It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: KI Biographies
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:28 am 

Something that occurred to me just now is that we have no real way to describe ourselves to other explorers in the cavern. Right now, when you see someone running around (and trust me, they're almost always running), all you know about them is their name. Of course, this is realistic but Uru is also a game.

I was thinking it'd be nice if there was an IM-centric way of setting some user information such as a brief biography about one's self as well as, and this is important, one's play style so we can quickly determine who is an RP'er (not me), an IC'er (me), or a regular player (not that there's anything wrong with that). It'd also allow people to know, for example, whether that person is interested in interaction, is looking for a group (something I know others have asked for as well), amongst other things. At the very least, it allows us to say hello quickly.

This is just, honestly, one of the many shortcomings of the current system. For example, explorers have to stop walking and highlight another explorer just to find out what his or her name is. I'd much prefer an option to display names constantly with, perhaps, a color-coded feature to let players know whether that other person is an RP'er, IC'er, or something else entirely.

These are just a few thoughts. What do you guys think?

Oh, and totally unrelated, but I'd love it if the game could remember where I position my KI HUD. I play in a widescreen format (even though my monitor is a CRT, heh heh) and it'd be nice if the KI was position properly each time I signed in rather than me having to do it by hand (lazy, yes, I know).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:21 am 
Obduction Backer

FlagRSP for URU? Might be good.

I wouldn't want biographies to show, though. Hello, we've just met, here's my whole life's story :P.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]