It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: "Official" Fan Ages?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:37 am 
Obduction Backer

This is a thought I had recently; what if Cyan was to officially endorse fan created Ages, thus giving official new content to Uru?

As we know there are many fan created Ages out there and some of them are amazing! If Cyan was to come out in an official capacity and say "we believe these additions/ mods/ Ages are of such a high quality that we consider them an official part of Myst Online," it would give current players the new content so many crave, but also give others a reason to return to the Cavern (or come for the first time).

The story would not necessarily have to continue on from the original Uru/MOUL. It could be a soft reboot of sorts in which Explorers have decided to reveal the secrets of D'ni and its Ages. The exploration would be the story, and each player could weave their own tale. (I, for one, would LOVE this! :P )

Cyan has always had a strong relationship with its fans and I think both Obduction and the 25th Anniversary Kickstarter showed that there are certainly many people out there who are hungry for Cyan's content. I think that something like this could certainly be possible if Cyan was willing.

I understand that Uru is in the past for Cyan and it is incredibly good of them to keep it ticking over as they are, but it still could be interesting to see where something like this could go.

Just a thought. :mrgreen:

Shorah.

Ki #00324282
Exploration Journal

Post subject: Re: "Official" Fan Ages?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 am 
Obduction Backer

The Intangibles rather fit your description; it might not seem so, but they are still active. Also, it’s mostly technical reasons that so far have prevented Ages like Vothol Gallery or Fehnir House to appear on MO:ULa :wink:

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Get tweets from the GoMe.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Yep lots of silence but we're still working on things.

If you're interested I post most of my Age development stuff over at my FB page - https://www.facebook.com/agesoftweek/

Doobes (a fellow building and Intangibles member) posts his Age dev stuff at his FB page here - https://www.facebook.com/agesofdoobes/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:10 pm 

Is Chloe still around working on her DIRT project? Right after Obduction was released, she said she was back, things should be happening soon, but have heard nothing since. I know she was doing stuff with the Intangibles too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:03 am 
Obduction Backer

I've not heard from Chloe in ages.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:41 am 
Obduction Backer

Tweek wrote:
Yep lots of silence but we're still working on things.

If you're interested I post most of my Age development stuff over at my FB page - https://www.facebook.com/agesoftweek/

Doobes (a fellow building and Intangibles member) posts his Age dev stuff at his FB page here - https://www.facebook.com/agesofdoobes/

Thanks man. I followed both pages you linked to. Thanks for that!

Also, sent you a PM, hope you don't mind. :mrgreen:

Ki #00324282
Exploration Journal