It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:55 pm 

For anyone who doesn't already realize it, the Firmament KS is flattening out at the moment, with roughly $540k raised and most momentum currently unraveling. If any of you want to support Cyan with this new game specifically, or keep Cyan in good shape due to holding hope for other future projects, I encourage you to back as heavily as you can personally justify.

I have an animated banner posted in another thread here. I'll also be throwing together some sort of poster art and I am asking you to try to get the word out. If we as a fanbase can back this and get a few people outside our immediate circle on board too, this might still succeed! But we NEED to act.

This Firmament discussion thread linked below, is the main one currently on these forums but it does not say 'Firmament' and doesn't attempt to grab attention with words in all caps. So I figure it's worth doing that with a second thread just to direct more attention to the first one, which is where I posted my animated .GIF banner and will add a poster design soon:
https://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29141

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:48 am 

Firmament definitely needs more advertising IMHO. It looks awesome, and I would hate it if Cyan weren't able to achieve it...
Given the huge success of the 25th anniversary kickstarter, I don't see why it should flatten so early. I definitely hope it picks up soon. I'm already backing a high tier, but I'm really considering increasing it even more if it can help...
In the meantime I can only recommend people to try to reach other folks who may be interested or might be able to promote the kickstarter... I'm sure Firmament can happen if it could reach out more.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:04 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

There was a large pent-up demand for all things Myst, and complete anniversary collections generally do very well in known and popular franchises. Lamentable or not, the easy win is why Hollywood prefers them to new ideas. Firmament is new; it's not a name... yet. There's really no comparison. But Cyan is a name and that's why it's doing as well as it is. The backer curve of Kickstarters is well known to go flat for a while after the loyal fans initially sign up until shortly before the deadline when it spikes again. Despite the projection, two weeks and half way is pretty good. Watch for the spike.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:05 am 
Obduction Backer

I suspect that CYAN will post a couple more reminders for those who may have missed them so far.

If they decide to live stream the final countdown again with talks and teasers to raise excitement as well as pledges, that would make good marketing sense. Just look at some of the various shopping channel "events" as selling examples. I'm usually very resistant to sales pitches, but I now have several more large dive watches than I really need... :wink:

-Pinkutus & the Borg

Ad astra
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:35 am 
Obduction Backer

For french speaking peoples, Myst Aventure boards have translated the Kickstarter Page and its updates: http://myst-aventure.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1475

[url=http://myst-aventure.com][img]http://myst-aventure.com/-grover/image/sig-moul.gif[/img][/url] [url=http://ufo-3d.fr][img]http://ufo-3d.fr/ufo-3d-350x75.png[/img][/url] [url=https://polystudio.shop]PolyStudio[/url] MAhmtee Bevin KI #123057

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Asked $1,100,000 for Obduction ($1,321,306 realized) - Asked $247,500 for the 25th Anniversary ($2,810,127 realized) - Asking $1,285,000 for Firmament...Why not shoot for the moon? C'mon people

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:57 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Charura wrote:
Why not shoot for the moon?

Portal 2 already did that. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:31 am 

Not a fan of having this discussion split over two threads. I won't be surprised if someone posts justifying the second thread, but this should all have been kept in the one thread.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alien wrote:
Not a fan of having this discussion split over two threads. I won't be surprised if someone posts justifying the second thread, but this should all have been kept in the one thread.

I agree. Reported this thread the day it was posted, but it's still in the moderation queue, it seems.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

okay...well,...I think it was worth the effort

matthornb wrote:
This Firmament discussion thread linked below, is the main one currently on these forums but it does not say 'Firmament' and doesn't attempt to grab attention with words in all caps. So I figure it's worth doing that with a second thread just to direct more attention to the first one, which is where I posted my animated .GIF banner and will add a poster design soon:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29141

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:35 pm 

Charura wrote:
okay...well,...I think it was worth the effort

Please don't misunderstand, I agree on the discussion, just not it being split over two threads. Any support for Firmament is a good thing.