It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:15 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Studying some glyphs mysteriously drawn on her fence in Texas.
Big Narly Disclaimer:

Personal Opinion. This event is not meant to take people away from the Cavern. It is meant to help explorers find a home until we know something new about the status of our current home.

But, as I am exploring new worlds, I am finding an advantage to having more than one place to go and discover new worlds, new friends, and new ways of doing things. And I am meeting Uru people in these other worlds that I never met in the Cavern.

The Cavern will always be considered my home, even when it is no longer here, or whatever form it can take on. Even if something new comes our way in the future. I will always be loyal to the Cavern.

But even if and when we get to return, I will still be in these other worlds. I can own and fly dragons. That is not my only interest, but a high one. I do own a dragon and go fly him sometimes just for exploring fun and stress relief.

How many of you in your Real Lives have only one interest? I hope none of you. So, this is how I personally feel about where I am at now. I have many interests in life, and go to many places to find them. I have had more than one job. Sometimes more than one at the same time.

So, this is my personal disclaimer.

There.com Open House Part Deux

When: Saturday, April 19, 2008

Where: There.com, Uru Island

Times: 11 am to 8pm EDT

Main tour times: 11am EDT, 2 pm EDT, 5 pm EDT, 8pm EDT

Main Contacts: Taelos - The Meeting Place (TMP)
Ti'chelle (Tichelle) - UruObsession (UO)

Find other contacts in this thread. http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14990

or here. http://thepuzzlers.net/puzzlers-community.html

We have many There communities waiting to meet you and take you on a tour.

Uru Island (Soosi)
Mystery Island (Stungthumbz)
Shorah Community (Susanszy)
GoMa (Dot, Guildmaster Dot)
Layla_Dubh
Arcadia (SteveMack)
Dragon's Hollow (Kasss)
Hemp Beach (LadyLongHair)
LaggoLand (Francis_7)
Midnight Serenity Beach (GreenAngel)
Pirates Cove (Miner)
Star_69 (DJ_Spirit)

And if what happens this day is like the last trip, more communities and new people will wander our way.

Technical: Go to There.com
http://www.there.com/

Register and then post us your avie name here.

I strongly suggest that you go ahead and pay the one time fee. It will help us to be able to give you free clothes, and loan you vehicles and such. Also, many of us like to voice chat. It is very easy to do and easy to set-up. If you prefer to not voice chat, that is perfectly fine. Many of us voice chat and text chat all at the same time. But, by paying the fee, it will also allow you to hear us.

But this is certainly your choice. Come on in and check things out, then you can pay the fee if you find that you want to.

Another suggestion. Come in early. Days early if possible. Find people to buddy and IM them to get help. Reason behind this. If you wait until the day of the Open House just be prepared for everything to look white or grey. There does not load all of the graphics onto your computer from the very beginning. It only loads them as you go from place to place. So, when you first enter There, or any new area in There, the graphics are needing to rezz, or load onto your computer. I have found that the more I am in There, the faster the graphics load for me in any new area.

But, if you do need to wait to come in on that day, just be prepared to allow time for the graphics to load. Don't be concerned that something is wrong when you cannot see things at first.

Yes, many things will be confusing. It is different than Uru. But we are here to help. I will be hanging out for most of the day at the area where the newcomers port in. I will probably be wearing my blue Relto shirt. Or just grab one of the Island Guides who have a yellow star on their nametag and ask them how to get to Uru Island.

I will be very flexible in my schedule and fairly free starting Monday the 14th. So, if you want to check There out, and want a friendly face to greet you and get you started, just PM me and we will set a time for me to meet you where the newcomers port in. And any other questions, just ask.

And all of you Uruites who are already in There, please join us!

Thanks,
Ti'

Ti'chelle #10684

Last edited by Ti'chelle on Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sounds like a good time to come back, Ti'chelle. I haven't been there since the first tour day, but I'm looking forward to returning. Of the other worlds I've visited, I found There to be the most Uru-like in a number of ways - especially socially. I have some other commitments on the 19th, but I'll try to get there (or There :wink: ) for a little while.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:49 am 

Hi,

I wanted to add a thought to what T'ichelle has posted concerning the tour.

Last night MO:UL was closed as we all know. However this time we as a comminuty were not alone in our ordeal. I think that it is profound that the TMP hood was visited by communities FROM OUTSIDE of Uru. We had visitors from THERE.com who created GameTap trial accounts last night, expressly so that they could come to our hood and give us emotional support. Beyond more than curious bystanders, these individuals read about what we were facing and they felt a common bond as members of their own online community, with the trauma we were again going to face. So they traveled to Uru to face it with us and then traveled back with us to THERE to be with us again in the minutes after the shut down.

This part of my memory of the evening is that which I am most proud. I felt honored and our community was honored in this way by other communities, both Uru and not.

Believe me when I say that the many communities in THERE really do care about what is happening to the communities in Uru. Their actions speak louder than words.

Come join us on the 19th to see and meet some of these people with me.

