It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:03 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Going LIVE!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:33 am 

Greydragon just informed us that Uru Live will be going Live on the 20th of December similar to Prologue. No details on the "actual" launch date, but storyline and NEW content will begin on the 20th!

To D'ni!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:46 am 
Creative Kingdoms

As promised. Awesome! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:08 am 

Awesome! Now I just hope this means us non-Americans and non-Canadians will be be able to subscribe :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:25 am 

No! So close.

My bet was for the 19th...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Let's start a pool on how far in advance the city will fill up.

My guess: 7pm. December 18.

Of course, a vault wipe will make it hard to stick around . . .

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:43 am 

YES what about word about us internationals will any info be relesed before then?
Would hate to have a vault wipe and can't get back in.
:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:06 am 
Obduction Backer

A vault wipe makes perfect sense. But will we have to delete our preview version of the game and re-download? It would definitely reduce the stress on the servers if we don't all have to download the entire game again. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

"Laugh it up, Chuckles" -- Space Ghost to Rand Miller; MOUL KI #38615, Mulligan KI #37069, MOULa2.0 #130257

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:16 am 

Sweet, the 20th will be the happiest day of my life lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:45 am 

Whilyam could you share when and where Greydragon said this, i'm sure its true but we seem to be in a rather odd position, We have reports of GD announcing a date for 'Prologue' (Open Beta really) and a moderator pointing to external website (Yahoo) also announcing it. But as yet no official announcement from either Cyan or Gametap. I specifically want to see an official announcement because I want to know what the position of international p,ayers in copyright cleared areas is. We are eligable for the current phase of the Beta, bur according to the Yahoo page only gametap members are eligable for Prologue. This leads me to my next question apart from GD's request for volunteers there has been no announcements about the arrangements for international players to subscribe. I will very upset if I am unable to participate because there is no way for me to pay. I wanbt to be a paying customer lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Cautious yay?
Before I cheer I too would like to hear if people outside USA and Canada will be in on this 'prologue'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:21 am 
Obduction Backer

darkstar wrote:
Whilyam could you share when and where Greydragon said this, i'm sure its true but we seem to be in a rather odd position, We have reports of GD announcing a date for 'Prologue' (Open Beta really) and a moderator pointing to external website (Yahoo) also announcing it. But as yet no official announcement from either Cyan or Gametap.

The Yahoo site is an official announcement from Gametap. The site is an ad paid for by Gametap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:06 am 

Votartav breporpatee, prineth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Greydragon just informed us that Uru Live will be going Live on the 20th of December similar to Prologue. No details on the "actual" launch date, but storyline and NEW content will begin on the 20th!

Did he actually use the word "Prologue" or did you make that connection?

I would like the answers to two questions regarding this. The first question (ok it's a multi-part question), which I hope we can get a response from Cyan/Gametap on is this:

1) What is the difference between this Preview and the Launch? Can you compare this Preview to the old Prologue?

The second question (ok, it's also a multi-part question), which I suspect we won't actually be able to get an answer to, but I'll pose it anyway:

2) What is the criteria for Launch? Is the Lauch still going to happen sometime in the next month or so?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:14 pm 

GD announced this last night at about the time I posted. He was in Ae'gura. There were many people there, I'm sure there's a chat log in there somewhere. I had pretty much just logged in.

He said to SheilaR that he wouldn't dance around the issue of internationals in live, that he'd seen all the conversations on the forums. The problem being he didn't really know. He hopes to have more info today or tomorrow.

As far as I see it, it's all up to Gametap now. Hope you get in, Cats (and everyone else) :D

Edit: The difference between this preview and Launch is that Launch will have an active storyline and new content there will be no more vault wipes after that, and the cavern will be IC-compliant.

GD had no idea when Launch would end. This is info he's hoping to get, as I said, today or tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:00 pm 

J'on wrote:
Quote:

Did he actually use the word "Prologue" or did you make that connection?

I would like the answers to two questions regarding this. The first question (ok it's a multi-part question), which I hope we can get a response from Cyan/Gametap on is this:

1) What is the difference between this Preview and the Launch? Can you compare this Preview to the old Prologue?

The second question (ok, it's also a multi-part question), which I suspect we won't actually be able to get an answer to, but I'll pose it anyway:

2) What is the criteria for Launch? Is the Lauch still going to happen sometime in the next month or so?

Differences to Uru Live Preview: lack of invite-only, requirement of subscriptions, availability of storyline.
Differences to open beta: requirement of subscriptions, availability of storyline.
Differences to Uru Live 2003 Prologue: requirement of subscriptions.

(Or something.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next