in helping out."

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:17 am 
Obduction Backer

Calam wrote:
Quote:
I was hoping that the Guild announcement would spark people's interest in helping out.

See, the one thing that stood out about this post for me was, the first time I read this sentence, I thought it said "I was hoping that the Guild announcement would spank people's interest in helping out."

:lol:

Something tells me a Guild of Discipline would not go over well. Even if we did hand all members a Bat Of NetTroll Whapping.

KI#00001498

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 am 

Stevecrox wrote:
it would be a shame if CCN decided not to put forward a representative.

Why Steve? Are you saying the council is or will be the only group involved in the planning of a GOM?

Are you saying that CCN will have no communication voice in the community, because it chooses not to participate in your unofficial group at this time (if CCN decides not to participate?)

Are you letting everyone know that guild creation is no longer a cavern wide exploration opportunity, but restricted to those who participate in the off-site (off-MOUL) forum?

I think I am confused about statements you've made so far concerning the formation of the GOM and your decision to move all discussion to the other forum. Will you be closing the forum (any of the sections) to public viewing and review? Will those sections be your private admin sections the rest of us don't see?

What about us who feel the discussion should be here? Where discussion can be moderated? Are we prohibited from talking about the planning of GOM?

I know. Lots of questions, but that is what I am getting @. It is very early in the process, but you are already voting on something or other. In the past these "early" votes generally result in misleading results.

The only person I know (for sure) from CCN that may be interested in participating in the other forum's discussion is Madge. Should I let her know she is invited? Or will the forum you've set up be restricted to only certain members of the community?

Why at this point the one group, one person authority? TCT may be set up like that, but CCN is a group of independent producers with a number of opines.

I will be wearing my yellow GOM shirt, and responding to any OFFICIAL GOM announcements. At this time I am not ready to vote on a pre-council, council and or any council.

Madge is. She is always ready to vote on anything. I will send her over.

Ruby O'Degee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:52 pm 

Ann go read what I've written rather than make these unfounded accusations and attacks.

I offered to setup a forum where everyone interested in a GoM could go, the idea was nothing more than to provide a central place for us all to chat. Out of 9 people (whom I felt were best representing their groups) the only one to object was CCN. CCN was the only group to publically reply to my message and I believe their exact reason was that a forum run by someone else might be manipulated. So I withdrew the suggestion.

The suggestion to move to the Assembly of Guilds forum was not mine, if you've listened to Samsbase's excellent coverage of Uru Guilds you'll see Relteltee (Cyan's appointed Guild Advisor) has suggested it's a good place to hold discussions. I believe Lynnutte from the Relayercorps suggested it and I only really started using the forum once it became apparent that is where people who were interested in pushing this forward. When Dudemom_2000 suggested increasing our presence in the MO:UL forums would draw the interest of more people, I have infact copied two threads over and have plans to copy the rest of the threads over here as well (unfortunatly my PC is a bit fritzy atm.) Yet CCN is demanding that all discussions happen here (the only group btw.)

The "council" so far suggested is a short term thing, its open to every group involved in messaging activites (even after formation) I've spent an hour or so hunting for every group and Lynutte contacted all of them. The point of this council is mostly to get all the messaging groups talking to each other and perhaps working together, hopefully creating a GoM which would enhance the existing groups and setting something up for other people. If Cyan don't like what we are doing their fine to tell us to pull the plug, atleast we will have started to properly talk to each other and hopefully work together. The council suggested should have equal representation and since every group involved gets 1 vote with a majority ruling its obviously a trick by myself to secretly steal power. Eleri has suggested that calling it a council might put people off, it might do to be honest I don't really care what its called if the messaging groups can get together and make rational choices and act on that I'm happy.

We have been doing this publically on a forum none of us is in control of and as you've so obviously been reading my posts you'll know I've suggested if we do setup a website we should put the meetings chat logs on it.

So far as I know, none of us has said this is the offical channel or only channel.

For everyone who cares Ann, Ruby O'Degee, Ahvree and Madge are all the same person. I have a negitive history with many members of CCN who have oft suggested I'm a power mad dictator. I'm willing to work past that and move forwards I wonder if those people at CCN can swallow their pride and do the same.

[edit] BTW this is all my own opinion and feeling with nothing to do with TCT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:17 pm 

Stevecrox wrote:
Ann go read what I've written rather than make these unfounded accusations and attacks.

[edit] BTW this is all my own opinion and feeling with nothing to do with TCT

Steve:

I don't think I made a single accusation. I asked many questions and will continue to do so. I have many questions to ask.

I need to read your response carefully, before I respond to any answers you have given me. I have no idea what you are talking about when you say Power mad something or other, since I've never considered you powerful or mad.

My characters are no secret, so no problem there. Uru has many characters (some completely made up and some completely something else). I know only a few of the thousands of explorers.

As far as the other forum and Relteltee's suggestion you all use it, I happen to disagree. It is possible that Reltetee is not aware of how difficult it is to use or review private forums where no moderation is found. I prefer the MOUL forum for inter group discussions. Good moderation exists here. If Reltetee and I simply don't see it the same way, we simply don't see it the same way. I know from his statements that he is fairly new to the community.

I have not yet said that CCN will not join the council. I don't speak for CCN, but I do speak for myself. You asked for independent communicators to respond in this thread and I have done as you suggested Steve. I will continue to ask that GOM discussions be carried on here, because it is best for me to be here. I have not yet decided what to call my "group." I don't think I need to name one, if I don't participate in your AOC council, right? Since I will support the GOM in cavern, I expect I will wear yellow and say I am from the Colonel Mustard group if I must.

So see you in the cavern.
Madge has already registered over at the AOC forum. She should have no problem getting in, because she is a bonafide member of the community. I will stay over here where I can ask questions and support the GOM effort.

Thank you for your antimated response. Nothing changes just when one expects everything changes. :wink:

Ruby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Stevecrox wrote:
The suggestion to move to the Assembly of Guilds forum was not mine, if you've listened to Samsbase's excellent coverage of Uru Guilds you'll see Relteltee (Cyan's appointed Guild Advisor) has suggested it's a good place to hold discussions.

It was merely a suggestion. The Guild of Writers chose not to follow this suggestion.

Persionally I refuse to subscribe to a forum where known community trolls can be made mods. :roll:

But that aside, when the guilds were introduced in-game my first thought was: This is great! Finally Cyan is bringing all the community activities that could be shared under guild flags back to one place under their control. No more scattering over different forums!

But if Reteltee sees it differently then apparently I was wrong. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Stevecrox wrote:
Relteltee (Cyan's appointed Guild Advisor)

I don't want to enter in the rest of the discussion, but last time I checked Reteltee was appointed by the DRC, not Cyan.
(before someone says 'but the DRC is Cyan', remember that the evil Bahro are played by Cyan too; that doesn't mean that Cyan wants to dismember you)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:45 pm 

Ian Atrus wrote:
(before someone says 'but the DRC is Cyan', remember that the evil Bahro are played by Cyan too; that doesn't mean that Cyan wants to dismember you)

Are you sure, after seeing that photo of Greydragon I've always been a little wary

:P

Last edited by Stevecrox on Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

I suggested some discussion be moved over there, as well. Partially because the AoG was up and running and trying to pull things together long before the DRC tried to stick their fingers into the Guild pie.

KI#00001498

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:29 pm 

Ahvree wrote:
It is possible that Reltetee is not aware of how difficult it is to use or review private forums where no moderation is found.

As an admin of that forum, I can tell you there is plenty of moderation. There have been no moderation issues since earthwizard put in stronger spam-blockers. I check that forum daily and there is no moderation problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]