It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:06 am 
Obduction Backer

A lot of us already have plans for the Ages we want to make when the Age creation tools come out (we hope) in August. You may already know that the Alcugs people would like to import their Ages (Ahra Pahts, etc.) into Uru when the time comes, and over at Ages of Ilathid we would like to make a few (or all) of our Ages into full 3D.
For myself, I would like to create the following Ages (someday):
1. A hanging city in the clouds Age
2. An iceworld-volcano-spaceship Age
3. A huge tree-giant termite burrow-branchriver Age
4. An ice cavern-icicle Age
5. A Carboniferous forest/swamp Age
6. An Age that looks like the woods around my house
7. An Age where you can go fishing and do a lot of fun stuff in.
And I know that some people were planning on making memorial Ages.
What sorts of Ages do you want to make?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:34 am 
Obduction Backer

My memorial Age, Tefoonet'ahn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:49 am 

The ages of ilathid is still alive? YAY!!!!! :D

Anyway,i don't care about the age it-self,i just wan't thet it will be more connected to yeesha's story and not the drc story :) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:00 pm 

I can't draw to save my life, so I think it'd be great if in the future Cyan did some Age-collaboration with someone like Weta Digital or Jim Henson Productions (imagine a world like The Dark Crystal as an Age). 8)

Underground, overground, wombling free!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Over at Age Builders, we're working on a city age (Ahra Pahts) which contains areas created by different fans. (link)

And if you want to explore some fan-created ages now, just install Trylon's UruLinkManager in your URU:Complete Chronicles installation. (instructions)

If you want to create your own ages to pass the time in between MO:UL updates, read about it here.

Jennifer_P: can you provide a link to the Ages of Ilathid home page?

Tweek: I'd really like to see how Tefoonet'ahn is progressing. Do you have screenshots somewhere? And would you be willing to distribute it via ULM?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:19 pm 

I'm currently learning Blender.
I have some ideas about features for an Age, but they're not integrated yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:08 pm 

I've always wanted an Age with a wide range of weather/daylight cycles. I know, we have Ages with day/night, and we have Kemo where it rains every few minutes. I'm talking about an Age where these weather patterns happen randomly, not on a schedule, and where the day/night cycle can be tracked by moving stars or a sun that rises and sets. The closest thing we have to the weather thing is Eder Delin which seems to be experiencing seasons.

I also like the idea of a collection of tall spires--or maybe a few mountains--connected by a network of extendable/movable/rotating bridges. Think Channelwood upper levels, but on a much larger scale and in a different environment. Can you say multiplayer puzzle?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:32 pm 

The DRINKIN' AGE!

(Rallying cry)

Come on, whos with me!!!

no?

(sigh...) It was worth a shot.

-Anonymous-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:44 pm 

unfortunately the age I've wanted to create is somewhat complicated and I'm not sure if I could even pull it off or if its even possible. I'm sure someone like the cyan's people could, but it may take them a long time to do it.

My age would be dangerous(alot of panic linking, if not carefull), but once you figured it out things would be fine.
It would have multi-player option and single player option puzzles. Kinda a cross between tomb raiders and myst type puzzles.

I'm like thork can't draw to save my life, but I am learning blender and can move around it it preaty good.

Maybe one of these days I'll get it done, but with work its rather hard to find time to do anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, actually the Ages of Ilathid website proper got its domain name taken pretty recently, but they're working on a fix.
Here's a link to the forums:
http://ilathid.stoneship.org/boards/index.php
Superficially, it may look like nothing's going on, but that's because much of the forum isn't accessible to the public. (This is to avoid giving away the game.) I've talked with some of the people involved, and there should be "new content" coming up sometime... :) Can't say more, classified information. 8) But you can get a small preview of the game in the post "Interview." I've played the demo (it used to be at their website) and the graphics, animations, and music were almost Riven quality!

You know what we need to do to make truly great Ages? We need to develop symbiotic relationships with each other. For example, I'm a good artist but I know zip for python. If me and someone who knew python worked together on an Age, it would be that much better. We could probably even learn skills from each other.

Hey, let's post some "screenshots"! I've got a few doodles and a couple half decent pictures in MSPaint (!) and colored pencils I can post when I have time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have a huge list filed away of things I want to try in Age creation. But it's mostly tiny little things, or individual techniques.

- Thick glass that refracts light
- Iridescence
- A wicker basket
- One really good boulder

I figure I'll work up to full Ages slowly. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:26 pm 

The Age I would like to make/see/explore in URU will probably never be there. This since it is an idear which surely must have copyright on it and is the creative property of somebody else.

I mean 'The House'-environment as described in the 'Otherworld'-series written by Tad Williams, situated on the internet in the near future.

For those who know these books it might be possible to understand why I would like to explore that world, totally situated in the vastness of one very very big house, with very grand stairs with houses build on it; houses build in a house, imagine ...

But as I said, that Age will possibly be a dream forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Jennifer_P: those screenshots on the Ages of Ilathid forum Interview topic look fantastic! Kudos to the Ilathid team - looking forward to its release!

If you're an artist looking for a programmer, try posting over at Age Builders; specifically, in this forum. Back in December, MercAngel was looking for an artist for his Atlantis project; see the post here. I have helped some artists with their Python scripts for their ages; once you get to that point, just drop me a line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:42 pm 

Dibs on the Towers-in-Vast-Sea age! :)

Yeah, I'm working on an age. Going fairly slowly, though. This ol' CC install is getting more corrupt every minute...suppose all those H'uru patches may have been a bad idea...

KI #00072427[Kedry]
"Conjecture is not fact, and opinion is not fact, and no matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true." - Shaun Lyon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:54 pm 

I want one that's dry and hot, but surrounded by water.
It would have lots of gadgets and machines to play with.
Lots of refractive glass and shiny metal.

Something a lot like Book Assembly Island in Riven.

Also, I want my age to have Odorama. I want to be able to smell it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next