It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:47 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Age making
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:00 pm 

I hav a great Idea of How Players could create Ages!: how about something like Avatar Customizing? U see, the player would get a Blank book and on the Page before the Pannel there would be sliders, color Pallates etc. the player must only Use Sliders to Change the Size, sellect shape or Draw the Shape etc, select a large variety of trees, customize wild life and maybe import Textures from Photoshop or Something for Grass, Rock, etc. then when all is Finished press Create and ithe age will load and then U can turn the Page and link in! :) and if anybody from Cyan reads this pleeze tell me what U think of it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:03 pm 

This has been discussed in length already.

http://urulive.cyanworlds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=443&sid=eb02f81169a1ee0c1896f74d4debabec

http://urulive.cyanworlds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=537&sid=eb02f81169a1ee0c1896f74d4debabec

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:06 pm 

O... it has? sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:38 pm 

Ummm, actually, this particular idea hasn't been discussed in either thread. Mostly what those threads seem to be is an argument.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:00 pm 

Doesnt anybody else like my Toppic :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:52 pm 

I like it :)

My IC-blog for exploration and age building:
http://dniworlds.rabenschwinge.com/blog/wordpress/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:42 pm 

Maratanos wrote:
Ummm, actually, this particular idea hasn't been discussed in either thread. Mostly what those threads seem to be is an argument.

It does sound like a good idea but as mentioned above I now shy away from any age making discussion because it just turns into an argument about why not to have user ages rather than a discussion on the topic. ALong with any topic that might make some think "guilds".

Your idea does have merit. You could also find pages to add to that book much like pages that we currently add to our relto books. The new pages could give you content that you could customize with your slider system and add to your age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Aww, no arguments? And I was just about to suggest a boxed version of user made ages with guilds and a real storyline...

:mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:23 am 

D'Lanor wrote:
Aww, no arguments? And I was just about to suggest a boxed version of user made ages with guilds and a real storyline...

:mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROTFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:27 am 

Naw, Justintime9, ...th' thing is Cyan has repeatedly expressed interest in allowing users to create Ages. It's just something they see as really, really far down the line.

~Joey Linebacker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:09 pm 

I would want to have a bit more ability than just simple little Sliders. Sure it would be a semi-quick way to complete one, but having pre-made objects and trees just wouldn't be enough for me. Sure having a few would be good, but I'd want more! It would be better for them to put in a better way to build objects and sculpt the land, rather than just having sliders.

MO:UL KI Number: 6138333

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
This IS my signature...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think the sliders is a fine idea, and would work well for the non-programmer/modeler tools

I'm also thinking something similar to Terragen would be nice as part of the generic user age maker tools.

Cyan has said they want to incorperate user-made Ages in some way, but they're a long way off from having that set up and the tools available. All I hope for is that Cyan will create some sort of realistic and fair screening process, so that any user made Ages that are accessable in game, meet a certain standard, and are clearly marked as non-D'ni Ages :)

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:53 pm 

without wasting too much of my valuable time, i'll simply point to this: http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=171

Post subject: A good Idea
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:08 pm 

:D I like the Idea.

A slider system would be more then enough for basics like land/water distribution, trees, and a elevation map. That part is fairly straight forward to do a cookie cutter on :D , and I think many explorers would drool over the chance to have even a empty age to play in :wink: . The problem is after creating an empty age, adding buildings, tunnels, lights, props, ect ect ect.... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:22 pm 

I like the idea of new content, ...but as a side note, there are important reasons to keep total control of new content with Cyan, for they are the ones who know the most of the real D'ni story and can best decide what is to be shared. Perhaps there could be a way to post suggested created intepretations of what we may concieve of or see, for their review. Your ideas is a neat one. :D

"We Build Worlds"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next