It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lobo wrote:
Why do people feel the need to announce new items on the board anyway? Let people find out about them in the game.

I think that a new feature should be discussed here only if there is an issue with it or a question about it.

Likewise, I object to people making mass announcements within the game where details are disclosed. How about just telling the people near you "There's something new in the city" and then letting them have the chance to look for it. If they want and ask for more details, sure, give them out, but let people have the chance to discover things. Most of us are in here as "explorers," not just to rack up trophies. We like to find and figure out things for ourselves.

Well, there are some of us who don't have a lot of time who look at the boards and see something new so they can spend what little time they can spend going after the new items. For them, the announcements on the board help a lot. <shrug>

But you are absolutely right about in-game announcements. If there are people that want to know what's new, send them a PM.

If you are an explorer that happens to hear this kind of thing quite a bit and people aren't using PMs for that, maybe you could create an avvie with his own private Hood (and therefore private instances) and just use instanced cities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:31 pm 

Because posting the news in the forum is one of the main ways to spread the word.

Most posts that are about the new content are usually tagged with Spoiler or have a /spoiler tag inside it. Its up to the reader if they want to read the post or not to get the details. Many people are extremely thankful for this action of spreading the word. if you dont care for it as you express then maybe you should turn a blind eye or just not read the posts about the new content.

its about choice. Choosing to hear the news or not.

Uru Obsession Bevin
Heek Player

"Heek or go home!" -Mole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:36 pm 

That's exactly right. Putting spoilers in thread titles removes the choice for people who are scanning the forums but want to find things on their own.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:21 pm 

:( Sorry for not including spoiler in the topics and for making it obvious that [spoiler]the dock is active :D [/spoiler]

I personally like it when people announce stuff like this. I started getting bored of the "Is it here yet" "No" "Is it here yet" "No" "Is it here yet" "No" that was starting to happen with the[spoiler] dock page[/spoiler]

Post subject: Something new *Spoilers*
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:24 pm 

Bench page appears in Eder Delin beside fountain.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:34 pm 

Bench page? What do you mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:44 pm 

So, just a question:

[spoiler=Question]Why isn't the page available in my Bevin's private instance of the city?[/spoiler]

-Qvist #25056

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Why don't you take a look? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

To force you to go to the public city or to another Bevin, dear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:57 pm 

Cuz I'm at work and don't have the patience... he he

But I won't ask you to spoiler it, I'll get there as soon as I can! Thanks for mentioning to go looking. There's new things popping up every day, and way too much ground for the average explorer to cover in order to find them all... I don't like spoilers, but an arrow pointing in the right direction sure helps! :lol: Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:03 am 

I picked it up earlier today. The change takes a second to find, but it's a nice and welcomed addition. FINALLY our avvies have a place to sit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:57 am 
Obduction Backer

I also noticed something else in my Relto. It might not be new, but I never noticed it before today.

[spoiler]On the side of the bridges out to the "sundial" island, I noticed some decoration. Three yellow spirals, with three red lines coming out of the top of each spiral, and a red wavy line along the side.[/spoiler]

Is this new?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Well, it's certainly not new within the last couple of weeks ('cause that's when I noticed it), but before that, no idea. Could have noticed it as soon as it came out, it could have been out since the beginning of Beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:02 am 
Obduction Backer

I had the notion of an RSS feed to display new Uru stuff.

(If you don't know what an RSS feed is, this notion probably doesn't interest you. :)

Actually this would be three feeds. One would just announce "New thing!", one would announce "New thing in Eder Delin!" (or whichever Age), and one would have a complete description. You could subscribe to whichever suits your level of spoiler-interest.

I could throw this together very easily. The caveat would be that updates would be when I have a chance to log in -- it wouldn't be Top Of The Hour Uru News. (I tend to play every couple of days, or when I hear about new stuff. But obviously there's no hard and fast rule.)

Worthwhile? Or should I be explaining what RSS is? I honestly don't know what Windows software people use for their RSS habits; I do most of my work on Macs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:03 am 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler]Those decorations have been there since the day I got the bridges (January 4 or 5).[/spoiler]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next