It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Post Edited to Reflect New Information:

CAVERN JOB FAIR!!!

WHEN: Sat. Oct. 27th 8:00 Cavern time to 24:00 Cavern Time

PLACE: The City, Kirel, and the Neighborhood Bevins

WHAT IT"S ABOUT: This is an opportunity for both Explorers and Groups/Organizations in the Cavern to get to know each other.

All Day Music provided by Ktadhn. www.urutunes.com - Radio KTDN Our D'niJ will be in the Hall of Kings most of the day for those who want to stop by with a song request or to munch on some snacks and relax.

NEW OFFICIAL DOOR PRIZE RULES - (This nulls and voids all previously posted Raffle Rules.)

1. First Door Prize will go to ONE person. All the Groups participating in the Job Fair will submit to me the names of all those representing their group that day in the Job Fair. I will draw one name from that group and that lucky person will win the Mystwear T-Shirt. (If I haven't been contacted by your group and don't get the names of your reps by the end of the Job Fair, those names won't get put in the raffle.)

2. Second Door Prize will go to ONE person. All the explorers not affiliated with any of the Represented groups will leave their explorer name and ki number with one of the groups they visit on the day of the Job Fair. That group will write those names down and submit them to me by the end of the day in the form of a kimail or email. One lucky explorer will win a Mystwear T-shirt.

3. Third Door Prize will go to ONE person. This will be for the visitors. If a visitor signs up with a paying GT account that day, they can enter a raffle to win a Mystwear shirt. They must give their avie name and ki number to one of the groups after becoming a paying member. One lucky visitor will win a Mystwear T-shirt. That way there is no pressure for them to sign up, but if they decide to that day, they get a little bonus as a chance to win something. (If no visitors sign up that day or I don't receive any names of visitors who sign up that day, then this prize will not be awarded. It's simply and extra prize in case we get some visitors who sign up that day.)

My kimail numbers are listed in my sig. I will give out my email to contact person from each group by pm request.

(disclaimer: You know there had to be one. This is an Explorer sponsored and funded event and raffle. This is completely independent of Mystwear, Cyan and Gametap. )

This is a great opportunity for explorers to learn more about all the wonderful groups and things that go on in the cavern and possibly join something to get more involved in the game.

Current List of Groups/Guilds/Hoods Participating in the Event & where to find then on the day of the event. Please check back to this thread as the groups are still submitting their times and location.

Oh did I mention Reteltee said he'd pop into Kirel sometime during the day to offer support and encouragement to the Guilds? He'll also answer any questions you might have about the Guilds.

[b]Guild of Storytellers
Guild of Maintainers -Guild of Maintainer's Bevin - 8:00-24:00
Guild of Writers - Kirel 8:00 - 24:00
Guild of Messengers - Kirel
Guild of Cartographers
Guild of Greeters - Kirel and GOG
Guild of Ideas
D'ni Zoological Society
ABA Anti-Bahro Association
Amber Horizons - Amber Horizon's Bevin
The RelayerCorps - Kirel and The RelayerCorps Bevin
Myss Terrie's Bevin - Myss Terrie's Bevin
CCN
TCT
Gay D'ni Bevin
Cavern Dialogues
Alpha Blue - Alpha Blue Bevin
Mystwear
Resengs - in Beginner's Bevin starting at 12:00, & 17:00 - 23:00 every hour.
URUTunes - in URUTunes Bevin - 16:00-20:00
Guild of Archivists - Kirel Community Room - 8:00-24:00
DPWR - Kirel Community Room - 8:00 - 24:00
Cavern Skydivers - Cavern Skydiver's Bevin and City 8:00 - 24:00
Cavern Criers - Kirel
Nulp Bevin - German Speaking (English too)

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Last edited by Sharaya on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:37 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Great idea! It may be a good idea to mention this directly to Cyan, since they may be able to accommodate the table idea. Heck, maybe even the paper flyers could be done like Guild Day.

It'd be nice to make use of the auditorium room. That'll be a good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:23 pm 

There are a lot of groups, I could see this taking over the city for a day.

Seriously Cool Idea! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

HCI, I wouldn't want to make more work for cyan. They have enough on their hands right now and the whole point of this is to get the explorers involved, without waiting for cyan to do stuff for us. Also, tables might be great in the cavern, but all the chat would be really hard to sort through I think. :wink: So, logistically, I think we need a public place to organize the "speeches" and introductions, then have the bevins for the main chatting and questions about each individual group.

It would be nice to have a T-shirt for Cavern Day or something like that though, wouldn't it? Maybe some balloons like in Kirel? :wink:

The auditorium room sure would be nice. But I think we'll have to make do in Watchers or in Takotah Alley or something. :)

MustardJeep, yes, that is my idea for the groups to basically take over the city for a day. :) I know I'd like to know more about some I've just barely heard about. I think we could even keep the event as IC as possible to not affect the "immersion" experience for people.

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:39 pm 

LOL! You know I got my Relayer Recruitment Table all set up and ready to go, don't you!!!!!!! :D

We can't teach you to type like lightning, but we can teach you how to link like a Bahro!

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:48 pm 

This idea sounds great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:09 am 
Obduction Backer

You could post a notice on the Bevin Imager telling folks where to go for the individual group meetings.

And remember, you should probably have a Job Fair Day for people in the U.S. area & one for folks in the Europe area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:17 am 
Obduction Backer

Great Ideas Ces! I'll have to ask some European explorers for help with that. :)

Perhaps messages could be posted in the Guild pubs when the time comes too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:34 am 

Nice idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Fantastic Idea!!!!!

This is the best idea I have heard yet and what a way to bring a community together too.....

KI #00031776
Have you had your HUG today?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:26 am 

Thinking this is a wonderful idea. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with organization. Even though I live in the US I am usually on with the Europeans.

Samj KI #04110303

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:32 am 

I can see a two or three hour event running really really well with minimal scheduling issues for groups.

Each groups could send one or two reps that could then issue hood invites to people with times for their next meeting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the support Sumatria. :)

SamJ, I'd love to have your help with the organizing. I think the first thing we need are the names of all the groups and contact people for them. I don't visit all the other fanbased forums, but if people could copy and cross post my original thread or let people know of the idea in other places like UO, that would be great!

The more we get the word out, the more groups have the opportunity to participate. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes. That's exactly what I was thinking MJ. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:16 am 

I've been tossing this idea around in my head for a while now, and it's great to see someone taking the initiative on it! Also great to see the positive explorer response!

I definitely think it should be held in a public place - the city or Kirel makes the most sense to me. If the event is spread throughout the day, the player limit shouldn't be a problem, especially between episodes. If it became a problem, perhaps we could be prepared to spread across multiple locations? Or maybe move to the 'hoods and have a few helpers in the city directing people to the 'hood they're looking for?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next