It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
This must have been early in (or before) Prologue, as I've never seen the silo until TPotS.
It was turned off in prologue as unfinished. It was only visible for a couple of days at the beginning of UU / MOUL (which are the end of Prologue).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, the linking stone to the "ErcanaCitySilo" could be enabled during UU. The panel had a wide view of a slightly earlier version of the silo with orange test overlayed that said "Need Final Screen Shot". Attempts to use the stone would cause you to crash because the age files were not there, My guess is that the plan was for the stone to be there during Prologue until Ercana itself was released (probably around the full launch of Uru Live).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

EccentricOne wrote:
The panel had a wide view of a slightly earlier version of the silo with orange test overlayed that said "Need Final Screen Shot".

Holy Smokes!! In the Prima Guide for URU Complete Chronicles, there's a screenshot of that book in front of the pellet machine and I've always wondered why the words "Need Final Screen Shot" was overlayed over the image of the linking panel!

Last edited by Main_Avvie on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow! Nice find! Maybe a beta of Uru:CC still had that image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:44 am 

EccentricOne wrote:
Yes, the linking stone to the "ErcanaCitySilo" could be enabled during UU. The panel had a wide view of a slightly earlier version of the silo with orange test overlayed that said "Need Final Screen Shot". Attempts to use the stone would cause you to crash because the age files were not there, My guess is that the plan was for the stone to be there during Prologue until Ercana itself was released (probably around the full launch of Uru Live).

Oh, right. I remember reading about that, way back when.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:34 am 
Obduction Backer

ChloeRhodes wrote:
The Urwin located in Direbo is actually much much larger than the one in Negilahn. About twice the size.

Whoa. WHOA. WHAT? There's an Urwin in Direbo?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:22 am 

vidkid7 wrote:
ChloeRhodes wrote:
The Urwin located in Direbo is actually much much larger than the one in Negilahn. About twice the size.

Whoa. WHOA. WHAT? There's an Urwin in Direbo?!

If you look under the dat folder for Direbo you can find the following:

Direbo_drboUrwinShape.prp
Direbo_UrwinIdle.prp
Direbo_UrwinWalk.prp

To my knowledge there's no way to trigger the Urwin to appear in the game by any normal means but some of the files indicate that it is there or at least it was going to be. It is quite a bit larger than the Negilahn one.

[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow, it has been an honor to read through this thread. Hearing the opinions and points-of-view from the creators of some of the best games ever made is truely priceless. It really takes me back to 1993 sitting in my friends room when I was about 14 or 15 playing this new game and trying to figure out, "what the fiery abyss are we supposed to do!"

Robyn and RAWA: Thank you so much for creating this world in which we can all stretch our imaginations and get lost for a while. It has really added some spice in my life.

I am eternally grateful for having Myst a part of my life. I really never got into Riven and anything beyond until a few years ago, I guess I just got distracted for all those years. I am thankful that i re-discovered this universe and will never let that happen again.

No matter what the intentions were or what the inconsistencies are, look at what has been created. Who would have thought that we would still be talking about this after all these years and many more to come.

Thank you again. I think this is my first post here :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hey maggit, glad to see a new community member! It truly was an honor for Robyn to stop by; maybe some day he will stop by again someday. Hope to see you in cavern sometime.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Me too ;) I drop in from time to time, when I get a break from life...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Wow, this was a fascinating thread. Unfortunately, I don't think I was on the forums while it was still active. Anyway, I do have one question (although chances are Robyn doesn't check this site much anymore :) ):
So, I believe I read somewhere that Zib of the Starry Expanse Project received some useful information from Robyn.
Robyn, can you give anymore details about this? :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18