It is currently Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1057 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71
 Post subject: Re: Fan Content
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Looks really nice! I love the industrial, submarine-ish atmosphere.

I kinda like the 6 sidedness too; not everything has to have 5 sides. Gehn was obsessed with that number, but hopefully not all d'ni folks where.
Tweek wrote:
the Maintainer Nexus (found in Uru once upon a time)

That was, like, a dozen years ago. :shock: I haven't been there in forever. I can't even remember how to acess it. Through the Garrison Wall IIRC but the details are hazy..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yep get the suit, climb the wall Link to the Maintainer Nexus (I think using the stone on the pedestal at the bottom of the Wall worked too). I usually just use the /spawn command on OfflineKI to get there >.>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:55 pm 

[Reveal] Spoiler:
If you use a version with the fly mode remember that the maintainers nexus books are showing at intermitent intervals only. From far away, they show like smalll lights.
You will finds them parrallel to the top wall in the void outside the Gahreesen graphics...in the dark and will hear small birds songs. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

An in game screenshot for you.

I accidentally forgot to set the passindex values for the transparent textures on the floor so they ended up fighting and causing that weirdness you see going on with the grid and the white.

Nexus machine wasn't included in this export, but it's been returned for the current export I've been testing.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

I'm hoping to get it sent off for the wiring this week or the weekend at the latest barring any interruptions.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow it's been a while since I last posted an update here. I kinda stopped after I started posting various updates over at my FB Age Building Page, sorry about that.

So what's been going on? Well I suffered through several rounds of creative block not just in terms of Age building but anything creative which has been frustrating. Then I got distracted with a couple of Age projects.

First I ended up completely dismantling Fehrehmto, and reusing elements I liked in a rebuild of another Age I was working on called Sul (which some of you may or may not be familiar with).

Made a lot of progress on that Age until the 25th Anniversary of Myst began to loom closer.
I then decided I wanted to do something to celebrate this fact I so started a new Age called Eder Fahsee.

Sadly I didn't get it finished in time for the 25th anniversary but it is very close to being done. As part of my plan for the Age I have invited people to contribute to the Age in the form of writing your first interactions with Myst and the impact it's had on your life. I'm then going to include these submissions within books that can be read in the Age. Incidentally if anyone here is interested in contributing some words feel free to check out this page - http://dniexplorer.com/fahsee

So what of Intangibles? Admittedly I've done very little work on the Intangibles Ages over the last year or so. I did make some more progress on the Gateway Nexus.

I've been refining some of the texture work in the Age and adding a splash more colour, as well as fixing some quirks I discovered when I imported it into Uru. Rawa has also been kind enough to assist me in establishing some of the lore behind the area which I'm currently writing up to be included in the Age.

As life goes I recently changed positions at my job which increased my workload and working hours which means I have even less free time than I did previously. However I've moved the Gateway Nexus to the top of my project list I am adamant that I'm going to get it finished this year it's been dragging for entirely too long now.
Eder Fahsee is just waiting on submissions from the explorer community and a few areas need collision and it'll be ready to go. I'm shelving my other projects after that to focus on the Gateway Nexus.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:14 pm 

Some really, really cool looking stuff, Tweek. Thanks for posting !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:27 pm 

I feel you... I'm on a new job since late summer, and it's draining me so much I barely have any motivation left for Uru when my workday is done :/ (That, and a cold, snowless winter is always depressing.)

But it's cool to see people around here aren't giving up on their various projects. Those pictures are awesome ! Hopefully 2019 will be a good year for new Ages. And if not, well, I'm patient ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1057 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71