It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I've recently begun to think that the bahro might be angels. Perhaps they're guardian angels and their "enslavement" was simply an attachment to a particular person. Maybe the pillars were a test of our free will and when we made the right choice and proved ourselves capable, our individual bahro was freed from their duty to guard us. And, perhaps giving the stone to the bahro and setting them all free at once was a mistake. Only Yahvo knows for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:14 pm 

Interesting theory, Tai'lahr.

This could also tie into other media (Bible, anyone? Winged angels... Winged Bahro?)

On the other hand, we still know very little about the Bahro. What is exactly the extent of their abilities? I mean, they can manipulate nature, and obviously have a greater understanding of the art.

If they're able to cloak themselves (At least, that's what I got from the Myst V trailer, though they might genuinely fade into an Age between Ages), then what's to stop them from completely changing their appearance?

Bleh, I'm not good at theories, but, hopefully, new D'ni texts might shed some light upon these fascinating creatures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ooh, I like Tai'lahr's theory. Although, it's interesting that in freeing them that way, they were somehow given the ability to choose either revenge or forgiveness. Whether they were guardian angels or not, it's clear that before, they really had no choice but to serve the D'ni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

I find it interesting that their physical appearance is in contrast to this guardian angle theory. Doesn't refute it, rather it adds some meaning to it. The appearance of the Bahro is more demonic than angellic... but things aren't always as they appear at face value.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:14 pm 

Main_Avvie wrote:
I find it interesting that their physical appearance is in contrast to this guardian angle theory. Doesn't refute it, rather it adds some meaning to it. The appearance of the Bahro is more demonic than angellic... but things aren't always as they appear at face value.

Indeed. Have you seen some of the old Gothic churches in Europe? Notice that some have gargoyles instead of angels guarding them. Similarity there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Having a gargoyle on your house is a great way to tell people to stay off the lawn :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2