Your friend in Uru, your friend in THERE,
Taelos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:21 am 
Obduction Backer

I hope you will stop by There and have a look around this Saturday, the 19th. The Cavern is and always will be our home - no one is saying any differently. There, SL, WoW, LOTRO, GW, and wherever else are places to get together and have fun - places to try and stay amused and with our friends while we wait to get our home back. Good lord, there are many people who've been in some or all of them for years while they were in Live, UU and MO:UL. So please, these are just friendly invitations - nothing more, nothing less - from people with only good intentions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

I need a refresher but I have to work in the morning. I'll try to make the 5PM or the 8PM tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Kooky is currently showing me around There. It is interesting, different from Second Life (where I've been since the cavern close).... some things are better, some are a little confusing. The texture download takes much much longer, but the graphics seem to be more detailed and there aren't such strict limits on how much you can have in an area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Studying some glyphs mysteriously drawn on her fence in Texas.
Hey y'all.

See you there tomorrow or be square.

I haven't been checking on this much lately. Kind of fell into a depression when I was writing an e-mail and mentioned the tours in present tense, then it hit me, no present tense now, only past.

But at least we have each other in places like There.

So, I look forward to seeing as many of you as I can.

Arrggghhh and there be pirates matey. Maybe even a few space pirates.

Ti'

Ti'chelle #10684

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:17 am 

The Guild of Maintainers hope you'll be able to visit them over at Camp Bravo on Tyr and in their brand new Gahreesen (not as good as the real one, but we're working on it).

Stejovis has set up a GoMa mobile unit for the day on an island near the arrival area at Uru Island. The nexus terminal in the unit links to Camp Bravo, and we'll be very pleased to welcome you. Hoverboat and buggy rides await...

We've tried to build in a few surprises too. There might not be time to find them today -- too much ground needs to be covered with all the tours in the different communities. But you'll be welcome at any time in the future to come and explore this rugged and intriguing area -- and, who knows, maybe even consider joining us as we try to build a new temporary home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:47 am 

got confused again with timezones, but not anymore, here are the ones EU:
11 am EDT = 4 pm GMT = 17.00 GMT+1
8 pm EDT = midnight GMT = 01.00 GMT+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:50 pm 

Please do come early! Textures do take a while to load into your computer initially. Once they are loaded, you're good to go each time you come back. Until the textures initially load, you'll see lots of white 3D models (which is actually kind of interesting. lol ) But trust me, it's worth the time! THERE has hundreds of URUites who have worked to create places that will make you feel at home. We're looking forward to greeting old URU friends and new ones. While the textures are loading, we can answer questions and give you helpful tips on how to do things in THERE.

Feel free to contact me (Kooky). If I'm online, I'll be happy to summon you over to the Shorah neighborhoods. :)

I spoke with a couple of the Island Guides who are stationed in the newbie area where new avatars appear after being created. They are aware that we may have a good-sized group of URU folks visiting today and will be looking for ya. :) I gave them the names of a few of us that they can contact. Like Taelos said, the staff of THERE is aware of our sorrow in losing our URU home and they will do everything they can to help you have a great visit in THERE. The Island Guides can help you to get in contact with us. You can tell the Island Guides by the yellow star beside their names on their nametags at the top of the screen.

Come early and stay long! We're anxious to wrap our virtual arms around you and welcome you to THERE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Things should be starting in 5-10 minutes. There is quite a crowd gathering!

Thereafter at 3 hour intervals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have only spent enough time in There to get confused, but I'll try to make it.

Bill

(wkwalker here and there :) )

Your skills will accomplish what the force of many cannot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:04 am 
Obduction Backer

The tour was fun, fun, fun! The tour guides were great, the participants were friendly, and the places we visited were wonderful. I now have new people on my buddy list. The tour folks did a spectacular job looking out for people, helping new people, keeping tracking of stragglers (like me!) and making sure that everyone got teleported to each site.

I crashed at the end (after a couple of hours), and I had to go anyway, so I didn't get back in. I may not have seen every place on the tour. But, what I saw was wonderful, and I saved a bunch of favorites (how you save placed to visit in There).

I'll be back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:54 pm 

I want to thank all the communities which participated in the tours which took place today. We had over 70 members attend the tours. In this "post-Uru" era events such as this are not so much about recruiting people to one game world or another. Not at all. Tours such as this are all about introducing Uru people to the Uru people and Uru sympathizers in the new worlds we now inhabit.

It is important to know who your friends are and to stay together as a community. Those who attended yesterday had an opportunity to visit the major Uru communities in THERE as well as a few non-Uru communities who understand our plight.

Thanks also to everyone who helped me in managing the tours, IM windows, answering questions and etc. Special thanks to Ti'chelle, Ivanova, Nema (Natika), Gentlefire, GuildmasterDot, Kooky (Trisha) and JuneuruTMP who helped keep this tour rolling through the bumps and server glitches.

The list of communities visited was:

1. Uru Island (Soosi) - An Uru Community
2. Pirates Cove (Miner)
3. Mystery Island (Stungthumbz) - An Uru Community
4. Shorah Community (Susanszy) - An Uru Community
5. Dragon's Hollow (Kasss) - An Uru Community
6. Star_69 (DJ_Spirit)
7. GoMa (GuildmasterDot) - An Uru Community
8. Midnight Serenity Beach (GreenAngel)
9. Aziti Prime (jamestar)
10. Mystical Paradise (Unicrystal)
11. Eolas_Dubh (Layla_Dubh) - An Uru Community
12. Hemp Beach (LadyLongHair)
13. Arcadia (SteveMack)
14. Sight Unseen (greenie) - An Uru Community
15. LaggoLand (Francis_7)

Thanks again,
Tae

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]