It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Where's Delin?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:47 pm 

I finally did Delin's door and have Tsogal's book in my libtary. If I want to go back to Delin for some R&R how do I get there? I can find no links in my hood, relto or nexus. Am I missing something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:55 pm 

the delin book is only currently in a limited number of bevins. i think amber horizons and the meeting place are two of them. not sure what others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm pretty sure the Great Tree Hood has Delin, too.

You said you have Tosgahl's book in your library? Did you mean the book room in the Hood? Or your bookshelf on Relto?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:26 pm 

The Spanic bevin has a Delin book. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:28 pm 

Can we request Delin be put back in our hood? I'm not all that fond of Tsogal. Delin I was happy to sit and ponder in. Has anyone requested it and gotten it back? And how would one do this? A ticket or something?

-Bonnie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

A feature request, probably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

bpgisme wrote:
Can we request Delin be put back in our hood? I'm not all that fond of Tsogal. Delin I was happy to sit and ponder in. Has anyone requested it and gotten it back? And how would one do this? A ticket or something?

Initially, all hoods got Eder Tsogal. Some hoods asked Nick White from the DRC and he gave them their Delin back. But, when he'd given the book to 10 hoods, he said that that would be the last one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

It can't hurt to contact a ResEng in-game about it as well, they might be able to do something about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:50 pm 

Quote:
Some hoods asked Nick White from the DRC and he gave them their Delin back. But, when he'd given the book to 10 hoods, he said that that would be the last one.

Yikes! Oh no!!! Okay... I guess I'll put in a feature request. I went and found a Delin a short while ago but interrupted folks trying to solve the puzzle. I was just going there to sit for a while. Instead I left so they could finish. Sort of disappointing. The same feeling of relaxation isn't in Tsogal or really Kemo either. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't have a complete list yet but here are the hoods that have delin;

D'ni Museum Of Art Hood
D'ni Jazz Club Hood
lofre's hood
sherron's hood
and I believe The Great Tree hood has one too.

@Erik

Yep after Nick put the Delin book back in DJC's hood he said that it was the 10th and final hood to have a Delin book for now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:43 pm 

I understand the current situation with the various hoods and the books they have or don't have, my question is why don't we have permanant access to these areas the same as we to the various ages we have all done? Once we have done an age or area I think we should have the book placed in our relto book shelf or at least put them in the library so we can revisit or take someone with us. It makes no sense to me that we have to continously ask around for this information and bother so many other people and then bother them for invitations if we can't find them on the nexus board.
Just the thoughts of a grumpy old man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Budsie175, no one really other then Cyan can give a definitive answer to your question of why there is no Delin or Tsogahl link in our Relto books or a book on our shelves for each age. There are a couple of things you can do yourself though to express your wishes.

One, you should open up a feature request with Cyan detailing exactly what you want to see as regards links to Delin and Tsogahl. Two, you could try to PM one or a couple key Cyan individuals who may, if their time permits, give you an answer. The names you see in blue amongst the list of moderators are Cyan employees. There of course are no guarantees that any Cyan employee will have time to answer though as they are probably PM’d a lot and are busy with develpoment. I think a feature request would be the best approach, if you and many others request the same, your wish and theirs, may possibly be granted.

And who knows, perhaps one of the Cyanist/Cyantists who peruse these forums will see this thread and pop in here with an explanation, perhaps. No guarantees of that though. There is a lot to read on these forums. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:16 am 

Tweek wrote:
Yep after Nick put the Delin book back in DJC's hood he said that it was the 10th and final hood to have a Delin book for now

Of course, those are all public hoods. What about private hoods? Do any of them have a Delin book?

I talked to a ResEng (Drechsel), and he told me it was a DRC decision and I'd have to take it up with Laxman or Engberg. So, my mirror twin sent a kimail to Laxman asking to have the Delin back in his hood. Still waiting for a response.

(As a PS, Ttreb also suggested that the DRC install a small weather station -- maybe a barometer and a thermometer -- to enlist the aid of the explorers in gathering data for meteorological predictions. :))

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]